• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Krak-On Splat Roller: Analysis and Thoughts Thread

winner133

Full Squid
NNID
winner133
1. Opinions are different for everyone, -shrug-
2. Serpentine, aka Don't go in a straight line. and stay on the ground until you're close enough, same goes for bursting into it; might as well go at it when they're ballsy and Right in your face. There's always the Defense option, using it just like the Bubbler just instead abuse Swim Speed and get far away or even surprise them.
3. If I'm in Melee Range, outside of Last Resort swings, It'd be because I saw an Oppertunity for my team and jumped them or took them by surprise (ex; jumping from above or being a squid up until the swing and they don't have a Blaster lol)
4. Killer Wail is Great, and I love Suction Bombs, personal preferences, but the Krak-On is about what it does. Outside of having the Special on hand, knowing how to aim/manuver that roller is what will make it better in the long run. and hey, since I detest the beacon so much, I save a good amount of Ink that a Single Suction Bomb takes away. Altough I heavily advocate using the Kraken to get a Reversal or defense play, I've been guilty to turn into Kraken and go right at them, watch them run, and then go the other way doing something else.
5. When there is more adequate ways of team communication, I already have several spots picked out that don't get touched by ink often at all, and I'd be happy to use them. Currently, Beacon and Mine just drive me insane.

Valid points either way, but I stand by my Roller.
Tsunami-Kraken Drops are replay worthy imo. (run away, go up a wall, as they come near, drop off the wall as the Kraken. That Spiral~)
1. True, True....

2.That is a good strategy. I never seen anyone use the defensive option thought, Also do swim speed up really make the kraken go faster?

3.That's what getting in melee range of the roller is all about I guess (I don't really use rollers that much expect the dynamo roller and when I do I don't really have to engage in close combat...)

4. They are great special/subs and yes they are personal references. I do believe thought in the right hands the Kraken can be hard to be put down, Kraken are better at defense play since they can make someone leave the area and you can clean up afterwards. Thought offensive it what Krakens mostly use at least what I see.

5. I think team communication will make specials and subs better like splash walls or beacons. If I use a beacon I would like to put some to see if some teammates would teleport to them (If I'm playing with randoms) If not I would use them for my benefit or ignore them, and yeah I do think mines are one of the weaker subs.

You have valid points too, and that's fine I'm not trying to force you to switch. I just wouldn't say it's one of the best rollers. Also welcome to squidboards :)
Off topic: I do wish you can make splatoon matches into replays at the end of the match like in smash bros....

winner133

Full Squid
NNID
winner133
To stop the kraken, you need a high fire rate. Also, just because one guy on their team can do that, doesn't mean the other 3 can as well. The nerf really isn't all that.
Most weapons can do it well expect chargers. Plus you need a high fire rate if your close to it, If you have something like a splattershot pro or the squelchers and their not that close you can stop them dead in their tracks.

A nerf is a nerf, even if it isn't all out it's still debuffs something in someway.

ChiePet

Pro Squid
NNID
ChiePet
1. True, True....

2.That is a good strategy. I never seen anyone use the defensive option thought, Also do swim speed up really make the kraken go faster?

3.That's what getting in melee range of the roller is all about I guess (I don't really use rollers that much expect the dynamo roller and when I do I don't really have to engage in close combat...)

4. They are great special/subs and yes they are personal references. I do believe thought in the right hands the Kraken can be hard to be put down, Kraken are better at defense play since they can make someone leave the area and you can clean up afterwards. Thought offensive it what Krakens mostly use at least what I see.

5. I think team communication will make specials and subs better like splash walls or beacons. If I use a beacon I would like to put some to see if some teammates would teleport to them (If I'm playing with randoms) If not I would use them for my benefit or ignore them, and yeah I do think mines are one of the weaker subs.

You have valid points too, and that's fine I'm not trying to force you to switch. I just wouldn't say it's one of the best rollers. Also welcome to squidboards :)
Off topic: I do wish you can make splatoon matches into replays at the end of the match like in smash bros....
To be honest, I had high hopes for the Dynamo and especially the Carbon Rollers. I'm trying rreeeaaallyy hard to make Carbon work, but I just don't like that it'll need Damage Up to work anywhere near the level I'm used to. sigh
Also, Yes Swim Speed helps the Kraken, but not even hardly that of regular squids; Speciald Duration is better, because in reality the distance covered by either would be the same. (I reaaally wanna see the N-Zapper '89 already. it cant be worse than the '85.)

ChiePet

Pro Squid
NNID
ChiePet
I'll always be a Krak-On Brander, but I'm honestly incredibly stoked for the Octobrush. Fingers crossed it lives up to the KOSR's Legacy~

meleesplatter

Inkling Cadet
NNID
meleebrawler
What would You use to Maximize the Carbon.?
Increase swim speed or take some kind of stealth perk to make it easier to close in. Or take special charge ups and focus on coverage
so you can get lots of inkzookas. You've got options on how to optimize this weapon, but you need to be good at the element of surprise to be successful
with it in combat.

SkyBlue

Inkling Commander
What are some optimal builds for this weapon? I'm not 100% sure what all to build for gear wise and this thread hasn't been used since the nerf x.x

Spiderface

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Spiderface1992
What are some optimal builds for this weapon? I'm not 100% sure what all to build for gear wise and this thread hasn't been used since the nerf x.x
Well for me, swim speed is always a must just because time is so important in this game and superjumping is often dangerous. I tend to get splatted a lot as a roller so I like special saver or quick respawn. If you're a fan of using beakons, ink recovery up is very useful.

Hinichii.ez.™

Is Splatoon an E-Sport or just a meme?
CB, 2x Swim SPD(switch one to tenacity if solo), ink res, ink savor sub(switch to main if solo), s.dur up

Don't get ink rec unless you use at least two. Ink savor sub is better for this roller.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom