• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Just started making Splatoon YouTube videos. Constructive criticism much appreciated!

PolygonGeorge

Inkster Jr.
Hey there Squids! I've recently taken it upon myself to start learning the Adobe suite of software applications to hopefully help me in life at some point down the line. I thought the best way to go about learning was to make myself a little project. So I started my YouTube Channel to motivate me to make a video every week:

Polygon George (that's me!) - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1IxuDO6boU_93cw-L9eR0A

It won't be Splatoon exclusive, but for two of my first videos I've done some quite heavily edited Splatoon Let's Plays where the aim is to acheive S+ Rank:

Splatoon | Let's Play Ranked Battle #1 | Part 1 - The Road to S+

Splatoon | Let's Play Ranked Battle #1 | Part 2 - The Road to S+

Anyway, the reason I post is:
A) To let people know it's out there, and I thought who better than the lovely people on Squidboards! And
B) To ask people how they find the format with the edits and whatnot? Is it easy to follow? Fast paced enough? Too fast? Appreciate any feedback anyone friendly could give me, whether it is good or bad. I want to make it an enjoyable series so any opinions are welcome please.

Look forwards to people's responses. Thanks! (BTW sorry if this is in the wrong section of the forum I didn't know where to put it... please don't hurt me.)

Edit: Spellings! And thanks whoever moved me ;)

Last edited:

PolygonGeorge

Inkster Jr.
Episode two is out in case anyone is interested. In this one we take a look at the new Mahi-Mahi map and I realise that I definitely should have played it before recording. Ah well...

Mahi-Mahi Resort Gameplay | Splatoon | Let's Play Ranked Battle #2 - The Road To S+

VideoGameVirtuoso

Pro Squid
NNID
ExtremeTechPro
Your second episode is quite enjoyable, thank you for taking my suggestion into account George :)

Now that you talk about your mistakes, it would probably be a good idea to share what objective or goals you have during the match. For example, what role you are playing in regards to your teammates, or why certain scenarios you approach while others you play defensively.

PolygonGeorge

Inkster Jr.
Your second episode is quite enjoyable, thank you for taking my suggestion into account George :)

Now that you talk about your mistakes, it would probably be a good idea to share what objective or goals you have during the match. For example, what role you are playing in regards to your teammates, or why certain scenarios you approach while others you play defensively.
Hah thanks mate. I was about to message you this morning as well saying you were in it! You're on the ball :P. And now you'll probably be in the next one.

I'll have no chance getting to S+ at this rate with all the things I have to remember to say! :D

VideoGameVirtuoso

Pro Squid
NNID
ExtremeTechPro
Hah thanks mate. I was about to message you this morning as well saying you were in it! You're on the ball :p. And now you'll probably be in the next one.

I'll have no chance getting to S+ at this rate with all the things I have to remember to say! :D
I can help you climb up to the top of A+ if you are willing to squad up together. How does that sound George?

PolygonGeorge

Inkster Jr.
I can help you climb up to the top of A+ if you are willing to squad up together. How does that sound George?
Thanks mate! Will definitely keep you in mind. I feel like I wouldn't be deserving the rank if someone carried me up there.... But, we'll see how desperate I get haha.

Squadding up would make for a good episode, too ;).

VideoGameVirtuoso

Pro Squid
NNID
ExtremeTechPro
Are you just doing this once a week because of schedule constraints, or because you want consistency with your video releases?

Jocarifeta

Inkling
NNID
diazproduction
Hi there PolygonGeorge!

I really liked your videos (you earned yourself a new subscriber :) ), you have a very good voice and are also really enjoyable to hear. The editing is quite nice as well (even though sometimes you do very abrupt cuts here and there).

Anyway, I look forward to see more content from you and, if you want to add me as a friend so that we can play together, my NIND is diazproduction. I am not a top notch player by any means but I'm already S+ and like a lot to play in squads :)

PolygonGeorge

Inkster Jr.
Are you just doing this once a week because of schedule constraints, or because you want consistency with your video releases?
Bit of both really. It is quite time consuming editing them down but I also do enjoy it. I aim to do at least one by every Monday each week. But sometimes I'll have two out (for instance this week I'll probably fit in two).

Why do you ask?
Oh and what's your NNID BTW? Ill give you an add when I get on.

PolygonGeorge

Inkster Jr.
Hi there PolygonGeorge!

I really liked your videos (you earned yourself a new subscriber :) ), you have a very good voice and are also really enjoyable to hear. The editing is quite nice as well (even though sometimes you do very abrupt cuts here and there).

Anyway, I look forward to see more content from you and, if you want to add me as a friend so that we can play together, my NIND is diazproduction. I am not a top notch player by any means but I'm already S+ and like a lot to play in squads :)
Hi there PolygonGeorge!

Thanks mate I really appreciate you giving them a watch. I will bear what you say about the abrupt cuts in mind too, its something I've been conscious about as I'm still learning.

I'll make sure to add you whenever I wake up (yes, I'm talking to you from the depths of sleep currently haha)

VideoGameVirtuoso

Pro Squid
NNID
ExtremeTechPro
Bit of both really. It is quite time consuming editing them down but I also do enjoy it. I aim to do at least one by every Monday each week. But sometimes I'll have two out (for instance this week I'll probably fit in two).

Why do you ask?
Oh and what's your NNID BTW? Ill give you an add when I get on.
Well, I was wondering if you would be able to send out more videos with your commentary. I enjoy hearing you realize how your actions impact the flow of the game, and ultimately the results that follow.

My NNID is ExtremeTechPro.

Jocarifeta

Inkling
NNID
diazproduction
Thanks mate I really appreciate you giving them a watch. I will bear what you say about the abrupt cuts in mind too, its something I've been conscious about as I'm still learning.

I'll make sure to add you whenever I wake up (yes, I'm talking to you from the depths of sleep currently haha)
You are welcome and thanks for adding me! I won't be able to use my Wii U for the next two weeks, though, so I'll take at least that much to add you back... But I'll keep watching your videos and maybe until there you get to be S+ :D

PolygonGeorge

Inkster Jr.
You are welcome and thanks for adding me! I won't be able to use my Wii U for the next two weeks, though, so I'll take at least that much to add you back... But I'll keep watching your videos and maybe until there you get to be S+ :D
Just recorded it.... This will be a good one haha.

Edit: Sorry, I meant to reply to VGV but hey... now you know at least :P

PolygonGeorge

Inkster Jr.
Next episode is up! In this one, we play some Tower Control using the Blaster and actually do rather well. Yes, I get into this one way too much, again. I think I just really want to get back up to S rank. Haha. I actually got carried away and played for a little bit too long. Plus in this one i didn't edit it as much as I felt like the content was more decent than usual. Anyway, long story short, it's been cut into two parts to save it being close to 30 mins. But, I'll probably put part 2 up in a couple of days.

Enjoy. :)

Cleaning Up In Tower Control | Splatoon | Let's Play Ranked Battle #4 Part 1 - Road to S+

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom