• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Lack of Ink Saver (main) on Shoes?

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Is it me or is there a severe lack of shoes that have the Ink Saver (main) as their Main ability? So far I've only seen two shoes with it (one of which I own):

:shoes_shi000: and :shoes_sht001:

Are there any more that I don't know of/remember, or is this an actual endangered gear species? :scared:

KeebyKakes

Senior Squid
There is the one-star :shoes_sht002:and the three-star :shoes_bot003:. I have those two right now.
Those shoes have Ink Resistance Up :ability_inkresistance:, but LMG is talking about Ink Saver Main :ability_inksavermain:.

There are the Splash Mob shoes which have a 5x higher chance of getting Ink Saver Main as a sub.

ShinyTogetic

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Maikaru
Switch Friend Code
SW-3468-6485-0599
I know Power boots (squid amiibo exclusive) has it

Kaliafornia

Splatin' through Inkopolis with my woes....
NNID
Kaliafornia
Those shoes have Ink Resistance Up :ability_inkresistance:, but LMG is talking about Ink Saver Main :ability_inksavermain:.

There are the Splash Mob shoes which have a 5x higher chance of getting Ink Saver Main as a sub.
I have the strapping reds with 3x ink saver subs (better than 1 main), its only 1 star though so not really worth it to buy from anyone. Although it didnt take long to reroll for them.

xXDR.SWOOCEXx

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SupahHotFire17
Get the Strapping Whites(3-star) or Strapping Reds(1-star). They are made by splash mob so there common ability is Ink Saver Main. That's what I did. If you can get 2 or 3 ISM's on the White's it can replace the jungle hat.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I guess it's safe to say that there's nearly no shoes with Ink Saver (main) as it's main ability, then. Hopefully Autobots win this Splatfest, because I'll need a lot of rerolls :confused:

Phobos

Inkling Commander
It's not so unusual really - prior to the update, 16 main abilities were distributed across 46 items of footwear, with the distribution favouring the 3 unique abilities, which each get 4 items (presumably since these aren't available on anything else). This leaves 13 abilities distributed across 34 items, with the upshot that each ability gets either 2 or 3.

Edit: Oops! ^That's wrong - the unique abilities only had 3 items before the update. Still, 16 shared between 46 still evens out at either 2 or 3.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom