• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

King of The Valley [Jan 9th] [Reg Ends Jan 7th]

Rainmaker?

• Yes

Votes: 20 37.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • Yes (w/ Certain Maps Banned)

Votes: 27 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pixelatedcody

[S+99] Octoshot {AKA Pixel]
NNID
cncody

[EDIT: Teams entering send me a transparent .png of your team's logo on discord!]

January 9th 2016 6 PM CET / 12 PM EST / 9 AM PST
(1-Day Event)
-Registration Closes Jan 7th 2016 @ 10pm EST-

Teams Registered 32/32
Introduction
Hey Squids,Kids,Octolings,Inklings!

Welcome to King of the Valley! An Octo-Themed 1-Day Tourney Starting Next Year!

TIME AND DATE

Jan 9th, 2016 6 PM CET / 12 PM EST / 9 AM PST

Registration
Open Click Link below.

ENDS JAN 7th 2016

FORMAT
Round Robin,
16 to 23 entries (minimum) → Top 8 cut
24 to 31 entries → Top 12 cut

Seeding
Seeding will be based off the Monthly Rankings by @BestTeaMaker Seen: here

Maps and Modes
The tournament will use Halo style rotation.
Maps and modes will be randomized, view the ruleset for more info.

For the full low-down Click the Rule-set below.

Discord will be the Tournament's MAIN form of communication, so click the image below.

CHALLONGE LINK HERE

Thanks to @Njok for letting me use his Messitval! Ruleset!
Also Maps Won't be banned, and Rainmaker is in.

Last edited:

Silver

Speedrunning Inkling
NNID
MHFsilver
I say Rainmaker should be in but you should ban stages like Skatepark as matches there can end 10 seconds and they don't make for interesting matches. Also maybe Rig since those can also end quickly due to the Rainmaker's neutral position.

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
I say Rainmaker should be in but you should ban stages like Skatepark as matches there can end 10 seconds and they don't make for interesting matches. Also maybe Rig since those can also end quickly due to the Rainmaker's neutral position.
I agree with this statement.

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword
I'm indifferent to what you wanna do with RM.

So long as the tourney doesn't line up with an SCL one, I can offer my help as a TO. The next SCL one will be the weekend after this weekend and continue from their every two weeks. just let me know if you're interested in me TOing and you don't think the timeframes will mishmash

Njok

Bouncer
Question, does this mean you are only allowing the top 16 teams to play in the tournament or am i understanding that wrong? If yes, how are the top 16 teams decided?

I'm asking because i was considering the next edition of Messtival! at the same date.

Oh also, we have a TO section on the Splatoon discord server, you might find the help you are looking for there :) (Fightersword is there as well for example)

pixelatedcody

NNID
cncody
"If yes, how are the top 16 teams decided?"- I'm still working on this. (perhaps power rankings?) the idea was brought forth by a few people from the lounge.

Again this tournament is basically one big experiment. I'll update with more information at the end of the month once I gather ideas, suggestions and the sort.

Last edited:

BarneyLTD

Inkling
NNID
BunnaB
Why is rainmaker being considered banned? If a game ends quick then people have rushed in and not anticipated the push attack - which is the case for all maps.
I'm not trying to start a debate lol - i just trying to understand

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword
Why is rainmaker being considered banned? If a game ends quick then people have rushed in and not anticipated the push attack - which is the case for all maps.
I'm not trying to start a debate lol - i just trying to understand
From what I understand they're just testing it out without RM. It's not like he expects it to become the norm.

Most tourneys do run it less anyway because it's generally less liked. While I do prefer it gets run some, testing out tourneys without RM is certainly not something I'd turn my nose at, even though I wouldn't do it myself with my tourneys.

I agree with your assessment of RM, I just don't think he's asking about removing it due to any 'uncompetitiveness' it has, and is simply doing it because most people like it less than the others and he feels this should be tried. If it turns out to make the tourney more dull then we all learn from it. Plus he is asking for a poll, where the overwhelming response is yes (and some with certain maps banned). I feel that's reasonable. If he's using Halo style he'd be able to not present certain RM maps and you wouldn't know if it was on purpose or RNG.

pixelatedcody

NNID
cncody
Registration is open! in a week I'll be releasing a fun video, explaining some details. :)

pixelatedcody

NNID
cncody
OP has been updated!

EDIT: A video for the tourney explaining stuff and showcasing stuff will be out sometime this week.

Last edited:

Gi.

Senior Squid
NNID
OldboyNin
Wait...so not any team can join this tournament? That's what I'm understanding from the comments above.

pixelatedcody

NNID
cncody
What? no any team can join. Deadline for Registration is Jan 7th @ 10pm EST.

Silver

Speedrunning Inkling
NNID
MHFsilver
Wait...so not any team can join this tournament? That's what I'm understanding from the comments above.
You might be a little mixed up about the seeding thing. If your team is not a part of the Power Rankings, that doesn't mean you can't join. The seeding is just based off your team's placement on it. If your team is not on it, then your seeding might just be high.

Gi.

Senior Squid
NNID
OldboyNin
You might be a little mixed up about the seeding thing. If your team is not a part of the Power Rankings, that doesn't mean you can't join. The seeding is just based off your team's placement on it. If your team is not on it, then your seeding might just be high.
Thanks for the clarification!

jamesrcade

Senior Squid
NSTC signing up :D

may also sign up PTW in the next couple of days if we can enough players

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom