• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Looking to Start My Own (Semi-Serious) Squad!

SyMag

SOLDIER 1st Class
NNID
PKThunda
I had stopped playing Splatoon for a while, but after watching the E3 presentations and the Invitational, I've started thinking more about getting back into the game. I have some friends who I play with, but they're all, for the most part, already active in other more serious squads. I had already tried to find a squad to join, but after not really getting anywhere with that, I figured the next best thing would be to create my own squad and see how it goes.

So like the title says, I'd like to create a group to casually squad with for the time being, until we're all comfortable enough with the game and with each other to get more serious. I'm also hoping to find people to make the transition into Splatoon 2 with; so it would be good if you already have a Switch, or are planning to buy one alongside the game on launch day or shortly thereafter.
Besides that, I'm looking for a group of laidback people to bond with both in Splatoon and in general; obviously Splatoon will be our main focus, but who's not to say we can't enjoy other games on the side as well? I have a couple Steam games that I'd be willing to play, and any of the Switch games I'll be getting as they're released (as of right now I currently have MK8D and ARMS). I'm pretty shy at first so I won't be super talkative right away, but I'll warm up after a short while and then you won't be able to get me to shut up lol.
As far as a name goes...I haven't really thought about it yet. I'd also like to design a logo for our team to wear with honor, though this would obviously come second lol. I have an idea for a name/logo already but if there's a lot of interest in joining this squad we can have a vote on a name and the logo!
Finally, I'd like for everyone who is interested in joining to be 18+ and preferably to have Discord; no offense to the younger people on here, I just think it would be better to have a squad that's closer in age and not all over the map.

Now about me: I'll be turning 25 in two weeks, and I live on the U.S. East Coast (UTC -4 during Daylight Savings, -5 otherwise). Generally I'm available to play whenever, but I prefer playing in the evening after about 8pm or so. English is obviously my first language, but I do know Spanish as well (although it's rusty). I prefer to use shooters in-game, with the N-Zaps being my main weapons; I also use the Octoshot and the Splattershot Pros, and occasionally I'll use brushes. My friends tell me that I'm decent with Splat Bombs, if that's something you're looking for. As for Splatoon 2, that is yet to be decided... I'm currently an S-rank, but I think in terms of skill, because I am still rusty, I'd say I'm probably anywhere from a mid-A+ to a low S. I don't particularly care if you're around that skill level or not, but it would be nice to play with others around the same skill level as me. I solely use Discord to communicate.

If you're interested in joining forces, leave a comment below with a little bit about yourself, or if you're shy, feel free to PM me. Hopefully something in this stands out to you!

Gerarar

Inkling
NNID
gerardmartinp23
Hi, I used to play this game a ton when it first released. I grinded my way to the best rank I could achieve, and once I reached S+, I didn't feel like playing thus further. However, after the new year, I began playing this game again (and got immediately deranked back to S), and after the news of Splatoon 2 for the Switch, I wanted to focus on the game again. As of now, I'm S-ranked 77, I mainly switch between the N-Zap or Splattershot Pro, depending on the game/rank mode. I occasionally use the Tri-Slosher or .52 Gal.

As for me, I'm 18 and live on the east coast as well. I usually play later in the day and sometimes around midnight or so. I actually lead a Call of Duty team on WiiU (search up FleSh Clan), but I use Splatoon as my relaxing time and time to have fun. I use discord as my main communication as well - Gerarar#0986. I've always wanted to join a Splatoon clan/team, but never could find one lol.

SyMag

SOLDIER 1st Class
NNID
PKThunda
I remember being decent at CoD many many years ago lol. I stopped playing after MW3. Also I main the N-Zaps too and occasionally use the Splattershot Pros, so that's common ground right there! If you'd like I can add you on Discord and get you on our server?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom