• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Looking Into Maining The Range Blaster Any Tips?

What is the best Blaster?

• Rapid Blaster

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rapid Blaster Pro

• Luna Blaster

• Luna Blaster Neo

• Clash Blaster

• Clash Blaster Neo

• Total voters

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
So I went into Ranked today and decided to give the Range a try. And I am happy to say I really like it! And directs are just as pleasing as ever. I would like some tips on the weapon, because I plan on maining it. Thank you!

Koopon

Roller/Blaster Main
Switch Friend Code
SW-6418-2499-7488
I main blasters. I've been working on the range for a couple of weeks. In a nutshell it's a mid-range support weapon that can shark when your team has map control. I lead with suction bomb spam and then get someplace up high. Then pick off any aggressive players and build its special. Then when you have a special, and your team is ready to push, combo suction bomb to ink storm to another suction bomb. You'll get a lot of area covered and inflict serious chip damage. Then shark in and clean up.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Practice, practice, practice and practice. That's the most important thing I guess. But some random things from my experience with the weapon:

-It depends a bit on the stage, but one thing I tend to do is to stay in the middle of the stage when we're in the lead and pick off anyone who tried to break through. Musselforge, MakoMart and especially Sturgeon are great stages to do this. The latter is probably my favorite Range Blaster stage, actually.

-Try going after people who are trying to stay hidden or who flee from you. The range combined with the blast-radius makes for a great weapon to hit people who think they are safe but aren't.

-I generally tend to play kind of aggresively but not really at the very front-lines. If that makes any sense. The Range Blaster fires kind of slowly and missing a shot up close means it'll either hit a wall of explode relatively far away from your opponent. But if you're good at playing with it (which just takes practice, really), I think you can pretty safely use it in more close up duels. That's also probably why it's my favorite Blaster. You have a pretty good range to harrass people or protect some kind of middle point, but as long as you're good with your aim, you can still take people out reliably from up-close.

Toasty17

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-5404-5275-4907
The custom range blaster is currently my favorite weapon and carried to me to S rank in all modes.

A quick tip: When someone is rushing you and is in your face, jump and aim your shots lower on their hit box, that way if you miss your direct, the blast will hit the ground and damage them instead of entirely missing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom