1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

Just met a hacker online who used Octoling and Hydra Splatling

Discussion in 'Regular Discussion' started by GeneraLight, Sep 28, 2015.

1. GeneraLight

GeneraLight Inkling Commander

NNID:
    GeneraLight
    Obviously nothing I say will penetrate your stubborn thick skull, so I'm done arguing with you. Have a nice day.

2. Lonely_Dolphin

Lonely_Dolphin Lord of the Squids

NNID:
    Einsam_Delphin
    Insults huh? Probably not the best way to cover your ***.

3. Lonely_Dolphin

NNID:
    Einsam_Delphin
    We already went over that video so not sure why you think bringing it up again will do you any good. As said before, what it proves is that Octolings can be used online and getting an Octoling in your Plaza will lock you out, but it does not prove there's another hacker out there playing with Octolings online and that you encountered them.

Well duh, all you're saying are baseless claims and lies. We have no reasons to listen to you, only reasons not to.

4. aceofscarabs

aceofscarabs Inkling Fleet Admiral

Hacker's NNID or it didn't happen.

5. wildface1010

wildface1010 Inkling

Whether it's true or not, it has became a pretty popular topic now. I've played Splatoon today, and literally 2/3 of the MiiVerse posts mentions the Octoling hack will freeze game files. It's easy to prevent too, just NOT quit the lobby and it'll be okay. Switching mode for a while should do it(?) ,but I'm not sure how many innocent players got their files locked.
    Hey, we should prevent it still, just in case.

6. Lonely_Dolphin

NNID:
    Einsam_Delphin
    Exactly 0 players got their files locked. The only thing that we need to prevent are less people playing the game out of fear from a nonexistent hacker.

7. wildface1010

wildface1010 Inkling

I don't think GeneralLight wants to troll us all. Octoling hack can be done easily and can be used on Online Matches, shown in Nikki's videos playing as Octoling in private matches, which is not considered the result of a local multiplayer. So that supports that all of this IS possible.
    So exactly how can you tell there are really 0 players who got their files soft-locked?

8. jackabee

jackabee Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    Jackabee24
    o_o hooooly flipflops, this place got crazy while I was asleep

Toaster likes this.
  9. Lonely_Dolphin

NNID:
    Einsam_Delphin
    Hmm, you only joined yesterday, only 5 messages, all in this thread, and you're supporting the proven liar who knowingly caused a ton of chaos. Dem some red flags there, but eh I'll still respond to your post seriously. :)

Firstly there's no proof. So many claiming to have met this hacker, yet not one can provide an ounce of truth? Life just isn't that convenient. Secondly we now know the source was lying, thus everything stemming from it is aswell. No one was saying anything about octo-hacks until this thread.

It doesn't matter what his initial intentions were, damage is damage, and the damage has been done while he just looked on. Anything that stops people from playing is a huge detriment to the community. Once people started saying they weren't gonna Splatoon anymore he knew it had gone way too far at that point and shoulda came out with the truth and stopped this, but nope, even now he continues the charade. He may or may not have wanted to affect people negatively at the beginning, but now that's all he's doing.

Brunosky_Inc and viellain like this.
  10. Demiose

Demiose Inky Surprise

NNID:
    iEndzone
    This thread is the definition of an overreaction.

Toaster, Brunosky_Inc and viellain like this.
  11. GeneraLight

NNID:
    GeneraLight
    I honestly don't know if you're trolling or genuinely stupid. Hopefully its the former.

12. wildface1010

wildface1010 Inkling

First of all, yes, I'm joining Squidboards yesterday, but that doesn't mean I just heard and is viewing this thing yesterday. I signed up just to join the discussion ;) I found the message on Tumblr days before I joined in.
    Second of all, you shouldn't go around and say "ehhhh it's not true" because he has no prove. You seriously should not purely rely on proves in your life. So if that's so, prove us how the hack WON'T affect people's game files. If you are here to deny someone's message and you want all of us to do the same you should give us a prove plus reason.
    I am not trying to debate but I think if you would like to stop the chaos should give it a reasonable end.

13. aceofscarabs

NNIDs or it didn't happen.

viellain likes this.
  14. Lonely_Dolphin

NNID:
    Einsam_Delphin
    Oh and as for warning us about hacks online, that's firstly not necessary as no hacker would be dumb enough to try that since they'll be banned almost instantly. Even NWPlayer who's a good hacker and didn't even use hacks online with randoms still got her youtube channel wrecked by Nintendo.

Secondly his way of doing it was terrible as we've already seen. The obvious problem is that while a real hacker threat can be resolved quickly, you can't ban a fake hacker. This means it's a prolonged unresolvable threat, so naturally the fear n hysteria can only build.

If he really wanted to make sure we all knew what to do in the extremely off chance we meet a hacker online, he woulda just used that video of NWPlayer and that video alone as his source, no "I met a hacker!" nonsense just to make the topic more interesting.

15. MissingNumbers

MissingNumbers Inkling Commander

NNID:
    MissingN
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-4262-2166-2532
    On both the "hear me out" and the "lies and slander" sides, if you ask me.

16. dapperlace

dapperlace Pro Squid

Wow, this thread went downhill fast.

I keep seeing things like this popping up:
    [​IMG]
    People can take it how they will.

In terms of saying that a hacker is "too smart" to go around doing this, sure, some may be, but not all of them. Never underestimate someone's willingness to show off things that they have managed to get, that others can't use yet. People who are smart enough to properly rob a bank are sometimes stupid enough to brag about it later on social media (and then they get caught), so I wouldn't base a case solely on the "too smart to do a thing because they can do this other thing".

NWPlayer's video and the other person's video during the playable Octoling thing noted that playing as an Octoling, could, in fact, prevent the other player from loading the game, but that video's been taken down with the channel, so I can't link directly. I believe Nikki has an account here as well? So maybe she can say something on the matter.

17. aceofscarabs

She only octolings on private matches.

18. Lonely_Dolphin

NNID:
    Einsam_Delphin
    Erm, wtf? Proof doesn't matter? Okay. *Shoots a random guy* "Wildface did it." :)

Anywho I already proved he's lying on previous page and never said your save can't be locked up, only that it wont be because hackers don't use their hacks online, haven't for over four months and aren't gonna start randomly doing so now.

19. Agosta44

Agosta44 Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    Agosta
    As shown by your post, majority of Miiverse posters are aware of a "hacker". This game has a low population. If everyone is on the lookout for said hacker, don't you think this majestic unicorn would've been seen by others by now? Especially the 6 other players from the OPs original room? This game is HUGE in Japan. The Japanese community is giant in comparison to ours (both competitive and on social media). There would have been proof posted already if there was one running around. It's a troll thread that got blown out of proportion.

https://www.storyarts.org/library/aesops/stories/boy.html

Demiose likes this.
  20. GeneraLight

NNID:
    GeneraLight
    You didn't prove anything. I never said or even implied that the NNIDs on a Recently Played List were stored on save files. That's just non-sensible. And you seriously need to speak for yourself and not on the behalf of hackers AND the community based on ignorant and uninformed opinions.