1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

Just met a hacker online who used Octoling and Hydra Splatling

Discussion in 'Regular Discussion' started by GeneraLight, Sep 28, 2015.

1. ShinyGirafarig

ShinyGirafarig Inkling Commander

NNID:
    ShinyGirafarig
    I read this from another forum.

This website (https://splatoon.nintendo.net/), the same website that tracks stage rotations also tracks certain stats from people on your friend list including weapons used and amount inked. Perhaps it also tracked the unreleased weapon and Nintendo is more than capable of tracking the responsible one down.

2. Lonely_Dolphin

Lonely_Dolphin Lord of the Squids

NNID:
    Einsam_Delphin
    Well that's only if you logged into the site, but I'm sure Nintendo would still be able to know who's hacking easily, if anyone even is of course. At this point I can't help but wonder if this is all just a big farce. We really can't have this many victims yet still no proof whatsoever. Since I'd rather not believe people are really that incompetent, they must just be lying. I think General Light could be telling the truth, but everyone else is definitely just fueling the fire n hysteria and wanting attention.

3. Brunosky_Inc

Brunosky_Inc 57% Squid Kid / 43% Hipster

NNID:
    Brunosky_Inc
    Well, I'll sure as hell have my phone's camera on the ready whenever I start a match, just in case.

4. Topazrekerboy

Topazrekerboy Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    janspinoy
    Hold on, K with Numbers in it? That's the same exact person my friend came across! He didn't say anything about the weapon, but he said the name was K then a bunch of numbers in it. I'll be sure to tell him this and what he saw.

5. alexmario98

alexmario98 Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    alexmario98
    Hello every inkling out here

Since Im new here , I'd to would like to assist on this search for the octo hacker that is corrupting many young users save files without knowing

Let's remind our selves Nikki is 100% innocent on this I believe she has no take in this and to be honest she's too kind

But on track the only thing to do is to risk going on turf wars and run into this hacker and later finding the NNID, wouldn't it be very useful to identify this person to Nintendo I want to make people to have fun again without fear in Splatoon

Yes I believe taking a picture or video can expose this person

6. Lonely_Dolphin

NNID:
    Einsam_Delphin
    Nope, nevermind, GeneraLight is lying aswell! I started re-reading his post in here to see if there was anything fishy about anything he said, and sure enough there was!

Here's where he messed up! Players get added to the recent players list as soon as you exit the result screen, not after you enter the plaza. You can go ahead and confirm this for yourselves like I just did. Join a lobby, play a game, leave the lobby, (putting you back at the online menu), then press the home button and check your recent players list. Everyone who was in the lobby will be there, and you haven't even touched the plaza yet.

Brunosky_Inc and ShinyGirafarig like this.
  7. ShinyGirafarig

ShinyGirafarig Inkling Commander

NNID:
    ShinyGirafarig
    Oooh.... It's just like that game where you play as a lawyer. Expecting revised testimony now.

8. Topazrekerboy

Topazrekerboy Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    janspinoy
    Oh ok so he was lying. Yes I know the recent play thing too, and I should've noticed it. However, I'm pretty sure the K(Insert random numbers here) is real. I have told my friends (not just the one who found him/her) to keep an eye out for an unreleased weapon user, or an Octoling. I got my eyes on the cheddar.

Edit: did anyone else look at the bottom to see how many people are viewing this? Wow.

9. Brunosky_Inc

NNID:
    Brunosky_Inc
    What!? *Objection! starts playing*

That problem with the report sounds kind of obvious in hindsight, to be honest...

#229 Brunosky_Inc, Oct 1, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
    aceofscarabs and Lonely_Dolphin like this.
  10. Lonely_Dolphin

NNID:
    Einsam_Delphin
    A real user? Probably. The Octoling hacker? Nope. This whole thing stemmed from this thread, so everything related is false aswell.

11. Brunosky_Inc

NNID:
    Brunosky_Inc
    Plot twist: OP is secretely a member of the Squid Research Lab setting players up in preparation for Octo-ber.

12. Agosta44

Agosta44 Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    Agosta
    Obviously he's lying. There's 0 proof to begin with. All this octoling hacker reporting came from this thread. People who overreacted caused panic in gullible people.

Besides, here's his gamefaqs account

[​IMG]

What a swell guy I bet he would never lie.

Edit: there are also no other people that experienced this. They are either little kids who saw this on gonintendo or some **** and are lying, or they're puppet accounts.

Lonely_Dolphin likes this.
  13. GeneraLight

GeneraLight Inkling Commander

NNID:
    GeneraLight
    Nice ad hominem, *******.

I couldn't take any pictures because my camera was downstairs and my battery was charging. I left the room so I could take a screenshot of the Octoling in the plaza and upload it to Miiverse. What I didn't know was that the plaza couldn't handle the Octoling (or the Hydra Splatling), and froze up completely. I had to hold the power button down for like 4 seconds to turn the Wii U off. When I rebooted the game, it froze up at the title screen. So I tried this process again. Same thing. So I went to check my Recently Played List and all it had were people I played around 1 AM the night before.

14. Heroine of Squids

Heroine of Squids Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    bellpendant
    I'm still hoping Nintendo will be aware of this hacker issue. I wouldn't be too surprised they'll actually ignore this problem altogether. They're not exactly all that reliable nowadays if something like the Amiibo situation is anything to go by. :/

15. Lonely_Dolphin

NNID:
    Einsam_Delphin
    Nice, the case is pretty much closed now! You gotta admit though, it's pretty amazing how widespread it became in such little time. Squidboards, Youtube, Reddit, Twitch, Miiverse and more all affected! Just one little lie from one user causing this much ruckus is an impressive feat indeed. Still, he did **** with the entire Splatoon community, and I'm not sure that's a laughing matter.

16. Agosta44

Agosta44 Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    Agosta
    It would be ad hominem but there's no argument. You have no proof. People believed you but there's no substance. As pointed out by another user your list is updated after your play session.

I looked you up because i recognized your username from Gamefaqs. Your account is in purgatory. I think that speaks for itself.

17. Brunosky_Inc

NNID:
    Brunosky_Inc
    Inventory issues that involve working with a third-party, with all the contracts and legalese involved, are not the same as fixing an in-house issue regarding the product they work with.

18. GeneraLight

NNID:
    GeneraLight
    You're an idiot. Keep living in denial.

19. Lonely_Dolphin

NNID:
    Einsam_Delphin
    Nope, Splatoon's save file obviously has nothing to do with the users met list, nice try though.

20. GeneraLight

NNID:
    GeneraLight
    You're right. I have no proof. Its up to you if you want to believe it or not. I have nothing to gain by lying, and was genuinely concerned, so I informed Squidboards about my issue. I'm not the only person this has happened to either. The other guy even has video testimony showing this is possible. Yet you dismiss it for some reason. Despite what my earlier post said, I didn't check my Friends List until after my game was freezing.