• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Is Splatoon dead?

EarlyCuyler

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5208-7719-6394
The last time i tried to play (late 2016) i could not connect to any matches and everytime i did i was booted out due to losing connection. I have since not played the game due to the fact my wiiu had been lost in my garage when we were going to move.

I have found it and set it up again, ive been itching to play it.

The question is, can you even connect to online matches? Are people still playing online?

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
People are indeed still playing the game. Still pretty easy to find matches. If you continue to have connection issues, then you may want to take a look at your own network, or invest in a USB to Ethernet adapter if going wired is a viable option for you.

RelicRaider

Pro Squid
NNID
RelicRaiderULTD
Switch Friend Code
SW-6136-3428-7995
Id say no. I joined on Christmas Day 2016 and I believe that brought in a flood of new players. Turf Wars is never short of games, but the matchmaking can be weird sometimes, I was level 4 and winning every match so I decided to leave maybe buy a weapon and when I joined another group it was all level 50s, and it was a real slaughter house. Ive also always been able to find a match in ranked, at least up to A+ because that's as far as I am at the minute. If the connection is still dropping it might be good to get the Ethernet adapter if you don't already have it.

Sorry about the wall of text, first post :p

EarlyCuyler

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5208-7719-6394
People are indeed still playing the game. Still pretty easy to find matches. If you continue to have connection issues, then you may want to take a look at your own network, or invest in a USB to Ethernet adapter if going wired is a viable option for you.
Ethernet is actually my preferred method of connecting, but with the Switch coming out soon i dont know if i should bother.. i guess i could use it with the switch too..

As for @RelicRaider.. Im glad to hear people are still playing... i need to get back into it

blu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
blu_64
If Splatoon 1 ever does die, it will respawn on the switch. I think the game is as alive as ever since fans are preparing for the upcoming sequel. It was probably the same way with the original Smash Bros.

RespawningJesus

Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
Ethernet is actually my preferred method of connecting, but with the Switch coming out soon i dont know if i should bother.. i guess i could use it with the switch too..

As for @RelicRaider.. Im glad to hear people are still playing... i need to get back into it
You can still use the ethernet adapter with the docking station of the Switch. Portable mode, yeah, you will need wi-fi.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I wouldn't worry about splatoon's playerbase taking a big hit for, at least, 3 months... or whenever in summer Splatoon 2 releases.

And it still won't die since I'm sure many still won't get a switch. Butt hackers may become a worse problem once splatoon 2 does release...

The Meme Lord

Inkster Jr.
NNID
gravityfallsboy
Definitely not. I still to matches fairly quickly, but there is an unusual amount of Japanese players lately. Maybe it's me just noticing it.

RespawningJesus

Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
Definitely not. I still to matches fairly quickly, but there is an unusual amount of Japanese players lately. Maybe it's me just noticing it.
I wouldn't say an unusual amount. You are just getting paired with them more frequently, since there are less people playing it in the West it seems. Splatoon is pretty dang popular in Japan, by what I hear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom