1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

[Jun 13, 2016] Leagues Under the Ink: Season 2 (Online)

Discussion in 'Event & Tournament Listings' started by Leagues Under The Ink, May 28, 2016.

Leagues Under the Ink: Season 2
Posted By Leagues Under The Ink

Monday, June 13, 2016 - 05:00 AM
(ends Monday, August 22, 2016 - 05:00 AM)
Timezone: Europe/Amsterdam

Upcoming Occurrences

All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/Amsterdam

This event does not have any/other upcoming occurrences...
  1. Leagues Under The Ink

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Season 2: Monday, 13th June 2016 (2am UTC)
    __________________________________________________________________________________________

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Registration will occur on the official website beginning Season 2 and moving onwards
    • A captain must register an account on the LUTI website using a Twitter account [Mandatory]
    • Once a captain has signed up, they may register their team for other to join
    • Each player participating in the league must create their own account on the website using Twitter
    • Individual players may then select their team from a list of registered ones on the website
    • Team captains can then look at the invites to their team and reject/accept their players into the team
    • Once a captain accepts 3+ players into their team, they may 'lock-in' their roster and officially register with LUTI
    Registration by individual Twitter accounts will streamline the process of signing up for future seasons [e.g find your team, select, and lock in] rather than inputting a text heavy Google Form every season. Thank you for your understanding

If you have any questions or inquiries about the website, please ask for help in the #website-helpdesk channel on Discord

Keep in mind the following rules for registration
    • A team may register with a minimum of 4, and a maximum of 10 players
    • A player may only sign up for a single team
    • Teams from the same squad will be treated and ranked as separate teams
    • Only 3 transfers may be made during the entirety of the Season [Drops do not count]
    • A maximum of 2 transfers may be made in one week
    • Starting week 6 onward, only a single transfer may be made if all 3 have not been depleted already

[​IMG]
    Unlike Season 1, this season of LUTI will be comprised of 4 different divisions
    The first 8 weeks of the season will all be played as a Best-of-9 set

[​IMG]
    • (S) Elite Division
    • Will consist of the top 8 teams participating in LUTI
    • Each team will play each other once in a round-robin format for the first 8 weeks
    • After the first 8 weeks, the top 4 teams of the Forge division will be seeded into a double elimination bracket based on regular season standings
    • The playoffs will take place during the default times of weeks 9 (Sat. Sun.) and 10 (Sunday)

[​IMG]
    • (A) Top Division
    • Will consist of 16 teams split into 2 groups of 8
    • Each team will play the others in their group in a round-robin format for the first 8 weeks
    • The top 4 teams of each group (8 teams total) will be seeded into a single elimination bracket based on regular season standings
    • Playoffs will take place during the default times of weeks 9 (Sat. Sun.) and 10 (Sunday)

[​IMG]
    • (B) Main Division
    • Will consist of 32 teams split into 4 groups of 8
      Each team will play the others in their group in a round-robin format for the first 8 weeks
    • The top 4 teams of each group (16 teams total) will be seeded into a single elimination bracket based on regular season standings
    • Playoffs will take place during the default times of weeks 9 (Sat. Sun.) and 10 (Sunday)

[​IMG]
    • (C) Open Division
    • Will consist of any and all teams that do not meet the criteria for the other divisions [see full ruleset]
    • All teams will be seeded into groups of 8
    • The top 2 teams of each group will be seeded into a single elimination bracket based on regular season standings

For more info about promotion and relegation, please refer to the full ruleset

[​IMG]
    Please read the full ruleset for more detailed info
    Each team will play one match a week during the regular season - with the weekly map schedule being released at Monday 2am UTC every week. As there is a week long span between each match period, teams will have the opportunity to contact their opponent and schedule their match to take place any time during the week. A scheduling form may be submitted via the website to register an official time. Not submitting a form is a team's own risk. and If no scheduling forms are submitted by teams, they will have less grounds to dispute their match if a situation arises.

If teams cannot agree on a time to play, they must play at the default time of Sunday 8pm UTC

Here is the timetable for general info that must be followed
    • Sunday 8pm UTC: Default time for matches
    • Sunday 11pm UTC: Deadline for reporting scores
    • Monday 2am UTC: Map schedule released for the next week

[​IMG]

Head of Staff
    @Njok

Staff Secretary
    @Charlight

Graphic Design and Media
    @Demiose

Head of Media
    @CryptikSpoon

Broadcasting
    @Khraka

Website and Design
    @Bleck
    @eggsforsale
    @BlueTakenoko

Moderation
    @Dne1494
    @Squiddiamfancyson
    @Agentdave

League Organizers
    @Zarkith
    @Typhlosion09

Send business related emails and inquiries to leaguesundertheink@gmail.com

Kyoto, Kbot, Typhlosion09 and 5 others like this.
  2. C.A.

C.A. Inkster Jr.

HOYP

3. Joseph Staleknight

Joseph Staleknight Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    JStaleknight
    IT RETURNS

Can't wait to see some more LUTI action soon!

4. Aristeia

Aristeia Semi-Pro Squid

NNID:
    Sifo33
    Sad to see Division C essentially cut the amount of playoff teams in half, but I am so happy to be playing in a league again! Thank you guys so much for all the work you put into this, I'm super stoked for Week 1!

5. Mudkipian Emporer

NNID:
    Mudkip01
    I wanna join so badly but I don't have a Twitter :( my parents won't let me make one :(

6. AddGroove

AddGroove Inkling

NNID:
    addgroove
    ▲See what you did, Staff? :cool:

There must be some way to let Mudkip and others unable to have a Twitter account (or that might create theirs just for LUTI and will probably end up having it deleted, since Twitter goes on inactive-account deleting sprees -> https://support.twitter.com/articles/15362#) join Season 2. Wishful thinking?

OliverNEW likes this.
  7. Silver_1357

Silver_1357 Senior Squid

Well this is something to get hyped for.

8. ambr

ambr Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    amber.anocastle
    I hate to be that person, but if you're too young to have a Twitter account because your parents won't let you, then you're probably too young to be in the competitive scene. This isn't always the case but almost always will be.

Santa SB and Aristeia like this.
  9. Teenylo

Teenylo Inkling

NNID:
    Teenylo
    I am looking for a team to be on, I am a free agent and have no friends with this game T_T if anyone needs an extra team member i am willing and to go on any team (i was an a- but my account got reset, but i am not bad and i am willing to try out if you like)

Langston likes this.
  10. InkJo

InkJo Inkling

Not sign up friendly.

11. Langston

Langston Inkling

NNID:
    Mufasah1
    Anyone a t to join my clan for the tournament? It's called SuperiorInk join plz

12. Langston

Langston Inkling

NNID:
    Mufasah1
    Join mine it's called SuperiorInk!! Then friend me on the Wii U at mufasah1

13. Otaku_Fan77

Otaku_Fan77 Full Squid

NNID:
    POKEMASTERLORENZ
    My Squad is having a problem with registering their NNID so have instead registered a second account. Does that mean that they must use their second account?

14. OliverNEW

OliverNEW Full Squid

NNID:
    PaddyHerz2000
    Meeh, my twitter acc. got banned for inactivity (why twitter? -.-), and that's the only reason SatrSquids not joining xc
    The rules need to be changed if there is a season 3...