• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Looking for tips from a high rank L-3 Nozzlenose main.

Jocarifeta

Inkling
NNID
diazproduction
My b. Meant the splattershot pro.
And i also said .96 gal, not the .52 lol.
And maybe it is pessimistic, but in my experience the range really isn't as great as people say. Pretty mediocre imo. Especially when combined with the ttk/semi automatic thing. And the preciseness.
Anway i'm not saying the weapon is bad or anything. Just kinda saying that it's hard to main.
But, if you take away the Nozzlenose's semi automatic gimmick as well as its amazing accuracy, what would it have to justify its existence? Also, if you have a good rhythm it can have a very, very high fire rate!

The thing is that you have to combine the characteristic almost everyone says is its "weak" part (the semi automatic virtue, even though I consider it one of the things that makes this weapon excel) with its very good accuracy (and your aim, obviously) in order to get a good TTK and slay your opponents. And yes, it has less range than the Splattershot Pro, but it also has a better fire rate, much more mobility and (way) better ink efficency.

I'm glad that you main the L-3 Nozzlenose because, as you said, it seems to be very few of us that do, but for what you wrote, it also seems that you do it mostly because of its subweapon instead of its unique characteristics. And I mean, there is actuallty nothing wrong with that, but you should also try to use the things that make the L-3 Nozzlenose unique in your favor.

Anyway, just my two cents, I'm not a master of the L-3 Nozzlenose and I also learn new things about it everyday, but it is most definitely my favorite weapon of the game ;)

WydrA

Inkling Commander
But, if you take away the Nozzlenose's semi automatic gimmick as well as its amazing accuracy, what would it have to justify its existence? Also, if you have a good rhythm it can have a very, very high fire rate!

The thing is that you have to combine the characteristic almost everyone says is its "weak" part (the semi automatic virtue, even though I consider it one of the things that makes this weapon excel) with its very good accuracy (and your aim, obviously) in order to get a good TTK and slay your opponents. And yes, it has less range than the Splattershot Pro, but it also has a better fire rate, much more mobility and (way) better ink efficency.

I'm glad that you main the L-3 Nozzlenose because, as you said, it seems to be very few of us that do, but for what you wrote, it also seems that you do it mostly because of its subweapon instead of its unique characteristics. And I mean, there is actuallty nothing wrong with that, but you should also try to use the things that make the L-3 Nozzlenose unique in your favor.

Anyway, just my two cents, I'm not a master of the L-3 Nozzlenose and I also learn new things about it everyday, but it is most definitely my favorite weapon of the game ;)
I'm not saying i don't want it to be semi automatic and accuracy lol. I man I do actually main the weapon. It's hard, but I'm used to playing hard weapons/characters in games, so i still enjoy it. In fact I only really mained the jr before the L-3, and not the custom, so I wasn't a huge disruptor fan before.

but yeah I wouldn't switch weapons either. The l-3 can definitely be frustrating at times, but I still like how it feels and the challenge it brings :)

Holidaze

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
dyngledong
As everyone has already said, the nozzlenose does have it's ups and downs. Although I can't believe no one's said this yet, but the Nozzlenose does not drip when shooting, at least it feels like it doesn't. Like a charger, it needs to hit the enemy directly if you want to splat them. However, I usually run swim speed up for my Nozzlenoses, cause I have a disturbing lack of run speeds. But that's besides the point. For the original Nozzlenose, make use of your disruptors, you do out range a lot of guns, the only ones I believe that out range you are; Splattershot pros, Squelchers, and .96 gals. So be wary when you do try to firefight with these weapons. Cause more often than not, people panic when disruptor'd so make use of that!

As for the D variant, run at least one strength up main for the burst bomb, one shot should take care of an enemy directly hit by that burst bomb. Also make use of some more swim speed for that Kraken baby.

I don't have much experience with the H Nozzlenoses, as they are annoyingly slow for me, but I do wish to get good with the Nozzlenose family.

-Edit- Actually, hold on, going to test out that drip thing.

Welp, I lied. It does drip, must have had that unlucky accuracy.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom