• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Least Favorite Map?

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
Mine are Moray Towers and Blackbelly Skatepark. I have other names for them, just 'cause I dislike them so much. :oops: They seem to be in rotation so often too (probably just feels like it, as I dread their appearances), and Moray Towers keeps getting chosen when it's available! D:

Other than those two, I don't really hate any maps... I used to hate Kelp Dome, but I think it's OK now. =O)

iced potato

Senior Squid
I dislike Snapper Canal the most. I just don't like the way it's designed, it feels so awkward and vexing to me.

I'm also not a huge fan of Moray Towers.

Nutmeat

Pro Squid
Moray Towers and Shellendorf are my two least favorite layouts. I also really hate playing Starfish Mainstage just because its always a blowout/spawn camp one way or the other.

Raxel920

Full Squid
I hate Kelp Dome, because of the small layout it feels like someone is always invading our base. It's not too bad on SZ though.

MeTaGross

Inkling Cadet
I still despise moray towers, although it is certainly better than its release in the first game. However, my new least favorite stage is musselforge fitness. I don't know why, but this stage has my lowest winning percentage and I just hate it. It may have to do with me using primarily long-range weapons, but I don't know.

_Koriko_

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3709-6740-5598
I still despise moray towers, although it is certainly better than its release in the first game. However, my new least favorite stage is musselforge fitness. I don't know why, but this stage has my lowest winning percentage and I just hate it. It may have to do with me using primarily long-range weapons, but I don't know.
Huh. I play splatlings or other long range weapons on Musselforge a lot and I love it(expect with chargers. not only am I godawful with them, I'm even worse on this stage). Maybe it's the specific weapon I'm using or something.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I find Inkblot Art Academy rather bland. Snapper Canal and Goby Arena also do nothing for me. My favorite maps are actually mostly those ported over from Splatoon, like Walleye Warehouse, Arowana Mall and Port Mackerel. All I want is Ancho-V Games back now.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Humpback Pump Track I'm not too huge of a fan of. All the uneven terrain makes playing shooters a bit less than optimal.

I'm still not the biggest fan of Arowana Mall, too reliant on narrow choke points. It's slightly better than it was in Splatoon 1 but I'm still not a fan.

Everything else I don't have any strong feelings towards. Even Moray Towers I like more now since the Inkrails add some additional flanking points to the map and in general Chargers have become less oppressive than in Splatoon 1 (due to the removal of Damage Up).

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Moray Towers for obvious reasons.

Goby Arena is the only map I have never gotten a KO on because the entire middle is just one inescapable hell pit of press ZR to win. Like it seems to be wayyyyyy too small.

If its just press ZR to win how come you have not gotten a KO on the map?

AllToonedUp

Inkling Cadet
My least favorite would have to be Port Mackerel, I don't like how narrow the stage is and it's very easy to get spawn camped in it.

Jayy

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2045-0142-7156
I dislike sturgeon shipyard and black belly. Annoying/uneven elevation shifts annoy me.

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
Moray Towers, Shellendorf Institute, Starfish Mainstage. In that order. All of them are aggravating to play on. Moray Towers is sniper duel galore with lots of crappy angles to defend yourself to flankers, Shellendorf Institute is just really not up my alley with all these obstacles and the glass roof. I have yet to find a reason to have fun on that one. And Starfish? Probably because it's the most sniper-unfriendly stage if I've ever seen one - but it still hasn't reached Moray levels for me for some odd reason. >_>
Note: All of this is highly subjective and experience on these stages may vary for everyone.

Gayinkling

Inkling
Moray Towers seem to get a lot of hits by people, personally I actually like it! Fast to ink up and find good spots to use my charger in (best in ranked).
I actually Don't like humpback pump track cause the way the stage is built up, all the curves and hills almost makes me dizzy when walking through it.
I'm neither a fan for Walleye Warehouse, and neither was in the first game. The stage is just super thin and finding hiding spots are hard and inking without people seeing you moving in an obvious line out they can easily track you down.

Jagginator

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-6478-7859-9273
I like Blackbelly the least, and I don't even know why. I find any map to be ok in atleast one mode except this one.

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
Starfish Mainstage. All my other maps have at least 50% win rate but this one's at a solid 43%. I just can't do it. Honorable mentions go out to Shellendorf, Moray Zones, Kelp Dome Zones, and Snapper Canal Turf War. I swear Snapper Canal is always in rotation for turf. It's so hard because you have to be on top of like all 4 quadrants of the map and it's stressful and you can't trust teammates and it's so large and spread out. Ugh. But seeing Inkblot in rotation for anything makes me happy. :)

zzmorg82

Pro Squid
NNID
zzmorg82
Switch Friend Code
SW-2476-2506-3411
Kelp Dome is horrible; too narrow and linear to get anything done, and walking on the bridge leaves you at a disadvantage against good users IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom