1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

Lock the color of your Inkling?

Discussion in 'Regular Discussion' started by yurrenstein12, May 26, 2015.

1. yurrenstein12

yurrenstein12 Inkling

NNID:
    yurrenstein12
    I have heard that you can keep (lock) the color of the latest match on your Inkling (only possible in the Plaza).

Is this true? Can someone confirm this?

I really want to know, because I want my Inkling in my favorite color :).

2. Cadet Strongarm

Cadet Strongarm Pro Squid

NNID:
    GothicNightmare
    yes it's true(this featured was implemented mostly for those who are colorblind)

yurrenstein12 likes this.
  3. Crucifigo

Crucifigo Pro Squid

NNID:
    Crucifigo
    I want a gold Inkling dangit, let me shine like a hideous statue Nintendo. I've seen people in plaza with different colours, so I assume it's possible to change your colour to whatever you prefer.

4. yurrenstein12

yurrenstein12 Inkling

NNID:
    yurrenstein12
    Thanks for the info! Now I'm even more hyped for this game :D.

I think the colors we saw in the trailers are the only colors available. They should implement the gold color into the game for when you achieve the highest rank in multiplayer, then you could show off your looks :cool:.

#4 yurrenstein12, May 26, 2015
    Lasted edited by : May 31, 2015
  5. Yaezakura

Yaezakura Pro Squid

Little counter-intuitive to use, however.

When you activate the Color Lock, you lock in the combination at whatever it last was--so if you're currently a pink inkling, you'll be locked as pink and will always faces its opposite color (the light blue). It'd be a little better if they gave you the option to pick a specific combination in the menu setting itself, so you didn't have to play while possibly dealing with color-blindness-induced handicaps until you found a combination you could see well.

6. yurrenstein12

yurrenstein12 Inkling

NNID:
    yurrenstein12
    Oh, I didn't know it worked like that. So if I understood correctly, you can choose (lock) your favorite color for your Inkling, but you will see that color (and the opposite color of that) in every match? (no other colors?) That's dissappointing :(.

7. Yaezakura

Yaezakura Pro Squid

That's how it has to work though. Imagine if you locked yourself into pink, and ended up fighting against another team using orange. The colors are close enough you wouldn't easily be able to tell them apart when they're splattered all across each other. Each color always fights a specific other color--dark blue vs orange, etc.

Squid Megami Tensei likes this.
  8. Lyn

Lyn Squid Savior From the Future
    Premium

I believe this is in. I'm pretty sure you can only lock the last color you used, though.

9. kinetik07

kinetik07 Senior Squid

I'm partially colorblind and pink/aqua is the only combination that's a little hard to see. Still won't use this feature and I haven't heard any other colorblinds saying they need it. Kinda weird how it seems like the non-colorblind people are the ones using it.

10. WaifuRaccoonBL

WaifuRaccoonBL Inkling Fleet Admiral

Hmm...interesting way to do it to be sure. Don't know if I would use it since I'm fine with being a random color.

11. yurrenstein12

yurrenstein12 Inkling

NNID:
    yurrenstein12
    Yeah, good point there.

Well, there's only one way to find out the color-lock feature is any good and that it to play the game myself, of course.

Luckily, I can play the game 1 day earlier, so I will see it all tomorrow already! :D

12. Bottlecapn

Bottlecapn Inkling Commander

NNID:
    Bottlecapn
    We all get the game at the same time, don't we?

GameGalaxy64 likes this.
  13. Reila

Reila Inkling Fleet Admiral

I thought the colors were randomly chosen every new match. It's good to know I can lock my squid in my favorite color.
    No. Some people already have the game. Unless you mean the digital release, then I think so (except for Australia maybe?)

14. Bottlecapn

Bottlecapn Inkling Commander

NNID:
    Bottlecapn
    Yeah, that makes sense. For a second there my brain thought physical copies weren't a thing.

15. DonkaFjord

DonkaFjord Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    DonkaFjord
    In single player you also get a specific color per level (And also some more unique colors then what you typically see in online turf battles) so after that level you can go back to the plaza and lock your inkling to that color. I am really thankful they thought about those of us who are colorblind, though most of the color pairings are easy to differentiate between.