1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

Just met a hacker online who used Octoling and Hydra Splatling

Discussion in 'Regular Discussion' started by GeneraLight, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Lonely_Dolphin

Lonely_Dolphin Lord of the Squids

NNID:
    Einsam_Delphin
    Double post sorry!

2. aqua46

aqua46 Inkling Commander

As far as people not believing the plaza locks up, it does. nwplayer's stated that. it happens.

3. HaleeTheInkling

HaleeTheInkling Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    Root4dog
    Thanks so much for saying I'm lying I'm not he left before I did you wanna know details I was playing on arrowwa na mall with the tentatek splattershot and there was an octoling

4. GeneraLight

GeneraLight Inkling Commander

NNID:
    GeneraLight
    I know. My point is that this proves its possible and what battling an Octoling looks like.

aqua46 likes this.
  5. aqua46

aqua46 Inkling Commander

sorry. yes. edited to reflect.

6. HaleeTheInkling

HaleeTheInkling Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    Root4dog
    And what the heck is a met list

7. Lonely_Dolphin

NNID:
    Einsam_Delphin
    Oh lawlz, that's Nikki/NWPlayer who does not use her hacks online with randoms.

It doesn't prove that it happened to you or anyone else during a match with randoms though.

#207 Lonely_Dolphin, Oct 1, 2015
    Lasted edited by : Oct 1, 2015
  8. GeneraLight

NNID:
    GeneraLight
    Fine. Don't believe me.

9. Paragon-Yoshi

Paragon-Yoshi Inkling Cadet

Would that make any difference?
    Once you are a victim of a ****storm, it will run its course, no matter what you say.

Replying to ****storm-comments is only a waste of time and effort.
    People will not believe and indulge themselves to the fullest.

So yeah, personally I would ignore ****storm-comments as well, for that reason.

10. GeneraLight

NNID:
    GeneraLight
    I'm not saying NWPlayer123 is responsible because she's not. Nikki is a good person with good intent who sticks to private matches. I'm just showing the video evidence directly from the other unintended victim, which happened in a Private Battle rather than a Turf War in my case..

11. Lonely_Dolphin

NNID:
    Einsam_Delphin
    Well fine there's no proof that you are lying this be true, but none that you are either, so basically we can't go anywhere with this. :p
    By details I mean what time was it, what weapon they were using, how many matches you played with em, etc.

12. aqua46

aqua46 Inkling Commander

in any case, GeneraLight. I'm glad you brought this to everyone's attention, and managed to save most of your save. hope you have fun splatting! see you in the next splatfest, and hopefully when octolings truly come out of hiding, and join turf wars.

GeneraLight likes this.
  13. GeneraLight

NNID:
    GeneraLight
    Thanks

14. Lester Roquefort

Lester Roquefort Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    LesterRoquefort
    I'm SO staying away from this till it's over. I'm not going to play because:

1. If I DO play with the hacker, I'll probably somehow be blamed. I know it's far fetched, but it's part of my condition.
    2. I'm legitimately PO'd with my internet, the errors and most parts that others find fustrating, which will likely not help my chances in this matter.
    3. Metaphorically, I don't have enough soap for the storm that's blowing in.
    Apart from that, I'll still be here to try my hand at forum RPing.

15. Zombie Aladdin

Zombie Aladdin Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    Overhazard
    Heh, you guys will be playing Super Mario Maker. I'll be playing Freedom Planet on the Wii U.

Me, I'm not really that worried about coming across this Octoling. If I do, I'll be recording, and I will have undeniable evidence of this person's nome de plume. In fact, since everyone wants to know who this person is, and Nintendo would benefit from it too, I would actually like to seek out this hacker and play against them, because I WILL be recording during that time. I already know the measures to prevent my game from locking up, so I should be largely immune to it.

Say, if you leave the room, but join another before you get back into the plaza, will this also help in preventing the plaza from locking up?

If it happened at roughly 9:15 AM Eastern in that story, it'd be 6:15 AM Pacific. Still a feasible time, but pretty unlikely.

#215 Zombie Aladdin, Oct 1, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
  16. Philipppe

Philipppe Inkling

NNID:
    ender0310
    You can check in your friend list then tap Y and you will see with who you where playing with

17. Zombie Aladdin

Zombie Aladdin Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    Overhazard
    Yep, and that means I can get video evidence of THAT too. Rarely do I play multiplayer sessions without my Game Capture HD running and the recorder on.

18. Sunstone

Sunstone Let's ink it up... together!

NNID:
    Paleamethyst
    Oooh, Freedom Planet is out now?

But actually those are the times of day I play since I work third shift @.@ I'm EST, however, so I usually see JP players. I'm often the only one in rooms with an English name!

19. rnogeko

rnogeko Inkling

same thing happened to me, met an octoling with a hydra splatling too, maybe the same person, but thats not the point it freaked me out because i have **** connection and i hadn't done the usb save thing yet, luckily the octoling left.

20. Lonely_Dolphin

NNID:
    Einsam_Delphin
    So let me get this straight, despite already knowing the situation, you still didn't get video or pictures, or even their name and NNID?