1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

Just met a hacker online who used Octoling and Hydra Splatling

Discussion in 'Regular Discussion' started by GeneraLight, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Brunosky_Inc

Brunosky_Inc 57% Squid Kid / 43% Hipster

NNID:
    Brunosky_Inc
    I'm usually squarer than Spongebob's pants, but I do what I can.
    Because he was making it up, and it just so happened to turn out true. But in our tale, that wolf would be turned into a vaguely visible pink mist the moment it showed its face. If it ever showed its face.

#321 Brunosky_Inc, Oct 1, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
  2. GamePadSophia

GamePadSophia Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    clankfandom100
    Now i'm not sure if i believe you or not....

3. blu

blu Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    blu_64
    Just found out about this via nintendoworldreport. Are the hackers that are soft-locking currently just Octolings?

4. Brunosky_Inc

NNID:
    Brunosky_Inc
    Supposedly, yes. However, we have found out a lot of things off about the original report, which combined with a lack of any sort of solid proof coming from anyone, on a topic that has spreaded as much as this has no less, has lead us to believe this whole issue might just be a bunch of hot air.

5. Kitty

Kitty Inkling

NNID:
    PrincessKitty101
    So K9 got reported. That aside, an other account with the same name has surfaced on Miiverse. Except, its not new and their last post was 8/23/15 and this Mii appears to be male. If you ask me, its an attention ***** or fan boy. That aside, this is just an update on any news regarding K9.

Also, if this is just a huge hoax, its not funny. People are freaking out about losing their save files, wasting their time backing things up and refusing to play. So if anyone runs into this Octoling, please have your smart phone lying around and take a picture. And if you play more than 3 matches with the hacker, try to remember the name.

I also found these questions on Reddit. The first one was said to be answered, but I'm not familiar with the way Reddit works, so I couldn't find the answers. If anyone knows the answers to these, then feel free to respond because I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering any of this.

1. "I was talking to some people from a Splatoon discord group and they mentioned using their alternative accounts because they were too lazy to back up their files at the moment. However, I just backed up my save for both my accounts and they use the same file. Does that mean using an alt could softlock both accounts or just the one that encountered the Octoling?"

2. "So, what happens if you pull the cord during a match?"

6. blu

blu Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    blu_64
    I see. I'll keep an eye out for some evidence, but I still think its possible. I'll stay mostly offline but will continue to play splatoon.

7. Brunosky_Inc

NNID:
    Brunosky_Inc
    Please do. At any rate, I still created myself a backup save file in case this turns out to be true, and I'll play with my phone on the ready.

8. Lester Roquefort

Lester Roquefort Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    LesterRoquefort
    Good to know we have "Soldiers" at the ready. Especially one that actually understands my obscure metaphors.

-Attempts to add Brunosky_Inc to his Wii U list-

9. jackabee

jackabee Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    Jackabee24
    Will definitely be playing with phone at the ready if I can get on anytime soon. Seeing as my area's scheduled to be hammered with storms this weekend, I can't promise much, but I am all for being on the lookout.

10. Topazrekerboy

Topazrekerboy Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    janspinoy
    Ok #1: wow this place blew up while I was at school.

#2: I talked to my friend and he said he was joking the whole time (I am not talking to him for the rest of the week because THIS is not a joke. -.-)

#3: I feel so bad for this K(A bunch of random numbers and a B at the end) because his account is locked or whatever thanks to Octoling Propaganda, conspiracys and lies.

#4: for all of those who are lurking on this thread, it is ok to get back on Splatoon. For all we know, this "Octoling Hacker" doesn't exist. So go ahead and have your fun.

#5: If (and that's a big if) you see the hacker, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE I'm begging you here GRAB SOME EVIDENCE FOR THE ZAPFISH'S SAKE! (Sorry for caps)

#6: If you people claim to have seen him, go ahead and belive. I won't stop you.

Good day.

ShinyTogetic likes this.
  11. Lester Roquefort

Lester Roquefort Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    LesterRoquefort
    -turns to the 54 guests-

Though, if you want to play it safe, like i am, go ahead. Personally, i'm avoiding it because there's no possible way i can see myself "staying in the match" long enough because of my deplorable connection... and the fact that i have anger issues with games.

If you have your ducks in line, though, i would go ahead and keep playing. Just keep a spare save handy in case it's true and it actually happens to you.

12. Lord of Boxes

Lord of Boxes Inkling

NNID:
    LordOfBoxes
    Holy hell no need to be such a jerk.

13. theTANCO

theTANCO Inkling

NNID:
    theTANCO
    I want to give my two cents, and I'm probably stating the obvious here:
    It doesn't matter if this "K" person is the culprit or not. It doesn't matter if this whole thing is just a hoax or not. The biggest mistake made here was throwing out a name without having any evidence.

Whether this is fake or not, it's going to hurt Nintendo's profits and hurt Splatoon in general, bringing less people in to buy and play the game and potentially ruin the future of the game. Not only that, but this hurts that "K" person directly because everyone may have just attacked an innocent person who wanted nothing more than to have a good time playing an amazing game.

If this is fake, all of the above is true and it just raised a whole bunch of panic and paranoia for nothing.

If it's not fake, the above is still true, but at least we could try to find REAL evidence of the REAL culprit and report them so that Nintendo could ban them, but we didn't do that and a potentially innocent person is taking the fall while the real culprit may still be out there.

The only bright side to this is that it has encouraged people to take precautions for errors or attacks as a result of hacking in the future.

P.S.: Just some friendly advice; Instead of getting defensive and arguing with someone and insulting them about whether or not they should believe your story, try to find some physical evidence that turns your story into reality. Getting defensive and saying that someone is stupid because they don't want to believe your baseless story only makes you look that way, and like a liar, and attention thirsty, and like a cry baby. If you tell a story that you want people to believe, it's your responsibility to convince them to believe you, not theirs to believe you regardless.

14. GeneraLight

GeneraLight Inkling Commander

NNID:
    GeneraLight
    My biggest regret right now is not taking a picture of the match and the results screen. I am kicking myself for being so stupid. I figured that if I stayed and he left, he'd be gone from my plaza and I wouldn't be able to get a pic from him in a match. I just assumed that I could upload a screenshot of the Octoling in the plaza to Miiverse

#334 GeneraLight, Oct 1, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
  15. PrinceOfKoopas

PrinceOfKoopas Inkling Commander

NNID:
    PrinceOfKoopas
    Splatoon won't let you hit Home while playing online match.

That said, it's absolutely horrible that innocent Chilean Mii got banned. :(
    ...even if their Yeah patterns are weird.

16. Jazy

Jazy Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    Paziiruu
    Just joined to pop into this discussion~

I heard about this from Etika World Network and later google searched to find a Tumblr post about the "alleged" hacker, which pissed me off. It pissed me off cause they had NO PROOF to provide they were the hacker or even past tumblr posts providing their claim. The tumblr user who made the post that spread this whole k9 thing, now deleted the post, explained to me how they heard about it.

[​IMG]

It reeeeally sucks that k9 got banned on miiverse for no reason other then reports Nintendo took at face value. It's a shame that people on miiverse still think k9 is the hacker.

17. alexmario98

alexmario98 Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    alexmario98
    Fake or real it's better to contact Nintendo about this

The greater we send the message then they can get their professionals to fix this

Octoling or no octoling this is a sign that people that are doing this for no reason (Nikki being complete innocent to everyone else in the public and too kind to do something like this) that Splatoon in general is getting hacked and eventually it will grow and grow

Come on people ever thought of that

18. Jazy

Jazy Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    Paziiruu
    After watching the video from what Etika described this, the first thought that came to my mind was this.

"How come the player who found the hacker didn't go the friends list and the check the recently played users? Wouldn't that been easy to find out who this hacker is? It does it for everyone and i don't think the Wii U would reset it if you back up a save for a game."

Demiose likes this.
  19. Zombie Aladdin

Zombie Aladdin Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    Overhazard
    Also, the fact that the Americas are the ONLY region with an amiibo supply problem indicates the problem lies not with Nintendo in Japan, but either Nintendo of America or the American manufacturer of amiibo.

Yeah, I think I'll make a post onto Miiverse to tell people to calm down and that this whole incident was a false alarm. Hopefully, that'll get people to look at it more carefully.

I'll still keep an eye out for any such hackers though, on the off chance there is at least one out there. Also, even if this original story is a hoax, there could be someone out there who will actually try it. I mean, Benjamin Franklin never did that kite-in-the-thunderstorm experiment (he was smart enough not to risk dying, after all), but rumors spread that he did, and other people actually tried it (and most died in the process).

20. Jazy

Jazy Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    Paziiruu
    If you do that, your post will be removed for "violating miiverse rules". I tried making a post similar to what you're doing as well as another person i found on tumblr and our posts got deleted by miiverse staff. The other person was defending k9 and they got their post removed. Hell, i was in a discussion with someone on miiverse about the octoling hacker and their post and my responses got removed as well! Along with a warning from Miiverse saying i broke the rules!! :confused:

Trust me, it's not even worth the effort lol.