• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

I've noticed a trend with how the community talks and what Nintendo does in response

Mr.HawK

The Artist
so before the game was released, there was talk about how splatoon didnt seem as though it would relly lean towards the competitive side dude to lack of matchmaking and private lobbies being just a thought. then we get a direct and everything about that plus three new modes were confirmed. afterwards there was talk of Lan being quite an issue for whether or not we would be able to do tournaments at certain conventions. again in swoops nintendo but this time it was bill trenin specifically who mentioned in an ign podcast here: (http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/07/10/nintendo-voice-chat-bill-trinen-on-comic-con-evo-and-esports ) and he talks about working on a certain mode that we dont know about yet at all that happens to use Lan capabilities (i dont remember if that was exactly what he said but you should take a listen anyway)

Lastly For anyone who wants to start tournaments and such I have news that I might not be able to back up, but on Nintendos Periscope live stream They panned over to a tv monitor that had, and hear me out when i say this, TOURNAMENT BRACKETS.

now of course this might not mean much but its definitely a clue as to what Nintendos next big update might have in store for us.

now all of this is probably just a coincidence but im willing to bet that they have seen our pleads on spectator mode and if all goes according to what ive previously mentioned, that may actually be coming to the game

again, this is just speculation and is probably not 100% accurate and YOU SHOULD take this with a grain of salt.

hopefully this trend stays true to what we've seen.

oh and one last thing HI BILL I KNOW YOU'RE WATCHING o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
What? It's not like I'm Reggie, heh, heh.

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
I don't actually think this was a result of community discussion - the Splatoon updates look to me like they were all part of a plan that was there since before launch. New features take a long time to develop, so everything (except for small stuff like the Squid Girl and sushi chef outfits) would have already been in the works.

Mr.HawK

The Artist
I don't actually think this was a result of community discussion - the Splatoon updates look to me like they were all part of a plan that was there since before launch. New features take a long time to develop, so everything (except for small stuff like the Squid Girl and sushi chef outfits) would have already been in the works.
ITS JUST A THEORY, A GAME THEORY

Cobbs

Senior Squid
NNID
CCobbs
They're pushing out their slated release features. We'll know when we're getting newly planned stuff (we'll likely be charged).

100% agree with this. Interesting theory though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom