• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Judgment Day 2016?

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
CNN and all the rest can talk about how close the polls are, but I don't think it'll matter in the long run. It really does look like Trump has this election in the bag. Not bad for a meme, all things considered.

Now, I've heard plenty of talk about out America's going to Hell in a handbasket if he does win (along with some less pleasant things that I dare not bring up now). I've heard it on the web and in person, but I don't really think the US is doomed just because of this. A goal cannot be achieved without a coherent plan to get there, and what I know of Trump's goals is that there's very little in the way of getting them done, outside of getting (taxpayer dollars and) Mexico to cover the cost of the mythical wall. And considering how politically radicalized both sides of the spectrum have become, such plans won't be passed any more easily than Obamacare was.

Is Trump going to be a popular president? Not likely. Is he getting the boot in 2020? Probably, if he handles the country badly enough (which all signs point towards, admittedly). But if eight years of Bush couldn't run this country into the ground, then I'll hedge my bets and say that doomsday for us isn't as near as it seems. I foresee the future to be quite a bumpy ride, but not one that's going over a bottomless pit in 100 days.

Then again, I am an unapologetic optimist as of late, so perhaps there's deeper things that I'm not seeing.

Slurmp

Pro Squid
NNID
HedgehogOverlord
The Canadian immigration site has crashed.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Hah hah hah hah hah hah. The screw you establishment and corporate media vote won.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
It's official. Trump is our president. God help us all.

As I called it, one of the first things he talked about was trying to bring America back together. Truly, the divide between political ideologies is pretty damn severe, and it's something I don't think can be fixed just by asking nicely. The people who were against Trump are almost certain to stay opposed to him every step of the way, no matter if he offers an olive branch or deportation papers in return. There can be no reconciliation, only more and more hatred of the other side. (Hmm, where have I seen this before?)

I will note something I heard, that apparently the Democrats didn't really put much effort into securing either the Latino vote or the supposed safe-win states like Michigan and Wisconsin. I really wouldn't be surprised if the former was the case, although I'll need to know the demographics per state to see what "not securing" turned out to look like. But the latter? I mean, there's the old saying about counting chickens before they hatch...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom