• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Leagues Under The Ink - -Season 1 Signups Are Underway!

Through 2015 and into the new year, we've seen players come and go. Teams rise and fall. Tournaments and Twitch channels created, and a barrage of new weapons, maps, and gear. Although the future is uncertain, it's quite amazing to see how far Splatoon and its community have come since launch!

We're lucky to have awesome community members stepping up to continue to support the competitive side of Splatoon, and now a select group of such players are back with a brand new Splatoon competition -- Leagues Under The Ink!

Brought to you by @Demiose, @Zarkith, @Njok, @Charlight, @Fightersword, @BestTeaMaker, @KTKres, and @Typhlosion09, Leagues Under The Ink is a multi-week, competitive Splatoon league where teams will battle it out in three different divisions of play over a regular season and subsequent play-offs.

In the Main Division, sixteen of Splatoon's strongest squads -- determined by power rankings from August-December 2015, referred to as, "Season 0" -- will compete for squid glory over a seven week period followed by a play-off.

The Intermediate Division will feature all other teams ranked in Season 0, while the Open Division pits unranked Season 0 or newly-formed teams against one another. Like the Main Division, the Intermediate and Open Divisions will occur over a seven week period and lead to a postseason.

Of course, you can check out all the information on Leagues Under The Ink over at the official thread --

-- and you should, because registration for Season 1 is open now until January 29th at 9:00 PM EST!

Shout-outs to the LUTI team for bring us this awesome series. We can't wait to see the competition kick-off! Let us know in the comments how hyped you are and if your team will be competing!

Last edited:
TheRapture

Comments

Through 2015 and into the new year, we've seen players come and go. Teams rise and fall. Tournaments and Twitch channels created, and a barrage of new weapons, maps, and gear. Although the future is uncertain, it's quite amazing to see how far Splatoon and its community have come since launch!

We're lucky to have awesome community members stepping up to continue to support the competitive side of Splatoon, and now a select group of such players are back with a brand new Splatoon competition -- Leagues Under The Ink!

Brought to you by @Demiose, @Zarkith, @Njok, @Charlight, @Fightersword, @BestTeaMaker, @KTKres, and @Typhlosion09, Leagues Under The Ink is a multi-week, competitive Splatoon league where teams will battle it out in three different divisions of play over a regular season and subsequent play-offs.

In the Main Division, sixteen of Splatoon's strongest squads -- determined by power rankings from August-December 2015, referred to as, "Season 0" -- will compete for squid glory over a seven week period followed by a play-off.

The Intermediate Division will feature all other teams ranked in Season 0, while the Open Division pits unranked Season 0 or newly-formed teams against one another. Like the Main Division, the Intermediate and Open Divisions will occur over a seven week period and lead to a postseason.

Of course, you can check out all the information on Leagues Under The Ink over at the official thread --

-- and you should, because registration for Season 1 is open now until January 29th at 9:00 PM EST!

Shout-outs to the LUTI team for bring us this awesome series. We can't wait to see the competition kick-off! Let us know in the comments how hyped you are and if your team will be competing!
is the seven week period on week days?

is the seven week period on week days?
The way this works is: one match is to be played between your team and your selected opponents (a best of 9 i.e. first to 5 wins) between Sunday (e.g. 17 Jan) at 6pm EST and the following Sunday (e.g. 24 Jan) at 5pm EST.

Your team and the other team can organise the match for ANY time or day between that period I mentioned earlier. It can Monday at 5pm, Wednesday at 4am, Saturday at 12 noon...whenever you want it.

The way this works is: one match is to be played between your team and your selected opponents (a best of 9 i.e. first to 5 wins) between Sunday (e.g. 17 Jan) at 6pm EST and the following Sunday (e.g. 24 Jan) at 5pm EST.

Your team and the other team can organise the match for ANY time or day between that period I mentioned earlier. It can Monday at 5pm, Wednesday at 4am, Saturday at 12 noon...whenever you want it.
This is completely correct. And in case you can't plan with your opponent, you will have to play at the end of the week on Sunday at 3 PM (aka Default Time).

i would love to play but i dont have a squad or anything .....
you can apply as a Free Agent. Then teams have the opportunity to come into contact with you.
For those who are not picked up, we are thinking of some possibilites. But if you are interested in participating definitely apply as a Free Agent

you can apply as a Free Agent. Then teams have the opportunity to come into contact with you.
For those who are not picked up, we are thinking of some possibilites. But if you are interested in participating definitely apply as a Free Agent
Where can I sign up? since I also don't have much of a squad...

Can me and my brother be free agents and still be on the same team?
Yes but both of you have to get accepted into the same team or start your own together, plus you'll need two wii u's to be able to play at the same time, along with two copies of splatoon and two NNIDs, but if you manage to have all of that, then yes you can play on the same team at the same time together.

heheh im still a noob, can you tell me how to do that?

heheh im still a noob, can you tell me how to do that?
The official thread for the League is here
http://squidboards.com/threads/presenting-leagues-under-the-ink-season-1-signups.20940/
click on that and then you'll see a place to click "Free agents signup". Fill out the form and you will be on the list.
Now remember there are A LOT of people signed up as free agents. Teams won't be able to pick up everyone. But there is nothing stopping free agents from contacting each other and forming squads themselves.

I'm so excited but i don't have a squad so i really cant sign up for and tournaments anyone want to start a squad?
A new squad wouldn't be able to apply for this. If you get a squad then your team can sign up for other tournaments in the tournament listings forum. You can also find squads or post your own thread about you wanting a clan in the Squid Locator forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom