• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Looking for constructive criticism on a sketch

X-BIRT

Inkster Jr.
So I made this sketch about a ear ago, but I'[m thinking about going back to color it digitally. I'm looking for some constructive criticism on this sketch I made so I know what changes to make in transition. (Before anyone says it, the head is supposed to be oversized). Thanks in advance for your time, and have a splatastic day!

Attachments

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
That's actually preety cool. The shading is good. The head is big( but I know that you said it was supposed to be. The arms are a little small though. Also, proportions. The tentacle that is on the floor is a bit longer than the other one. Just make it so one isn't longer than the other for a equal picture. Eye shadowing is great, as well as the eye reflections.

All in all, great picture! Everyone gets better through time and you are well along the road!

Fabrunette

Full Squid
NNID
Fabrunette
Switch Friend Code
SW-8140-7460-1544
I like the style that your going for. However, the proportions throw me off a little. But since it's a stylistic choice that's whatever. I do think you need to use references to draw hands better though. It'll make your work 10 times better.

I keep a pinterest board with all sorts of references and maybe it'll be useful to you too https://nl.pinterest.com/xxfabiexx/drawing-references/

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom