• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Looking for three other people with capture cards to do a 4-player splitscreen video with

BagelTheBagel

Inkling
NNID
BagelTheBagel
Hey guys.

I want to do a 4-player splitscreen video, and I need three other people with capture cards to do this.
I can put videos side-by-side and synchronize them properly. This will be the same thing, just with four screens.
Splatoon will most likely never have actual splitscreen, so I want to do this to see what it would be like.

We'll do a 2v2 private battle in whatever mode we decide on.
The recordings should start in the lobby before the match starts, and end when we return to the lobby. It should be 720p, 60fps recommended but not required.
How you would send your recording to me, maybe just upload it to YouTube and I'll download it from there. If you have another method, that's fine too.

UPDATE 9/13/2015: So right now I'm looking for three new people who will be available Tuesday, September 15 at 3:00 PM PDT. If you want to participate, reply to this thread with your NNID and I will add you as soon as I can.

People for Thursday, September 17 at 3:00 PM PDT:
-Available Slot
-Available Slot
-Available Slot

Last edited:

BagelTheBagel

Inkling
NNID
BagelTheBagel
If it can stay at least a constant 30fps, it's fine.
I noticed that the video you posted here was below 30fps and had some lag spikes.

Happysquiddo

Inkling
NNID
groke01
I'm here! I can help if needed. I'm pretty sure I fit the criteria for this, here's a random recording I edited when testing out my capture card:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ugo2636i7so5llt/Clip 1 - Pokemon.mp4?dl=0 (This link will probably be dead in 1 - 2 months)
It's also worth mentioning that I screwed up when exporting that video and the quality is worse than the raw footage was.

Side note: Sucks that we lost that Splatfest Bagel.

BagelTheBagel

Inkling
NNID
BagelTheBagel
I'm here! I can help if needed. I'm pretty sure I fit the criteria for this, here's a random recording I edited when testing out my capture card:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ugo2636i7so5llt/Clip 1 - Pokemon.mp4?dl=0 (This link will probably be dead in 1 - 2 months)
It's also worth mentioning that I screwed up when exporting that video and the quality is worse than the raw footage was.

Side note: Sucks that we lost that Splatfest Bagel.
Yup, looks good!
If @Captain Norris and @Squidalicious are good to go, then we'll have enough people.

One thing I haven't thought about until now is if everyone in the same match hears the same song or if it's random for each player. If it is random, I'd probably have to mute all but one track or something. I guess we'll have to see.

Happysquiddo

Inkling
NNID
groke01
All the sound effects would be hectic anyways. If you mute all but one track the sound effects might throw some people off though. Can we also try using the Youtube switch-screen option? I think that lets you change audio tracks when they change the screen they're viewing too.

BagelTheBagel

Inkling
NNID
BagelTheBagel
The sound effects would be mixed together in a splitscreen environment, so that's not really a problem. The problem is layering multiple music tracks, that would sound really bad.
I've never heard of this "switch-screen" feature, could you give me more info on that? I've tried looking it up but I'm not finding anything about it.

TheRamosOnline

Inkling
NNID
TheRamosOnline
If you still need someone, I have tons of free time. I have a few videos on my YouTube if you need examples of my capcard's quality.

BagelTheBagel

Inkling
NNID
BagelTheBagel
If you still need someone, I have tons of free time. I have a few videos on my YouTube if you need examples of my capcard's quality.
Looks good! I might do more than one video if we have more than four people.

Also, I can confirm everyone in the same match hears the same song, so I don't have to worry about that.

Happysquiddo

Inkling
NNID
groke01
We have at least 4 people interested already, could we start planning on when we're available? We're all Squids here but I'm very much a 'Kid', and therefore available at virtually any time any day*.

*(Being a kid I am subject to the reign of parents and may be unavailable at times I can't control without much advance, so I don't have much of a schedule to present.)

Captain Norris

Inkling Commander
um that should work... however, Jeffrey (Squidalicious) is having internet problems this week, so for us, later is better.

Captain Norris

Inkling Commander
So friday is just a bad day in general for us. We gotta compete in the next round of the tournament we are in and gotta do some other stuff. Saturday could work though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom