• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Longer Tables, Lower Fences. Looking for Teammates!!

Aristeia

Pro Squid
NNID
Sifo33
Hi, Squidboards!

My name is Tony (Pwnda in-game), and I'm looking to gather some players for a new Splatoon squad. Ideally, we would play out the remainder of the original game's competitive lifespan, then switch (lol) to the sequel in late July. Unfortunately for both squids and squads alike, there simply aren't as many competitive opportunities as there were in the earlier days of this game's scene, but if you're looking for a fresh group to join, let me convince you why you should head my way ;)

Leadership

I've been following the game since it was first announced, and I helped to found and captain a competitive team from January of '16 until about a month ago. During that time, I gained valuable experience in managing players, scheduling tournaments and scrims, solving team problems, and I even helped plan and run a tournament in this community!

Gameplay

I consider myself a proficient Splatoon player, having spent ample time in S+ and with over 1200 hours logged in the game. I prefer short-ranged, offensive weapons, as I enjoy pushing objective and pulling effective flanks. Aiming isn't my strength, but I make up for it with polished movement and smart decision-making. I can occasionally become a bit too aggressive, but usually my spacing is more conservative and practical. Besides, even when I get in a jam, my speed and creative movement can usually get me out of it ;)

Team Aesthetic

Any group of people usually becomes a microcosm of the members within it, and, as Captain, I think that I can bring a distinct feel to this team that will hopefully draw people in. I'm kind of organized, but mostly laid-back. I'm occasionally business-oriented, but mostly goofy and light-hearted. I want to be competitive, but I'm also looking for some like-minded pals to spend time with. What you'd be signing up for is essentially a group that values winning, but always puts real life concerns first. Aside from outside-Splatoon matters, that includes just getting to know one another and having a good time.

Interested?? Comment, or send me a DM! Also, fill out this application:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...xGHpL6_4BmMJjSWi2A2s5x5w/viewform?usp=sf_link

Primarily looking for three things...
-A person to run the offense with me
-A support player, preferably with a ranged weapon
-A dedicated charger to back us up

Oh, right! I almost forgot! We'll be the Nakamari Pirates, or Nakamari for short. The weeb side of me decided to make the team name a nod to One Piece, and the positive themes inherent in it...so Nakamari is a combination of the words nakama and calamari :D

There's no public Discord server now, but I'll open it up once the team starts forming. Thanks for reading, and I hope to hear from you!

Changa ellison

Inkling
NNID
Oronde1219
I wanna join the Nakamari Pirates!. Im A+-S rank and i can be a good offensive player. I hope to be a good ally as we move closer to splatoon 2.Also I did the application and just let me know what happens.Thanks

Big Boss

Senior Squid
NNID
Pink_Guy_Ramen
I would love to get into the competitive scene, if you need someone for short and long range shooters and is flexible in position I may just be your guy, I submitted an application so count me in.

Rellek

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RellekEarth
Hey there. You know my credentials from my other thread and i put in my application. Hope to hear back from you bud.

Marsh

Inkling
NNID
marshmallowmario
Hello there! My name is Marsh and I would like to ask a few questions about your squad.
Is it required to know callouts? I don't know them and feel like it would be somewhat pointless to learn them now because Splatoon 2 with its new maps are coming out soon.
I am currently in a "Squad" with 3 other friends. We're not competitive and are just friends who occasionally play Splatoon together. Is it alright if I am members of both? I want to be able to join the competitive scene but still be able to hang out with my friends.
Last one, are you planning to let this squad get big enough for scrims? I want to be able to join a squad that will let me experience all of what squad life is.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and I hope to hear back from you soon.

Aristeia

Pro Squid
NNID
Sifo33
Thanks to those of you who applied!

Marsh, you certainly don't have to know callouts. While some are definitely pretty concrete, I've always been a fan of letting a team decide what works for them on their own, so we'll all be learning them in a way :)

As for your friends, of course you can still play with them! My only stipulation is that Nakamari would be the only competitive team you'd be on. So if your other group decides to do scrims and such, you might be better off sticking with them.

Going off of that and into your last question, I have every intention of making this squad competitive...so scrims, tournaments, the like. You will certainly be able to be a part of the scene if you hop on board with us :) If you haven't already submitted an application, be sure to do so!!

Marsh

Inkling
NNID
marshmallowmario
Thank you for answering my questions! I have submitted my squid credentials. :D

Squididly

Full Squid
NNID
Squididly
Hey there!
I'm very very interested, went ahead and filled out the app.
Hope you still need some! I can fill any role, but I put down my best ones in the app.

Aristeia

Pro Squid
NNID
Sifo33
Lol, you're fine. Thanks for applying! We've had a lot of people interested, we'll see if a large team can work right out of the gate, haha. I'll get back to you when I can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom