1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

    Join us on Discord!

  3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

    You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

  4. Hi Guest,

    As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

Luciia Project/distortion

Discussion in 'RP Square' started by IcySetsuna, Aug 27, 2017.

  1. IcySetsuna

    IcySetsuna Inkling

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2017
    Messages:
    12
    Likes Received:
    35
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3190-9632-9622
    This is gonna be my first time doing this, so wish me luck ^^


    "Ah, I already sent that Adeline girl to go retrieve Kent and Shade, what is taking her so loooong~?" She complained. Sitting sideways on a throne, Mono sat there, being a childish brat. Yet we can never judge others by their cover, as inside her she was this manupulative silver tongued lady with the goals of an ambitious conqueror.

    Luciel, the experiment retrieved from the Luciia Project, responds, "Learn to be patient, Miss Mono. Lady Adeline is a brilliant recruiter with a silver tongue. She would have gotten those two already, and the only thing hindering them is how you placed our base on an island, might I remind you."

    "Yeah, yeah, shut up. Now tell me, is there any more info about... Project/dancehall?"

    "Hear me, the Project has this. We just need to locate where though. People have said it was in the desert, or Takioya. But don't mind that. Instead, we must worry about the new people. Should they do something first?"

    Sighing, Mono responds, "I guess... get me more coffee please. It gets frustrating when people tell me to wait. "

    We shall purge the world that rightfully belongs to us. I, Loki, shall distort this land into my image.



    Ok, the deadline is September 3. Here are the actions to jog your memory.

    Turn-Ending actions
    Talk... (Talk with the person) - Will be responded to in GM post. A talk-scene will occur in a private discussion, so the player(s) can be a voice for themselves in their interaction to the NPCs/PCs.
    Attack with... (Attack with the intention of starting a fight) - Will be responded to in GM post.
    Use... (Use something, state on how you're using it. Lest it be unclear and your result won't be what you want.) - Will be responded to in GM post.
    Go to/Move to... (Go somewhere, name it. Move somewhere, name it. Else I won't know where and may just arbitrarily pick your next destination.) - Will be responded to in GM post.

    Insta-Response Actions (As instant as I can make it, at least)
    Dexterity Roll- Hide at... (Hide somewhere, use it to evade detection.) - Will be responded to instantly.
    Grab... (Grab an item, compliments hiding in cover.) - Will be responded to instantly.
    Intelligence Roll- Fix... (Attempt to fix a computer, broken down robot, or weapon.) - Will be responded to instantly.
    Intelligence Roll- Examine... (Take a more in-depth look at an object or person.) - Will be responded to instantly.
    Dexterity Roll- Shadow... (Follow someone close behind while hiding) - Will be responded to instantly.
    Charisma Roll- Approach... (Approach to interact with a CaST.) - Will be responded to instantly.
    Strength Roll- Throw... (Throw an object, it can a rock, a vial, a broken gun, etc, to grab something's attention. However it needs to be logical, as in no objects appearing out of thin air. Can start a fight.) - Will be responded to instantly.
    Charisma Roll- Persuade... (Use your words. Might lower prices, access areas, and etc... Bonus for detailed writing.) - Will be responded to instantly.
    Strength Roll- Push/Move... (Says it all. Push or move anything with enough strength.) - Will be responsed to instantly.
    Charisma Roll- Intimidate... (Scare someone off. Again, bonuses for detailed writing.) - Will be responded to instantly.
    Intelligence Roll- Hack... (Begin hacking. Must have computer or phone on character.) - Will be responded to instantly.
    Intelligence Roll- Tinker... (Begin modifying weapon with materials, able to make it stronger.) - Will be responded to instantly.

    @ReedRGale @Yin_ @Hesoca
     
    Yin_ likes this.
  2. ReedRGale

    ReedRGale Inkling Commander

    Joined:
    Jun 18, 2015
    Messages:
    331
    Likes Received:
    234
    Kant walked into the room, a little ahead of the pack. Adeline had attempted a group bonding exercise. That wouldn't be necessary. She was reasonable. Glib. Worthy. So there was no reason to study her, for now. She had given a fair first impression.

    The other, they weren't sure about. Perhaps they would see in time. It seemed to vacillate. Strong, but unstable. Stability is necessary exemplary action. To observe.

    And now the employers. An island base. Safe? Perhaps. Though it is important to gauge their true intentions. Perhaps this was a new phase for Kant. Perhaps, it wasn't. There was still much that needed to be gauged. Much to be observed.

    And so, Kant walked into the room, a little ahead of the pack. They raised a hand in greeting before returning it to scrawling in his journal. Their eyes drank in the surroundings. What was there to know?

    Examine: Mono; Luciel; Surroundings
     
    #2 ReedRGale, Aug 27, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
    Yin_ likes this.
  3. IcySetsuna

    IcySetsuna Inkling

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2017
    Messages:
    12
    Likes Received:
    35
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3190-9632-9622
    Looking around, this room was, to put it simply, a throne room. Flags donning the insignia of the Distortion line the sides, and the throne was meticulously crafted into this dragon. Yet on that throne sat an unamused octoling.

    Mono had a small size, if you wish to compare her to someone it would have to be Pearl. She had short messy tentacles with a gleaming white, but at the tips it fades into a jet black. Her right eye is black, and the other white due to heterochromia. She wears a black vest over a white dress shirt, black jeans, and white punks. As you see, she lives up to her name, Mono.

    Luciel on the other hand... for an inkling he had long flowing tentacles. The tentacles were black tipped with purple. But one of his most defining features was the marks under his eyes. A violet streak under, well, purple eyes. He wore a baggy black jacket.

    Mono and Luciel also traded looks at him, and silence was kept in the room. Until Mono broke it and said, "You must be Kant, if I am correct. Welcome to Oscuro Isle!" she said, with a smile on her face. "Now then, where is Lady Adaline and Shade? Did you go ahead of them?"
     
    Yin_ likes this.
  4. Yin_

    Yin_ Inkling Cadet

    Joined:
    Jul 30, 2017
    Messages:
    215
    Likes Received:
    466
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-2325-6454-5517
    Following Adeline into the room, Shade saw 2 octolings talking. So this was the leader of the distortion. He didn't choose the distortion, the distortion chose him.

    Deciding he didn't want to interupt, Shade stayed in the back until someone noticed him.

    Action: wait
     
  5. Hesoca

    Hesoca Full Squid

    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2015
    Messages:
    51
    Likes Received:
    65
    "Well, well! It seems I've been terribly outpaced."

    No sooner had Mono asked the question than the Lady herself appeared in the doorway, soundless and proper, a soft smile resting on her face. In her hands, she cradled her unopened Splat Brella with photogenic poise.

    "My greatest apologies for the delay, Lady Mono~." Her voice fell soft and cheery, "It was a touch of bad luck, skirting about the isle to find our darling Kant and Shade. I very nearly walked the whole shore!"

    She covered a quiet giggle with a touch of her hand, and, with an unphazed smile, stepped past the two recruits and to the room's center.

    "I suppose that is everyone you wished to speak with, yes?" She spoke lightly, "Certainly, if you are in need of any other favor, I am more than happy to oblige."

    Action: Talk (Mono)
     
    Yin_ likes this.
  6. ReedRGale

    ReedRGale Inkling Commander

    Joined:
    Jun 18, 2015
    Messages:
    331
    Likes Received:
    234
    @IcySetsuna (( Did you roll for those? I'm curious, if you didn't, will you show us our rolls for things in the future? ))

    Kant grunted an agreement.
    A fitting answer to the welcome. As the other two walked in they simply shrugged in their direction. They spoke for themselves. No words necessary.

    Attempting to fit this 'throne room' into the bigger picture, Kant recalled the rest of the building.


    Examine: Building Layout
     
    #6 ReedRGale, Aug 28, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
    Yin_ likes this.
  7. IcySetsuna

    IcySetsuna Inkling

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2017
    Messages:
    12
    Likes Received:
    35
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3190-9632-9622
    Roll- 19
    Bonus- 2
    Total- 21


    Recalling when he entered the building, he remembered there was this...lobby of some sorts. A door on the left and right was sealed shut, while two doors in front of him was wide open. While viewing the hall where the throne was, Kant was able to see two doors by the throne. But way before he entered the building it was this...mansion. Through easy elimination, he was able to conclude that those two doors must lead to some living quarters of some sort.

    Mono looks at the two new recruits, and immediately blurts out, "Oh my gosh, they look so cute~ Nice work of you again, Lady Adeline."

    Luciel on the other hand barely seems entertained. "Mono, they look... weak."

    "Oh Luciel, you need to understand, their strength doesn't even barely matter. What matters is that they are with us, and we need all we can get."

    Kant looked from Mono, then to Luciel. There was little to do but wait. So he sat. There was little to respond to. So he awaited orders.

    In the meantime, he pulled out his book. Jotting down another entry, he began:

    Entry 88:

    I have met my employers,
    he jotted. [i]The first is bubbly. Not serious; requires more analysis. Need more details on plans. The other judges based on appearances. Not wholly without its benefits. However, must see if they are capable of understanding the importance of underlings and delegation.[/i]

    He closed the journal, looking for an opportunity to add something. Surely, there was more to this recruitment.

    "Well then, now that I see you all in person, I guess I should ask why you joined?" Mono said this, while sipping her coffee. "This should help me see if we got some worthy people on our hands~"

    "A proper purge," Kant said. Their voice was raspy and dry, as if an instrument out of tune from lack of use.

    Luciel did not seem amused from that. "That is it? You ask for a 'proper purge'? You barely seem fit for one a-"

    Mono interrupts him as fast as she could, saying, "Ok, ok, ok, calm down Luciel. Do not treat our guests like that, ok?~ So Lady Adaline, wish to tell the boys why you joined us?"

    "Of course, darling~!" Lady Adaline said, a soft laugh escaping her. Not for a single second had her expression wavered, even amidst the in-fighting; perhaps she was, in some way, used to the chaos.

    With her Brella still resting in her hands, she turned to glance over her shoulder at the two recruits, a quiet smile ever-present on her face.

    "Noblesse oblige." She spoke with an air of regality. "It is an old saying, yes, but one of most dire purpose. For were it not for the sacrifices of the few, the many would fall awash in their own paucity."

    "Plainly, it is my reason for joining. Though it would be terribly ignorant to dismiss the graciousness of the Distortion in that resolve. It was by certain luck that I was taken under their auspices."

    She smiled. "Certainly, my only wish is to provide similar hospitality."

    "Now that we know each other, I guess I have to ramble about with my MONOlogue!" Saying this, Mono laughs at her own joke.

    "Our purpose is to, in simple terms, purge the world. We have intel about the Luciia Project, a company with a lousy job managing their creatio-"

    Luciel snarled at that statement.

    "I mean- let's skip that...
    So they are creating a weapon of mass destruction, known as project/Dancehall."
    Mono pulls out a blueprint for this "weapon", which happens to be... a galactic-esque satelite.

    [​IMG]

    "Now then... the reason why it looks like this is because that girl Memoire... that foolish girl. She is intelligent... yet her fantasies are too grand. Our goal is to take this weapon and, well, purify the world." She claps. "Now then, thoughts? No chance to back out~"

    Kant looked over the weapon. "Details on the purge?" they asked.

    They needed to know the weapon's purpose. Mass destruction, yes. Pinpoint? Controlled? Was it to be used strategically? Or relentlessly?

    Their notebook was ready.

    "The weapon raises the seas, so it starts at the edges of the continents, and you know the deal. The weapon by itself could raise a part of water, and that's it. But with the amplifier, otherwise project/Dancehall, we could raise more oceans by going into the air. That is why some the blueprints are UFOs, spaceships, et cetera. And I think you want to know how we will use it? We could either target Inkopolis and take out those idols, just to test out our weapon and give the world a taste of our power~"
    Mono begins to make a finger gun. "Or we could give em hell and let loose~" Her arm flings back, as if she was exaggerating the recoil.

    "Which would you prefer?" Kant rasped.

    "Hmm... if I had to choose one... why can't it be all?"

    Luciel replied, "She would use it immediately."

    "Why all?" Kant replied.

    Mono laughs. "I guess I could do it immediately~"

    "Hmmm, this seems...very interesting ..." Shade says taking a look. "This seems very complex, but how are you going to fuel just a giant ship? If the mass is multiplied by the load..." he mutters to himself in his own little world, looking it over again and again.


    Mono chuckles. "We are going to use the Great Zapfish of course! It may seem impossible to take it, but we have plans. If the Zapfish is not efficient, we have alternate ways to power this. Soooooo, Luciel has kindly made a room for you three. Your room should be in your right, in the lobby. Of course, you could enter town and brouse through the merchandise. Tomorrow, you will be going to a temple in the Nephropi region, which contains treasure that would be valuable to the isle, and you could get some yourself. We will take you there by plane. Now then, shoo, shoo. Oh, here is your bags of gold. It contains 2000 G each.

    She tosses you the bags and waves you off, and you all agreed to her. You heard her and the options she give you.

    What now?

    Wooo. First week done.

    Deadline is September 10.
     
    #7 IcySetsuna, Sep 4, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
    Hesoca and Yin_ like this.
  8. ReedRGale

    ReedRGale Inkling Commander

    Joined:
    Jun 18, 2015
    Messages:
    331
    Likes Received:
    234
    (( I'd like to note we have no money, as far as I'm aware. ))

    Mindless genocide.
    Unfortunate. The world needed a proper purge. Not a hard reset.

    But there wasn't a point in stopping yet. There was more to see. Were these people a strong force? Or a weak one? There were these two supposed leaders. But where was everyone else? It was a gigantic location. And yet Kant remembered no people.

    They made their way to their room. Neat and tidy. Ready to be used.
    Acceptable.

    The dualies they'd been promised were laid at the foot of the bed, painted in more efficient colors: a simple lime tone. The same as his preferred ink color; at the very least solo he'd have an advantage in camouflage.

    The bed itself was simple. One pillow. One comfortable blanket. More than they were used to.
    Fine, though perhaps unnecessary.

    A clock ticked on the wall, indicating evening. There was no timeframe in which they were informed to be awake. Unprofessional. Very. Very. Unprofessional. It would be most appropriate, then, to turn in early. The mission may begin in mere hours. Or it could be evening the next day.

    On the other hand...


    There was a town here, supposedly. It would probably behoove them to know the lay of the land. Turning to the clock, Kant counted the hours. There was some time to be out and about. There was some time to meditate. There was some time to sleep.

    They left their things there, now aware which room was theirs and made their way to the town.

    Go To: Mysterious Town on a Mysterious Island in What I Presume to Be the Middle of Nowhere
     
    Yin_ likes this.
  9. Yin_

    Yin_ Inkling Cadet

    Joined:
    Jul 30, 2017
    Messages:
    215
    Likes Received:
    466
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-2325-6454-5517
    Shade turned into his "blob" form and went to his room. Standard bed, standard room,that was fine for his purpose now. Turning back into regular form, he nearly tripped over a splat brella that he realized was his.

    Picking it up, he felt it was a lot lighter than other brellas.

    Examine: brella
     
  10. IcySetsuna

    IcySetsuna Inkling

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2017
    Messages:
    12
    Likes Received:
    35
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3190-9632-9622
    Roll: 13
    Bonus: 2
    Total: 15

    Taking a walk down the bridge connecting to the manor, Kant gazed at the town, which seems... simplistic, yet modern. Many inklings and octolings wander around, socializing, playing games, and more. Yet... something seemed off. But that was not of trivial matter.

    There were small houses lining the streets, yet there were three things that take the spotlight. A weapon store known as the Armory lied between two houses, one connecting to it. There were unique Splattershots on display, alongside that an Octobrush. Armor plating were on a single mannequin. On the corner stood the pharmacy, known as the Nightingale. Not much could be seen, as the windows were tinted. Finally, there lies a cafe known as Noire.

    There seems to be a pathway to a marketplace.

    Where to?

    Roll- 14
    Bonus-1
    Total- 15

    The Brella looks like a standard rate Splat Brella used in Ranked Battles, yet the material used makes the Brella lighter. The paintjob for it looks decent, and when opening the Brella, it has the Distortion insignia on the outside. The pommel is a dragon, almost the same as the insignia.

    What to do now?
     
    Yin_ likes this.
  11. ReedRGale

    ReedRGale Inkling Commander

    Joined:
    Jun 18, 2015
    Messages:
    331
    Likes Received:
    234
    (( What were you rolling for? ))

    Kant moved toward the door of the pharmacy. What kind of town would be in a remote place like this? It seemed established. Interesting. But worrying. Were these people allies? Or enemies?

    What were they even doing here?

    Go To: Pharmacy
     
    Yin_ likes this.
  12. IcySetsuna

    IcySetsuna Inkling

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2017
    Messages:
    12
    Likes Received:
    35
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3190-9632-9622
    The pharmacy was unlike any regular pharmacy, as the floor was of a spruce wood, walls were painted black, accents of brick everywhere, and shelves were not this regular steel type, instead it has nice polished wood shelves. Medicine fills the shelves, from these Buff+ to HP Pills. Tea leaves were being grown.

    In the back was a receptionist desk, and by the desk was this office and perhaps medical area. A black bob haired inkling was sitting behind the counter, playing with a pen. She was wearing a Squid Sisters shirt, and over it a black lab coat. She noticed that you were looking at her, and quickly she said, "Hello, and welcome to Nightingale. My name is Florence. If you like to know anything about this little place of mine, feel free to ask."

    What now?
     
    Yin_ likes this.
  13. Yin_

    Yin_ Inkling Cadet

    Joined:
    Jul 30, 2017
    Messages:
    215
    Likes Received:
    466
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-2325-6454-5517
    Interesting. The logo of this place is everywhere. Walking around the complex with his brella, Shade tried to find a wepon testing place. He walked around for a while and came to what he was looking for and tried the handle on the door. It was locked. He looks around to see if anyone is looking and slips under the door in his blob form. Not wanting to turn into his normal form just yet, Shade takes a look around.

    Examine: surroundings
     
  14. ReedRGale

    ReedRGale Inkling Commander

    Joined:
    Jun 18, 2015
    Messages:
    331
    Likes Received:
    234
    (( Is it possible to just get a list of things? ))

    The floorboards creaked with each step. It felt wrong. Floors should clack. Not creak.

    Kant missed home. Kant missed solitude.

    "Inventory?" he rasped. Realizing that might not be sufficient, he added, "what do you carry?"

    Ask For: Inventory of Items
     
    Yin_ likes this.

Share This Page

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

We know you don't like ads
Why not buy Premium?