• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Is there a way to get rid of a player...?

binx

Pro Squid
NNID
binx33
Hi everyone~

So, as the name of the thread implies, there is a $*ù%# guy I'd like to never meet in ranked, but I don't know how to do. Basically, he just makes his team lose. Sometimes he is with me, sometimes he is against me, that's not the problem, he just ruins my fun in both cases. Most of the time he doesn't play at all, but still don't disconnect (by moving or doing stupid things near his spawn), sometimes he plays just a bit here and there (and then do nothing like I already said). I'm guessing he doesn't want a 0-0 ratio in every game...

I blocked him. It's not the only one I blocked, but that's the only one I keep meeting again, and again, and AGAIN.

Somehow I can *almost* be ok with guys doing this once in their life. They're bored, they had bad games, I don't know... ok, they do it once or twice... I would'nt do it and I don't like it, but ok. This guy does it in every game I saw, days after days.. I don't really know if there are rules or something, but I'd like to see these guys punished somehow - of course it's probably too much to ask for, but at least I'd like not to meet him again. And that should be my right...?

So, does someone know of a way?

By the way, I tried reporting him in the miiverse thing, even if I know it's not the right place. I didn't think it would do anything, but I still tried.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Nope. Blocking only reduces the chances of running into the sod, and you've been pretty unfortunate by the sounds of it.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Wow, it's really unfortunate that you ran into the same problem player so many times. While it's hard to remember if I've truly never played with any blocked players ever again, I'm sure I haven't. I wish there were some more ways to report people who are doing questionable things, but that kind of system would be abused I'm sure.

Maave

Inkling Commander
Ugh I just had this happen last night. Was this the guy? I had two matches with him before I exited that group. He'd grab the rainmaker and stand still near spawn.

binx

Pro Squid
NNID
binx33
Nope, he has a really easy name to remember as it's not japanese: Alex.

I blocked several but as far as I know it's the only one I keep meeting... I know it's supposed to "reduce chances", but I can't see how it's "reduces", as I meet him more than most of the competitive players I know (excepted kagutso that I meet several times a week). A tfirst I thought ""reduced chances" meant "you'll never meet him excepted if nobody plays splatoon anymore and we have no choice", but I guess it's not that good.

Captain Woomy

Woomy Enthusiast
Hi everyone~

So, as the name of the thread implies, there is a $*ù%# guy I'd like to never meet in ranked, but I don't know how to do. Basically, he just makes his team lose. Sometimes he is with me, sometimes he is against me, that's not the problem, he just ruins my fun in both cases. Most of the time he doesn't play at all, but still don't disconnect (by moving or doing stupid things near his spawn), sometimes he plays just a bit here and there (and then do nothing like I already said). I'm guessing he doesn't want a 0-0 ratio in every game...

I blocked him. It's not the only one I blocked, but that's the only one I keep meeting again, and again, and AGAIN.
It's a real shame seeing players sabotage matches like that. I blocked a guy a while ago and have ended up in a few online matches with him, but not nearly as much as it sounds like you've been running into the player you're having problems with. The blocking system does not seem to work all that well online in games. It's really only useful for keeping users away from your posts on Miiverse.

Ugh I just had this happen last night. Was this the guy? I had two matches with him before I exited that group. He'd grab the rainmaker and stand still near spawn.

@binx @Maave Interesting. What ranks are you two at?

Setu

I've actually had the same exact thing happen but I can't recall what the name was. I just know it was an English name

Captain Woomy

Woomy Enthusiast
S+?!
And all of a sudden my thoughts to possibly play ranked in the future have gone out the window.

I guarantee the guy sabotaging your matches either save scummed or hacked his rank, so he was never in any danger if his team lost. I couldn't even imagine being S+ 97 only to be put on a team with him the next round.

Nousha

Full Squid
NNID
NoushaKhanom
As I write this I'm in S+, but I've encountered worse-than-useless players (maybe once or twice, it was a long time ago) like that before in S. Sorry to hear that it's a recurring problem.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I'm guessing their logic is "I got this far, who cares anymore?" Of course, any logic is going to be abhorrent, and like I said, FIRE!

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
Unfortunately, "blocking" someone only prevents them from accessing your Miiverse profile. :c You can still encounter them in the game as normal. The best way to usually avoid these players is take a break for an hour or two before trying again and hoping they're not playing anymore. I remember having this happen to me a while back. Someone was throwing the matches in S+ (probably someone who hacks their rank and doing it just to troll). I blocked them and went back into a Ranked match almost to immediately be paired back up with them... Great system really. >.>

binx

Pro Squid
NNID
binx33
Well, I just had a game... Fisrt exho of the game, I see one is in their spawn and stays there. At first I thought "is it Alex? I'm recording I'll be able to upload [to you]". The next echo confirmed the guy wasn't playing, and then we won in more than one minute, without him disconnecting so that wasn't afk. He went 0-0. It wasn't Alex, but it was someone I already had blocked too. So yeah, it's probably useless... This one is called "jack". Such nonsense...

Coincidentally I was reading an article today about how trolls are a real problem about everywhere on the internet, especially in social media and video games. I wonder what will happen in the future about them, and obviously, to everyone. Anyway, the topic sadly doesn't have a solution, so maybe we can close it.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
They're an eternal problem with no solution, cause that's just how humanity is. I realize that's kind of a grand sweeping statement, but it IS the truth.

lone

Inkster Jr.
NNID
loneotaku
Switch Friend Code
SW-1901-5583-6414
Oh my god, that totally sucks. Getting into Ranked matches with people who throw them away is the ultimate pain.
If you remember any details about the guy when you played with him, like what time he plays, maybe try to play at the time you dont remember encountering him? Such as playing in the morning when you encountered him at night (maybe he's a student) or playing on work days (maybe he has a job).

Sidenote, that's a pretty interesting thing about the blocking system-- Only blocking on miiverse, but not actually in game... Kinda flawed if you ask me, since a "block" should mean a full on BLOCK.

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
I think the block feature also lowers the chance of you running into them ingame drastically. If you manage to find the person on miiverse again, you should block them there and it certainly will help you avoid them from my knowledge. I've done it before and the people I blocked I never ran into again. Could be just my luck, though.

binx

Pro Squid
NNID
binx33
Well I blocked him on Miiverse, I'll see if I meet him again.

About playing at other hours, there is just no way. I mean, I don't want to make choices just because there are stupid guys doing this or that. Even if I meet him way too often to my taste, I still can leave the lobby after one game. Anyway I play... pretty much always, so... :D

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
You must find them, and then claim what is truly yours. Victory.
Challenge them to a sparring match where you fight with the Wii U gamepad, the loser must give up their Wii U and all copies of Splatoon, as does the prophecy say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom