• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Is The Aerospray Viable In Ranked Battles?

So a lot of believe that even though Aerospray is great in Turf War, but in Ranked Battles it can be considered one of the worst weapons to be used in this video. Major reason for lack of range the Aerospray has. The video with the title of the topic (
) is trying to prove that the Aerospray (and to be specific the Aerospray MG) is viable in Ranked Battles, by giving advice and showing a S Ranked Battle, using the Aerospary MG and winning by knockout. Your thoughts on this video? Do you believe Aerospray has the potential or is a good weapon to use in Ranked Battles?

Smychavo

Full Squid
NNID
llantonino
Honestly, I think this weapon is borderline decent in ranked. Mostly on how hard it is to score splats with this weapon because a majority of the time you'll be outranged by players with better shooters like the dual squelcher or the tentatek splattershot. Even then, the aerospray could have some value in splat zones simply because of it's good ink spread which could secure the zone rather quickly.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
The big problem with the Aero MG is that Tentatek exists, since Tentatek has a much better sub and better damage output. You can use the Aero but it's vastly overshadowed by the 'Tek.
The very quick ink coverage does mean you'll charge up Inkzooka way faster, so it at least got something over the Tentatek.

Misha

Pro Squid
NNID
Misha21
I haven't play it much outside of turf wars but like above it really depend on the mode, person and map. Frankly, I prefer long range weapons.

CoolSquid

Inkling
NNID
Xx_SwiftStar_xX
I'm an A- with it, I just play super aggressive, and use the seekers a lot, and most of the time it works, the best is when you get a double kill

Dreamy Luigi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DreamyZack
I feel like Neo Splash is just better overall, Burst Bombs whenever you need to harass at long range, the gun covers area really fast, and doesn't have a problem getting kills at all.

Calamari

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Toowrighteous
I main it for Ranked and I'd say it's very viable.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
As someone who uses a Splash-o-matic in Splatzones, poor range is not a reason a weapon should be overlooked. Granted, the Splash's special is the main reason it works so well, but I can still put up a good fight with the weapon itself.

However, the Aerospray would have a hard time playing anything other than support in ranked. Maybe you can have someone who has a lot of special charge up and duration constantly using the inkzooka to push the objective, as the Aerospray can cover a lot of turf. Problem is, other weapons can do that too, while still being more effective in combat.

MrL1193

Inkling Cadet
The Aerospray itself is poor at combat, so if it were to have a niche in competitive play, it would have to be for its ability to charge its special quickly. However, lest you forget, the Inkzooka is getting nerfed (again) by the upcoming patch. It's just the final nail in the coffin, really; the Aerospray is already dead in the competitive scene, and after the patch, no one is going to give it a second glance.

Knightmare82

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Dirteburg32
Disagree, I don't think the Aerospray can put up much of a fight in general in a meta full of Snipers, Gals, and Tentatek (Though that may change due to this upcoming patch). One COULD argue that its strong in Splat Zones due to Inkstrikes and fast ink coverage but overall I'd usually suggest against it. Aerosprays have to get up close and personal to kill and if you wanted to do that you would simply use a blaster which has more range and killing capabilities.

D

Deleted Member

as the Aerospray can cover a lot of turf. Problem is, other weapons can do that too, while still being more effective in combat.
The Aerospray isn't even the best at what its designed for (ink coverage). The Dynamo Roller is superior at ink coverage while being a far better weapon.

Calamari

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Toowrighteous
The Aerospray isn't even the best at what its designed for (ink coverage). The Dynamo Roller is superior at ink coverage while being a far better weapon.
The Dynamo doesn't have rapid fire and won't be able to kill in one hit on the sides after 2.2.0. They both have their strengths and weaknesses.

D

Deleted Member

Nope. Aerosprays is one of the easiest weapons to shut down as a Dynamo Roller.

Calamari

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Toowrighteous
Truth hurts.
No, it's that you shouldn't just shut down a weapon because of it weaknesses. It has its pros like fast movement and good turf coverage, and it has its cons of bard TTK and bad range. The Dynamo has its pros like good turf coverage and long range, and has its cons like being pretty bad up close, soon it won't be able to kill on the sides, and it consumes lots of ink.

Look into and even use the weapon a lot more to see its pros and cons. I thought the Slosher was wayyy too good, then I used it and saw its weaknesses.

D

Deleted Member

No, it's that you shouldn't just shut down a weapon because of it weaknesses. It has its pros like fast movement and good turf coverage, and it has its cons of bard TTK and bad range. The Dynamo has its pros like good turf coverage and long range, and has its cons like being pretty bad up close, soon it won't be able to kill on the sides, and it consumes lots of ink.

Look into and even use the weapon a lot more to see its pros and cons. I thought the Slosher was wayyy too good, then I used it and saw its weaknesses.
I've used the Aerospray RG with 999,999 Turf Inked and the MG with 300,000 Turf Inked. The fact that it takes 5 hits to splat, has bad accuracy AND bad range means that competent opponents have plenty of time to react and juke you. I really like the Aerospray, and its good for Turf Wars, but its just not that good in Ranked Mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom