• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon 2 L-3 vs. L-3 D vs. H-3 vs. H-3 D vs. Squeezer (Semi Automatics Discussion)

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
I was interested what people thought was the best Semi-Automatic. And yes. Know the Squeezer is only half Semi-Automatic (Semi Semi?) but just talk about the whole weapon in general not just the Semi Automatic part.

In my opinion the Squeezer is the best, just because it has two firing modes, which means it can adapt to multiple situations. Even though each of the firing modes are worse than the weapons they are mainly based off of (the long range is like a .96 and Pro and the shooter range is like a Splash-o-matic) because it suffers from lower damage and less range, but it definitely is still usable.

RelicRaider

Pro Squid
NNID
RelicRaiderULTD
Switch Friend Code
SW-6136-3428-7995
I’m gonna be nit picky ahaha, but the weapons you’re describing are burst fire, as in they fire a distinct number of shots for every trigger pull.
Semi automatics fire one shot per trigger pull, like the Octo brush, and I guess technically blasters, but you can hold the trigger down so I guess not, and automatics you just hold the trigger.

With all that said, I have no idea where the squeezer fits, because it technically is an automatic, but it also fires a distinct number of rounds before it goes short range. I think I do have the correct term, and that is gimmick weapon, heheh.

Either way, the most used and arguably the best would be the L3, because it fulfils it’s role the best of all the weapons, being great mid range support, with good accuracy, movement speed and range for its class, whereas the H3 is often times just too tough to make work, but I will admit it is a fun weapon to work with and pretty rewarding in the long run.

But all of those weapons definitely require a lot of patience and practice but can be excellent aiming tools.

BlookyLeYoshi

Inkling
NNID
BlookySpooky
Switch Friend Code
SW-1841-4108-5905
This topic is hard for me because both of these weapons have good sets and are almost equally as good to me but just for the sake of it, I'd say the L-3 is better. The L-3 has a faster fire rate, faster speed and it seems to be more accurate and not to mention that the Curling Bomb/Baller L-3 is very good for Baller spamming. The L-3 D has Burst Bombs which fits extremely well because instead of landing your 3 hits after shooting, you can land only 2 at minimum to get a splat. The H-3s compared to the L-3s have a harder time killing because you need to be really accurate dur to it's sluggish fire rate although the H-3 has extremely good matchups (beats .96 Deco imo) but the L-3 reigns superior if you let these 2 duke it out in a 1v1.
If I was to talk about the Squeezer, it would be done for it, it's the worst out of the semis besides having a really good set.

Mightysplat

Inkster Jr.
This topic is hard for me because both of these weapons have good sets and are almost equally as good to me but just for the sake of it, I'd say the L-3 is better. The L-3 has a faster fire rate, faster speed and it seems to be more accurate and not to mention that the Curling Bomb/Baller L-3 is very good for Baller spamming. The L-3 D has Burst Bombs which fits extremely well because instead of landing your 3 hits after shooting, you can land only 2 at minimum to get a splat. The H-3s compared to the L-3s have a harder time killing because you need to be really accurate dur to it's sluggish fire rate although the H-3 has extremely good matchups (beats .96 Deco imo) but the L-3 reigns superior if you let these 2 duke it out in a 1v1.
If I was to talk about the Squeezer, it would be done for it, it's the worst out of the semis besides having a really good set.
I hate the squeezer's set. Probably just because I think splash walls are the worst subs.

Out of the rest I'd say it depends on the mode. The H-3D is pretty good in turf wars (it turfs better than the L-3 which leaves splotches) and it has a very good kit. For ranked, the L-3 is pretty good for clam blitz since it has baller and good mobility and the L-3D is good for Splat zones since it has burst bomb which can help cover the zone more quickly and get kills faster since burst bomb plus 2 shots kills (so you don't have to hit all 3 shots from a burst). I personally don't think any of them are very good for rainmaker (because they're terrible at shield popping.... although to be fair you can use their subs or in some cases specials to help pop the shields) or tower control (maybe it's just me but I find that trying to shoot people on the tower with these weapons is hard).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom