• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

I've heard Splatoon 2 has voice chat?

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
Is that true? That's a huge no for me, so I probably wont really invest in it.

Cyan

Inkling Commander
Yes and no. Splatoon 2 does support voice chat, but only through the companion mobile app (which is yet to be released). You can use said app to organise lobby times with your friends, and communicate with them on it as well. You won't be able to communicate with strangers (their used term, those who aren't added as friends, and I believe it can't be used in public Turf and Ranked matches either [will most likely support squads should they return]). In Private you can communicate with all 7 friends in the lobby until the match starts, where you can only speak to and hear your teammates during the match.

SplatoonJP and SplatoonUS highlighted those features a few months back, and you can read the English version here if you desire: https://splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/156676664164/weve-received-a-report-that-splatoon-2-will-be

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
Yes and no. Splatoon 2 does support voice chat, but only through the companion mobile app (which is yet to be released). You can use said app to organise lobby times with your friends, and communicate with them on it as well. You won't be able to communicate with strangers (their used term, those who aren't added as friends, and I believe it can't be used in public Turf and Ranked matches either [will most likely support squads should they return]). In Private you can communicate with all 7 friends in the lobby until the match starts, where you can only speak to and hear your teammates during the match.

SplatoonJP and SplatoonUS highlighted those features a few months back, and you can read the English version here if you desire: https://splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/156676664164/weve-received-a-report-that-splatoon-2-will-be
Oh, thank you for clarifying this! I thought it would be voice chat that you can't turn off, but now I feel a bit calmer about the game and more like I might get it if I were to purchase a switch. If anything I'll try and get it and the switch around the same time.

Any clue on how much the switch's online play may cost? I've been a bit worried about that as well.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Last we heard it was around 25 to 30 dollars per year, so very little month to month.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
$20* - $30 I thought xP

Aaaaand Nintenndo has stated they definitely want to improve the online connection.
http://nintendoeverything.com/ninte...n-name-online-play-january-event-much-more/3/

So even if Nontandi fails to deliver better online connection, we have this to hold them to.
Having to take a bet on getting better match connection sucks, but the price isn't completely unreasonable, and the reward is worth the risk right?

OogieBoogie

Pro Squid
NNID
MrOogieBoogie
Sounds like it is a LOT cheaper for the online services than the other consoles with the recent reveal.

Also I bought a switch specific headset with the system launch....what the heck is the point of it if it sounds like we are gonna be talking over our phones? Or am I not understanding how it is going to work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom