• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

It's actually a good thing subs and specials are locked.

Crimsoninkling

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
BramWildenberg
Otherwise we would have to deal with splatbomb bubbler chargers. That makes me shiffer.

MakesDream

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ToastMiller
Or burst bomb everything. Which would extremely accelerate the current damage/defense meta

Graff

I'm not funny D:
NNID
griffingraff
What if subs balanced themselves depending on the main weapon they are loaded with? Actually, I guess it would complicate things more.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
I once entertained the idea that every weapon should be able to choose either their set sub or burst bombs, but I quickly realized just how tragic that would be.

blu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
blu_64
game balancing would be more difficult, and the subs and specials, themselves, would probably be nerfed further to prevent "op combos".

DekuKitty

Pro Squid
NNID
SkyeHunter
I'm glad for the set sub and specials on weapons. As everyone has already pointed out, the game would be full of people using overpowered combinations. It also gives people an incentive to try out more weapons and see what they like.

Jeffrizzel

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Jeffrizzel
As snipers have shown, you don't actually need a primary weapon. All you need is burst bombs....

seremph

Inkling
NNID
seremph
I'm actually glad that subs are locked because burst bombs on everything would be soo annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom