• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Lack of European players

What timezone best suits the time you play

• European timezone

• American timezone

• Asian timezone

• Australian timezone

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bouncerdude

Inkling
NNID
Bouncerdude
Is it just me is in the splatoon competitive scene is there a MAJOR lack of European clans/players? Sometimes I feel like I'm basically the only European playing the game. Don't get me wrong, I'd happily enough play with Americans (or any English speakers) but time zones make it near impossible for me to play with them. Is there some side to the community that I have missed, or is there barely any EU players playing this game at a high standard. If you have any thoughts of why there could be a lack of EU players please share your idea's with me, I'd be interested to know more.

Crimsoninkling

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
BramWildenberg
Fellow European here. Most of the time the lobby is me and seven japanese players.

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
Fellow European here. Most of the time the lobby is me and seven japanese players.
Yea, that's just our timezones though. I'm an American currently in Europe and that tends to be my lobby as well. Unless I'm up at 4-6 AM. It gets aggravating, the lag is just flat out atrocious during my play times.

Fish_Goes_Moo

Inkster Jr.
Don't play competitive, but just generally as a European player. I don't play anywhere near as much as I'd like. Constantly having to play with 250 or so ping (EU to Japan) because of Nintendo's awful matchmaking, gets old fast and I go play something else.

U N Nown

Inkster Jr.
I play late US evening hours and the matches are mostly me and seven Japanese players. I find it weird that there is often not a single Anglo player in sight. I cannot believe I am the only person awake in the US. "The Last Man On Earth".

Anyone who plays much with the Japanese knows there is an element of insanity in the act because they seemingly are paint slinging nuts. I suspicion at times some may resent an Anglo being on the playing field during their time because when you have level 50s on the team against level 20s and your team still loses you wonder. Or when the opposing team seems to converge on your character. I even had a team member once spend the entire match chasing me, getting in my face and spraying me in my own color, either because he/she/it resented my presence or was simply hoping to create a loss for our team.

Because I enjoy playing, and prefer using the close quarter rapid spray guns, I play as much as possible with those tools until the moon rises and the insanity begins, then I switch over too an E Liter and, win or lose, scoot around picking off as many as I possibly can while avoiding being splated. This accomplishes several things at once, i.e., continuing to be able to play in the strange matchup process Nintendo has rigged for this game, practice with the long shot chargers in otherwise no win matches because their are a lot of targets to splat and, in those instances where you know your team is deliberately dragging their , you do not have to have any sympathy for your team having lost.

i used to feel guilty when I first took up this practice then, I wised up, decided I had every right to be on the field during those times and that the idea of harassment was just as much fun as charging out there amidst the characters running around behind a roller or brush. Their are those that even resent those using chargers for the chargers sake. To those I say, too bad. Either learn to use aim and shoot tool or be splated, you get no sympathy. The satisfaction in picking you off and seeing a large count splat rate at the end of the match is much more gratifying than providing a shoulder to cry on.

So, while you may not find a lot of EU players in your playing times, make the most of what you've got, and have fun.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
Whenever I play prime time in the US, I still end up getting paired with Japanese players. So frustrating.

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
I honestly cannot tell who is European and who isn't. Mario Kart 8 shows who belongs to which country, and there's a very cosmopolitan assortment of names from seemingly every country. As both Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon use Mii names, I'd assume Splatoon is just as unpredictable about who belongs to what country (unless they have a lot of Japanese characters in their names).

There may be a lack of European players, or there may not be. Regardless, whenever I play, the Japanese people in my rooms are predominantly on about the same level as everyone else.

Pinko

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Pinkolol16
Technically I'm 'European' as the game would call it (I'm from Australia thus EU) and thanks to my timezone I get nothing but ****.

Claus

Full Squid
NNID
Bluevisionist
European here. whenever I play I get a whole load of Japanese players. I don't play in competetive clans because I'm insecure of my skills and I don't ever want to feel like the reason my team lost. Maybe one day I'd get into the scene, but who knows?

Marmalade

Full Squid
NNID
Marmalade
Also European here, and no matter which times I play, I always get paired with 7 japanese players.
Which gets old after a while, because playing against japanese players is so frustrating with all the lag.
How many times I have splatted someone, only to have the air keep shooting bullets at me and kills me because I wasn't expecting that.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
I'm never able to tell when someone is NA or EU in the lobby... And I really don't pay too much attention to what people are saying on here and on Facebook. o.O I have noticed that there are a lot of Splatoon videos online made by Europeans so there seems to be a lot of them around. :)

cybersquid

Senior Squid
Most of my mates from EU were taken by KfD, so it's really hard for me to find EU players that are interested to join my casual/semi-comp group! D:

If anyone's interested then PM cuz we're full of american and Canadian players hahahaha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom