1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

Just met a hacker online who used Octoling and Hydra Splatling

Discussion in 'Regular Discussion' started by GeneraLight, Sep 28, 2015.

1. GamePadSophia

GamePadSophia Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    clankfandom100
    This is insane.

2. Brunosky_Inc

Brunosky_Inc 57% Squid Kid / 43% Hipster

NNID:
    Brunosky_Inc
    Raise your hand whoever didn't see the general population messing things up with another stupid witch hunt.

...I supposed so.

The burden of proof in on OP here, and even in case they are telling the truth, their reactions here have been nothing if not incriminating.

Demiose likes this.
  3. Lester Roquefort

Lester Roquefort Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    LesterRoquefort
    I dunno, i'd freak out too if it randomly happened to me and i didn't know about it.

Also, people don't take pictures of their houses being robbed, they call the police.

To use another example...

#283 Lester Roquefort, Oct 1, 2015
    Lasted edited by : Oct 1, 2015
    GeneraLight likes this.
  4. Brunosky_Inc

NNID:
    Brunosky_Inc
    Sure thing I would be freaked out at first, but when after this long of a time we haven't even gotten a single piece of solid proof about this hacker and softlock issue from them, or anyone else for that matter...

It's not like the game should have un-softlocked on its own at this point. If it had this would be a big non-issue. We should have seen some kind of proof. And before anyone says "They might not have a recording device"

[​IMG]

Demiose likes this.
  5. Lester Roquefort

NNID:
    LesterRoquefort
    i've seen a few people in the plaza post about seeing one. Maybe they successfully saved themselves?

Still not touching it, i don't want to be a statistic.

6. Brunosky_Inc

NNID:
    Brunosky_Inc
    Sure, and I have a PhD in particle physics. I wrote it on the internet, so it must be true.

7. Silxer

Silxer Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    Dan1771
    I was not aware of that until now, but I don't feel surprised that people will react that way... and its probably just going to continue to get worse until something gets done about this whole thing.

8. Demiose

Demiose Inky Surprise

NNID:
    iEndzone
    The fact that some innocent person got banned really pisses me off. All in all I think that the fact that OP saw an octoling is a lie made for attention and to stir people up. There have been so many ways in which OP could've provided proof. But no. None. And we as the readers don't have to disprove this.

I'm seeing a bunch of people go "Well, uh - you can't prove that didnt happen!" And I really can't explain to you how retarded that is. the burden of proof - as Brunosky said - in on OP

OP could've:
    • Took an ingame screenshot, because that would be more important than winning the game at that point
    • Took a screenshot of the players name in the lobby
    • Showed video proof of the game being soft locked, but whoah! "The game fixed itself so I can't!" If that's true then what the hell is the worry about seeing octolings online in the first place. ALL PANIC WOULD BE OVER NOTHING THEN
    • Looked at the players name in recently played with - But oopsie! The recently played with list got deleted!
    There were seven other people playing in the same lobby. Most likely way more since the hacker played many games. Why has nobody else online provided any evidence, AT ALL

And now you got an innocent player banned. Nice job everyone!

9. Lester Roquefort

NNID:
    LesterRoquefort
    Well, call me a fool if you want, i'm waiting for convincing proof that it didn't happen on the news page.

10. ShinyGirafarig

ShinyGirafarig Inkling Commander

NNID:
    ShinyGirafarig
    But they may take pictures of the aftermath for proof. Like what my parents did when the tree wrecked their car during Hurricane Sandy.

Demiose likes this.
  11. Marmalade

Marmalade Full Squid

NNID:
    Marmalade
    I think it is absolutely silly to say OP should have had a camera next to them while this random encounter happened. I for one, don't even have a camera, and while I do have a cellphone which I can take pictures with, not even that is always next to me.

Sometimes, I even want to take pictures of the results screen in Splatoon with my cellphone, but can't even manage to do that sometimes, because you don't have that much time.
    So, if I were in a match with an Octoling I would be so surprised and baffled I would totally forget to even take a screen (that is, if my cell would even be close to me).

Either way, I don't think the OP is lying. Seeing as he mentioned that his game freezes after encountering the Octoling, which NWPlayer confirmed actually can happen. So, I really don't see how OP could have made that up.
    I don't think it is fair to treat OP that way, just because they wanted to warn others. Of course it isn't good that somebody got falsely accused, but that wasn't the fault of OP alone.

12. Demiose

Demiose Inky Surprise

NNID:
    iEndzone
    If you're worried, then I wont judge you since this is what happens when people make stuff up like this, but shouldn't making a backup save - in the case that this is real - protect you?

13. Lester Roquefort

NNID:
    LesterRoquefort
    Based on what other people are saying, i'm not entirely sure. Some even said that it wouldn't erase the plaza.

14. Demiose

Demiose Inky Surprise

NNID:
    iEndzone
    Yes but why not take a video about how the game crashes on startup. Apparently it fixed itself SOMEHOW? That makes no sense. If it does fix itself then there is literally no problem for octolings to be online. Then you couldve taken a pic in the recently played with list, but apparently it got wiped? Bullshit.

15. GeneraLight

GeneraLight Inkling Commander

NNID:
    GeneraLight
    That's a serious allegation. I cannot believe how disgusting you people are acting. I just wanted to warn everyone, but I guess it doesn't ****ing matter if I didn't get any proof.

Well I didn't. Are you going to shoot me?
    HURRRR THE GAME FREEZES IN THE LOBBY

What the **** am I supposed to do? Undelete it? Christ

16. Lester Roquefort

NNID:
    LesterRoquefort
    So we're at half true and half hoax.

17. Brunosky_Inc

NNID:
    Brunosky_Inc
    Of course they wouldn't have one next to them immediately, but the game was then softlocked. Getting proof of that is not a race against the clock. Besides, at least 6 other people should have played with this hacker, and no one else has complained about the game freezing on them with solid proof, even after this whole issue became known.

Not helping your case there with those kinds of reactions.

Demiose likes this.
  18. Demiose

Demiose Inky Surprise

NNID:
    iEndzone
    What's pissing me off is how some random guy got his whole account destroyed because of a witch hunt which was caused by this thread.

There was no reason why you couldnt take a vid of the game softlocking. The softlocking should stay like that until a splatfest. How come it just worked again? This just seems like a way to get away from being able to provide proof.

If there's no proof when dozens of people may have experienced it online, I won't believe it. Sorry

Brunosky_Inc likes this.
  19. Lester Roquefort

NNID:
    LesterRoquefort
    Replacing the save fixes it, no?

20. Lester Roquefort

NNID:
    LesterRoquefort
    And the list only goes so far, i checked myself.