1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

Looking for constructive criticism on a sketch

Discussion in 'Original Content' started by X-BIRT, Aug 31, 2018.

1. X-BIRT

X-BIRT Inkster Jr.

So I made this sketch about a ear ago, but I'[m thinking about going back to color it digitally. I'm looking for some constructive criticism on this sketch I made so I know what changes to make in transition. (Before anyone says it, the head is supposed to be oversized). Thanks in advance for your time, and have a splatastic day!

Attached Files:

• art.png
      art.png
      File size:
      179.8 KB
      Views:
    Yin_ likes this.
  2. Yin_

Yin_ Inkling Cadet

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-2325-6454-5517
    That's actually preety cool. The shading is good. The head is big( but I know that you said it was supposed to be. The arms are a little small though. Also, proportions. The tentacle that is on the floor is a bit longer than the other one. Just make it so one isn't longer than the other for a equal picture. Eye shadowing is great, as well as the eye reflections.

All in all, great picture! Everyone gets better through time and you are well along the road!

3. Fabrunette

Fabrunette Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    Fabrunette
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-8140-7460-1544
    I like the style that your going for. However, the proportions throw me off a little. But since it's a stylistic choice that's whatever. I do think you need to use references to draw hands better though. It'll make your work 10 times better.

I keep a pinterest board with all sorts of references and maybe it'll be useful to you too https://nl.pinterest.com/xxfabiexx/drawing-references/

#3 Fabrunette, Mar 23, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2019