• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

JoJo Social Thread

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
official off topic thread for JoJo's Bizzare Adventure

if you haven't heard of it its a manga that's been ongoing since the 80s and has an anime adaption you can watch on crunchyroll, it is pretty good

discussion for new JoJolion chapters and eyes of heaven are welcome

be cool and try not to spoil stuff for anime watchers

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I've never watched it, but I hear it's very good. :)
Also, they all look so much older than their canon age.

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
Finally a tread for me.

I've read up to pt. 4, but had to break for a while because the only translation I could find was the Duwang.
I only recently found a good pt.4 translation on ba.to.to so I'll be busy with that for a while.

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
Finally a tread for me.

I've read up to pt. 4, but had to break for a while because the only translation I could find was the Duwang.
I only recently found a good pt.4 translation on ba.to.to so I'll be busy with that for a while.
i'm only caught up to part 4, too ;)

Endymion

Pro Squid
NNID
Endymion0
I caught up with it recently. I love the opening Stand Strong. It's so sick. Old man Joestar always delivers the best reactions. xD

Diableos

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Diableos
Why did I not make this thread myself. I feel so ashamed. :oops:

I'm loving the anime, and I'm going to get back to the manga once Stardust Crusaders is over. One of my friends tells me I should just wait and watch it all when it's animated, but it's going to take far too long to animate all eight parts, assuming they all do get animated anyways.

Hol-heartedly love the show. The characters, plot, music, you name it. Even the Slam Jam mash-ups on YouTube.

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
Why did I not make this thread myself. I feel so ashamed. :oops:

I'm loving the anime, and I'm going to get back to the manga once Stardust Crusaders is over. One of my friends tells me I should just wait and watch it all when it's animated, but it's going to take far too long to animate all eight parts, assuming they all do get animated anyways.

Hol-heartedly love the show. The characters, plot, music, you name it. Even the Slam Jam mash-ups on YouTube.
the anime adaption for part 3 is REALLY detailed and faithful to the manga, which is actually pretty cool, but i preferred reading the manga because i could just speed read through the filler or slower paced bits

definitely going to catch up to the anime though, especially when they get to vanilla ice and dio

Axel

Inkling
NNID
Axel1K
Stand users are drawn to each other. I'm not sure I can trust anyone here...

(That aside, I started with the anime and recently started reading the manga. Currently reading Part 6, but Part 4 is definitely my fave out of the bunch. Josuke is tied with Joseph for best JoJo for me)

Dirty Duck

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheThirdChild
I'm a massive JoJo fan, I've read it all up until the Universe Reboot. School meant my progress with Steel Ball Run slowed to the point where I was forgetting what had happened, so I'm just gonna read it in the summer.

Stone Ocean is my favourite part, it was Diamond is Unbreakable for a long time and it's very close between those two but something about Stone Ocean is just so perfect. It doesn't really feel like anything else, it's fresh. I like Vento Aureo, even if it is rather weak in comparison to the other parts.

I'm looking forward to marathoning the Stardust Crusaders anime once it's done, very excited tbh. Also whilst Eyes of Heaven doesn't look as good game wise as All Star Battle was, now that they've announced Yukako I am hyped, not that Diego and Speedwagon didn't get me hyped in the first place, but Yukako is a character I wasn't expecting. What I really want from them now is Foo Fighters to be playable, as she is a wonderful character.

I'm starting to realise to those of you on the anime/not all the way through the manga I apologise that you may not know what I'm talking about with most of this post lmao

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
I'm a massive JoJo fan, I've read it all up until the Universe Reboot. School meant my progress with Steel Ball Run slowed to the point where I was forgetting what had happened, so I'm just gonna read it in the summer.

Stone Ocean is my favourite part, it was Diamond is Unbreakable for a long time and it's very close between those two but something about Stone Ocean is just so perfect. It doesn't really feel like anything else, it's fresh. I like Vento Aureo, even if it is rather weak in comparison to the other parts.

I'm looking forward to marathoning the Stardust Crusaders anime once it's done, very excited tbh. Also whilst Eyes of Heaven doesn't look as good game wise as All Star Battle was, now that they've announced Yukako I am hyped, not that Diego and Speedwagon didn't get me hyped in the first place, but Yukako is a character I wasn't expecting. What I really want from them now is Foo Fighters to be playable, as she is a wonderful character.

I'm starting to realise to those of you on the anime/not all the way through the manga I apologise that you may not know what I'm talking about with most of this post lmao
i'm about to get to vento aureo, people either seem to love or hate it. guess i'm going to have to make my own opinion about it

Alexandoop

Inkling
NNID
TheUltraDeino
They really need to add Foo Fighters, Weather Report, Trish, and Abbacappuccino in Eyes of Heaven. Really shocked that ASB has so few Part V or VI characters. Especially VI as it's like the second-best part

i'm about to get to vento aureo, people either seem to love or hate it. guess i'm going to have to make my own opinion about it
IMO, Part V is pretty much just a worse version of Part III, half of the fights dragged on too much, and Giorno felt "meh" as a jojo. Also dunno if this counts as a spoiler, but the ending is
a big *** pull.

Dirty Duck

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheThirdChild
For me Vento Aureo is a lot of missed opportunities, but there's a lot about it I love as a JoJo fan. Keep an open mind, expect to be disappointed by certain things, but don't go into it expecting it to suck. It has some great characters imo (it's just a shame none of them are the protagonist LMAO)

If anyone fancies playing ASB with me my PSN is Sabooza, I haven't played it in a long time and I'm unsure if the Netcode is still trash but I'd be more than happy to give it a try.

They really need to add Foo Fighters, Weather Report, Trish, and Abbacappuccino in Eyes of Heaven. Really shocked that ASB has so few Part V or VI characters. Especially VI as it's like the second-best part
The later parts got pushed to the sidelines sadly. Akira didn't need to be in and "Fatty" felt like an unnecessary addition from Part IV. Part V didn't do too badly, it got most of the crew of that part. The only one really missing was Trish, which was a shame as she has wonderful design. Part VI having so few characters was bad enough but SBR only got 3, and thats like, one of the most popular parts of JoJo.

Last edited:

Axel

Inkling
NNID
Axel1K
For me Vento Aureo is a lot of missed opportunities, but there's a lot about it I love as a JoJo fan. Keep an open mind, expect to be disappointed by certain things, but don't go into it expecting it to suck. It has some great characters imo (it's just a shame none of them are the protagonist LMAO)
Yeah, Giorno didn't really do much for me. Buccelati was a lot more likable, and felt like as much of a main character as Giorno was. Though I gotta admit,
that 7-page MUDAMUDAMUDA beatdown at the end of the Green Day fight was incredible

Dirty Duck

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheThirdChild
You wanna know one thing about Vento Aureo that I loved though?

Keep in mind Dio means God in Italian whilst Diavolo means Devil. It's like Polnareff is in purgatory

Okay then friends, have some stuff from the JoJo vault of goodness;

Whilst it may seem like a spoiler it's not really, it's just something that's funny in context of a plot point

Axel

Inkling
NNID
Axel1K
Okay then friends, have some stuff from the JoJo vault of goodness;

Whilst it may seem like a spoiler it's not really, it's just something that's funny in context of a plot point
Crackin' open the meme vault :cool:

That first photoset with Dennis from IASIP as Dio is perfect

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
JJBA is amazing. I need to resume reading Stone Ocean as soon as possible. I really enjoyed Vento Aureo, although my favorite parts still are Battle Tendency and Diamond is Unbreakable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom