• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Looking to deck out my gear with Chunks- QR or Ink Resistance?

Goont

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PrankingMaster
Hey all, I'm looking to really start taking my gear seriously and decking it out with some chunks. I absolutely LOVE the Front Zip Vest, so this is the firs piece of gear I want to deck out. Currently it has :ability_inkresistance: as main, with :ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn:and :ability_swimspeed: as abilities. I enjoy using dualies, splatlings, N-Zaps, and the Splash-o-matic. I tend to never stay in one place and build up speed, traveling around the map. I see two options for me: Either add one more QR and accept that the main won't be Ink Resistance, so I can quickly get trades with the Splash-O-Matic, OR I can go full Ink Resistance and be a unstoppable brute force that travels through enemy ink. Which ever way I go, I'm pairing with a full :ability_runspeed: shoe, since I want to be pretty speedy. I'm pretty uneducated in competitive Splatoon, so I'm open to any advice on what to do: One more :ability_quickrespawn:or full:ability_inkresistance:?

AllToonedUp

Inkling Cadet
I'd save your chunks and invest in better abilities like Swim Speed Up or Ink Saver Main because both Quick Respawn and Ink Resistance Up aren't that good at all competitively.

:ability_quickrespawn: only activates if you die without managing to kill anyone and :ability_inkresistance: isn't worth stacking especially since the weapons you use can ink turf rather well and it's better to NOT stay in enemy ink. Even with :ability_inkresistance: it's still super easy to die in enemy ink because the damage decrease from it is minimal.

Goont

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PrankingMaster
I'd save your chunks and invest in better abilities like Swim Speed Up or Ink Saver Main because both Quick Respawn and Ink Resistance Up aren't that good at all competitively.

:ability_quickrespawn: only activates if you die without managing to kill anyone and :ability_inkresistance: isn't worth stacking especially since the weapons you use can ink turf rather well and it's better to NOT stay in enemy ink. Even with :ability_inkresistance: it's still super easy to die in enemy ink because the damage decrease from it is minimal.
Wow, I didn't even know QR was nerfed like that, it really has no use for my game now. RIP Splatoon 1 loadout. Also, you have a great point with Ink Resistance, if I'm inking turf, I shouldn't even be in enemy ink in the first place. I'll definitely focus on different, more effective chunks. I'll take your word and look into Ink Saver, as I do feel I constantly dip down for more and more ink. It'd be nice to refill a splatling a second faster. Anyways, thank you so much for the advice, I'm glad I didn't save 30 QR chunks for my gear.

derty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
derty10
u should also invest in some special charge up gear as well.
really helps with close range specials like splashdown :wst_shot_short00:

Goont

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PrankingMaster
u should also invest in some special charge up gear as well.
really helps with close range specials like splashdown :wst_shot_short00:
I might go with Special-Charge Up on the vest. I already have headgear with Ink Saver as a main, so I'll go ahead and deck that out with three Ink Savers. And finally, for the shoes, all Run-Speed Up. Unless I need two Ink Savers. Actually I'm not entirely sure if I should go with two pieces of gear with Ink Saver as a main or a Special Charge-Up one.

derty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
derty10
what weapons do u main?
run speed will benefit chargers and splatling the best.
ur better off getting swim speed up if u main anything else.

Padre

Pro Squid
Everything works. QR is ok too if you play ranked, turf war not so much.

I have hy Turf War "fun build" with one pure special charge up, one pure special power up and one pure ink saver main.
Sometimes I swap of course, but Turf War I find most fun with lots of powerful specials. :)

Splatling "tank" is pne of my favorites too, it has Ink Resistance pure, Bomb Defense pure and Run Speed pure.

Mix and match and you'll find your favorite ones. Gear isnt everything. :)

Goont

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PrankingMaster
what weapons do u main?
run speed will benefit chargers and splatling the best.
ur better off getting swim speed up if u main anything else.
I really don't main anything. Dualies are what I used the most, but I also really enjoy Splatlings, N-zaps, and even Splatterscopes (even if I really suck at them) I imagine Dualies will always be my most used weapon though.
Everything works. QR is ok too if you play ranked, turf war not so much.

Splatling "tank" is pne of my favorites too, it has Ink Resistance pure, Bomb Defense pure and Run Speed pure.

Mix and match and you'll find your favorite ones. Gear isnt everything. :)
That tank one sounds pretty fun, I'd love to go full "heavy" Inkling. I'm definitely going to get some chunks and just experiment, try Run Speed and Swim speed and see what's better. I'm for sure going for Ink Saver, cause the more I think about saving Ink and dipping in ink less the more I'm convinced that ones going to be a nice benefit.

Thanks for all the fantastic advice y'all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom