• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Least Favourite Weapon to Fight Against

RelicRaider

Pro Squid
NNID
RelicRaiderULTD
Switch Friend Code
SW-6136-3428-7995
I'm sure there's been multiple threads about this in the past but I couldn't find any on the first page so thought I'd create a new.

Are there any weapons you just can't stand fighting against? Even if you know how to counter them, you just see them at the start of the match and groan.

My top 3 would be:
3. Octobrush - I was thinking of maining this weapon for a while, but ultimately found it too close range. The beakons are the first problem, I know firsthand how useful they are so seeing them on the other teams map make sure me just want to go over and destroy them. The second is the fact that because the brush is flinging paint everywhere I'm struggling to aim at it because it's sort of hiding its location. Many a time have I been ambushed by an Octobrush, or even the Nouveau variant and not been able to kill them quick enough because I can't see where to aim, but to add insult to injury if I do get the first two hits off, they can simply Kraken, and either kill me there and then, or chase me about the stage. Whenever I have a short range shooter and spot an Octobrush on the other team I aim to keep as far away from them as possible.

2. Carbon Roller/ Carbon Roller Deco - The silent assassin. Even when I know it's there I think manages to sneak up on me and kill me. The worst is when using an Octobrush or a Tri Slosher, where your kill is simply too slow and it will get you before you get it. I'm also one of those people that just manages to swim directly into a seeker so that's why the Deco variant is on here. The original can get me stuck in place with Burst bombs and then kill with another or a quick slam with the Roller, and let's not even mention the Inkzooka. It's one of the few weapons I've yet to give a go, when I should really as I believe I'd be quite proficient with it, but for now, I hate seeing Carbon Rollers on the other team.

1. Zink Mini Splatling - The bane of my existence. So many times have I tried to get a Mini Splatling between charges and it's done a partial charge and managed to land all four/five hits. Despite the fact it has the same kit as one of my personal favourite weapons, it's really really frustrating to fight against, moreso than the Tri Slosher. Those disrupters can jst easily tria you outside its range and it can just quickly charge up and kill you, and let's not even mention, when they're on the back foot, you're about to splat them, before they can get a proper charge up, and then suddenly they Bubble and you're the dead one. I've been working on how to properly counter this weapon and it's just one that stumps me, a lot more than most others. Whenever I see a Zink Mini on the other team, I run and try to get rid of it ASAP, my number of deaths also skyrockets.

Hametz

Inkling
NNID
Phelon
One of them is E-liter. The charger is good I'm not denying that, but sometimes it can be a lil bit frustrating when I can't seem to go anywhere without being spotted instantly. Sometimes I think I am hidden, but I'll still end up on the receiving end of a shot. I also hate it when I have a E-liter cornered but I forget that up close they can be pretty agressive with the splatter bombs lol. I realized by now that in the past I've wasted to much time going after one charger and It's just not worth it if my range can't compete.

Second is Luna blaster and I'm pretty sure I don't have explain that one xD

Even though it can be annoying I still find it kinda hilarious when I get the drop on someone who was a kraken weapon, and I almost kill them, only to meet a KRAKEN HEADBUTT to the face.

I can relate to almost everything you said too. I tend to find kraken weps the hardest to deal with.

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
E-Liter 3K: This weapon is a pain in the inkhole to deal with for obvious reasons. The long range makes it a constant worry when trying to complete an objective, not to also mention its hard to flank on certain maps and its Special weapon makes it difficult or a complete waste of time chasing down the snipper since their teammates can take you out, or if your facing the Custom version be food for a Kraken.

Carbon Roller:
The silent assassin. Even when I know it's there I think manages to sneak up on me and kill me. The worst is when using an Octobrush or a Tri Slosher, where your kill is simply too slow and it will get you before you get it.
Well said. I hate facing this weapon because sometimes people who use this can just swim past your and shots and kill you easily. I find the Regular on more harder to deal with due to Burst Bombs.

Dyanmo Roller: A roller that has large range, and massive damage output? I'm out.

Hydra's: Same reason as E-Liter.

Also any weapons with a Disrupter because now you have to worry about getting all your abilities nerfed, and you're pretty much good as dead if you get caught while you're still in a open area.

Maave

Inkling Commander
E-liter. I hate suddenly exploding from a dude halfway across the map. Splat Chargers feel much more "fair".

And bubbler weapons. It's a real bugger when I'm using short range weapons because they bubble and still outrange me. Doesn't matter when I'm using a long range weapon though, Jet Squelchers shut down bubblers like nobody's business.

Joasa

Depressed Squid
Lesse... I really hate fighting Dynamo rollers (when I'm using my Dynamo) but with my Octobrush I can take them down easy. Vice versa, fighting Octobrushes with my Octobrush is the worst but they're no problem with my Dynamo.

I also have E-Liters (regular, Custom isn't as bad because the Burst Bombs on the standard are a pain) and T-Tek Splattershots/Octoshots. Luna Blaster Neos are also a bane of my existence, along with all Splatlings.

spoxbox

Full Squid
NNID
Spoxbox
Not really a fan of fighting any variation of Splattershot. It always feels like their range stretches just a bit too far.

blu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
blu_64
*pours some more salt as he walks*
Jet Squelchers, blasters, Lunas, Lunas, and sometimes E-liters (My salt varies on the latter here) just die already. > : (

AutoCarrot

Inkling
NNID
YesToAutoCarrot
Any good blaster is enough to make me cry ;w;

Last edited:

Umbriel_Umbra

Full Squid
NNID
umbrella720
Idk if anyone else has the burning hate I have for this one weapon, but...

N-ZAPS. Holy sh*t, after the increased droplet radii and decreased intervals of secondary droplets (2.7.0 Patch), it seems like any singular shot of that thing can kill you after taking ANY damage.

You've taken less than half damage? N-Zap kills you with one drop.

You're up on a ledge? N-Zap aims up, and kills you with one drop.

You're behind a wall? N-Zap aims around it and kills you with one drop.

I know it's an exaggeration (yes, I'm well aware of it's fast RoF, that's what makes it the N-Zap), but they just seem to get all these bogus kills on me... and don't even get me started on being trapped-killed by a sprinkler or jumped by a Kraken!

Umbriel_Umbra

Full Squid
NNID
umbrella720
Also
Lesse... I really hate fighting Dynamo rollers (when I'm using my Dynamo) but with my Octobrush I can take them down easy. Vice versa, fighting Octobrushes with my Octobrush is the worst but they're no problem with my Dynamo.

I also have E-Liters (regular, Custom isn't as bad because the Burst Bombs on the standard are a pain) and T-Tek Splattershots/Octoshots. Luna Blaster Neos are also a bane of my existence, along with all Splatlings.
I couldn't agree with this more-- it seems like any Splattershot just points at you, and you instantly die.

Astro86

Inkling
NNID
KOAstr04
I tend to struggle the most against Dynamo Rollers. Either I get splatted or I get a trade. I don't know if this weapon is coming back in Splatoon 2 but if it does, that vertical flick is going to be absolutely terrifying!

SonnyBlueBalls

Full Squid
NNID
ReaganMcClellan
Lunar Blasters. Given enough damage ups, a skilled lunar squid can pop up and one shot you. Major annoying.

Goont

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PrankingMaster
Gotta be those dang Luna Blasters. I tried using one myself but could never figure out how those professional players use it the way they do. For me inking turf around the enemy is always key to getting the kill, so I could never work with its limitations. I have the utmost respect for all those crazy Luna Blaster users who have splatted me on countless occasions...

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
E-liters, because they're one of the few weapons that outrange my squelchers. Naturally they're everywhere these days.

vanille987

Inkling Cadet
NNID
777SAS777
an good E-liter,
Someone that has the ability to 1 hit-KO from a long distance is always something to look out for.
but once you get close, you have burst bombs to look out for too. And then the echo locator special...
Though its rewarding to take one down at least, as they have trouble coming back once you 'get' them from my expierence.

Mikaya

Certified Nerd
Premium
Pronouns
She/Her
Switch Friend Code
SW-4841-8448-2209
E-liters. Especially really skilled ones. It's hard to get past them, Although I try my best to flank them from another route/position. They dominate almost every stage, except Ancho and Flounder. I've been up against really good snipers in the past and it's a constant struggle. Luckily, I use some long-ish ranged weapons like the Dual Squelcher and Zink Mini Splatling, which does help a little.

P-Kong

Full Squid
As I had a massive losing streak and fell down to A+, I figured I'd join the Luna army.
Aside from the typical Carbon Roller/E-Liter/Luna picks, I especially struggled against (Grim) Range Blasters.
At best, that matchup results in a draw if they spot you first.

When using the Bamboozler MkII, obviously every other charger I'm likely to get matched up against gives me a hard time.
The matchmaking seems to think that the opponents need to have at least one charger when playing the Bamboozler, which is just as imbalanced as treating blasters and shooters equally.

Oh, and don't get me started on Splattershots.
Those Tentatek/Wasabi shots always get registered too late, so it seems as if I get one-shotted out of nowhere.
At least .Gals are less of a problem…

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom