• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Languages and dialects in Splatoon?

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
Okay, so we know that Spyke (in the US version, at least) speaks strong, er....East Londoner English (avoiding the censors here), and the Octolings seem to have some sort of accent in Inkling as well (slight on Marina, heavy on playable Octos according to amiibo, which gives them broken English). We also know that the Calamari County dialect exists. So how would this all work...? Are there differences in inflections that I'm unaware of? (I know Octolings seem to speak slower and softer, and the Calimari County dialect seems to sound a bit more Japanese-ish than the playable characters' way of speaking (presumably the Inkopolis dialect).)

So I'm wondering if there's a way to hear them in one's head/voice them in English, as well as creative ways to use dialogue for OCs who could come from a different region (such as my Joy, who is supposed to come from the town of "Cuttleton" in present-day England)?

I'm also wondering how you would hear Octoling dialogue, as well as what certain dialects of Inkling would sound like, as well as what the Jellyfish language could be like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom