• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Luciia Project/OOC Thread

Is this good?

• Yee.

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Nee.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Deus Vult.

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Heretic.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

IcySetsuna

Inkling
Hello, I would like to show you all an idea that I have been working on with help from people, the Luciia Project.

As you were walking to the local coffee shop, someone in a blue blazer gives you a single page brochure. Out of curiosity, you began to read what is on this laminated piece of paper.

The Sapphire Institute is an academy with the intentions of teaching both Inklings and Octolings alike.

Our goal is to let those who attend not just to be educated, but trained in the art of Turf Wars and more. We pride ourselves in the spirit of battle.

Upon teaching our students, we also provide incentive to many entertaing places to visit, such as the metropolitan city of Takioya, the desert ruins of Nephropi, the coastal breeze of Oceanus, and more.

We hope you come to join us in the Sapphire Institute.

Two inklings, one wearing a dress shirt, another wearing the lab coats given by the Project, stand in front of this capsule filled with synthetic ink.

ACTIVATING...
RUNNING CORE
luciel.exe ACTIVATED

"Oi, what the hell is going on there?" The ink begins to bubble in a mad frenzy, then a glow slowly emits.

"I dunno man... Luciel was supposed to be deactivated a long time ago."

"Wait, hol' up. I'm new to this. Explain who this Luciel is."

"Well... it is made from an inkling who offered to become a husk, if you will. With the husk, we were able to implant Luciel, an advanced AI which is supposed to be stronger than Luciia. But then once we put it to our tests, he questioned why it was made. You see, the goal of Luciia is that she shall keep the peace of the world. The same goes for here, yet this AI... it just wants to feel life. We said it was made for peace. And it just said why. And one person, as a joke, said that our species are corrupt and destroy everything. Now you know why Test Chamber 0.1 exploded. The AI was able to identify the weaknesses of the chamber. Hell, he also killed two of our greatest men. And that is why we set him to-"

Immediately the capsule explodes, and the inkling known as Luciel jumps out. One of the scientists sent to monitor his vitals has died.

Swiftly, Luciel grabs the dress shirt from the corpse.
"Wa-ait, we could talk through this- you don't have to..."
The inkling dies out.

Scanning...one vital sign detected. ELIMINATE.

An octoling seems to be standing in front of him. Upon closer inspection, it was a girl. White tentacles tipped with black. A white dress shirt under a black vest. Her eyes look at the husk.
"Now, now, we don't have to get violent here."

In response to her attempts at making peace, Luciel responds,
"Tell me, why have I been awoken after a year? Speak now or I will make sure you are dead as these two inklings."
"Ah, calm down. I have awoken you because I have a request for you. Join us, the Distortion. We seek to alter the world from those filthy commoners who reject us."

Memory Card_Access Granted
>Creation
=>Test
Running Memory...

"...I accept."
"Wise choice, Luciel. I am known as Mono, but everyone calls me by my other name, Loki. And you. You shall be known not as Luciel, but as Lucifer."

Now then, you might be thinking. Wait, two intro stories? Whaaaaaat? This is where my experiment comes in.
Instead of one IC thread, we shall create two. Each person in their respective faction shall post in that thread. Oh, I should be writing down their info right?

Leader:
Headmaster Masurao
Goals:
To scout the land and fight against threats.
Story:
Hidden under the Sapphire Institute, the Glacier Syndicate focuses on scouting land due to rising sea levels. Created by the stoic Masurao, the Syndicate looks for mercenaries that seek to join. But when the world lack mercenaries, the Syndicate looks at the Institute to have the finest members made for combat.

Leader:
Mono (A.K.A. "Loki")
Goals:
To purge the world of impurities.
Story:
The Distortion rest on an island, where lies their own "Knights of the Royal Table", known as the Liberators. They have their eyes on the Luciia Project, which contain one of their weapons known as Project/dancehall. Known to raise and lower sea levels, they wish to get their hands on it.

These factions can hinder each others progress. For ex.
Say the Distortion was about to steal the Project/dancehall. If the Syndicate appears to protect it, the Distortion can not get it.
Basically, your decisions matter in this RP. Time is both your friend and enemy.
Now that you know about the factions, its time to explain actions. There are two types of actions, battle and regular. Along with regular actions there are insta-response actions and GM-post actions. You have a deadline (which is usually a week).

Turn-Ending actions
Talk... (Talk with the person) - Will be responded to in GM post. A talk-scene will occur in a private discussion, so the player(s) can be a voice for themselves in their interaction to the NPCs/PCs.
Attack with... (Attack with the intention of starting a fight) - Will be responded to in GM post.
Use... (Use something, state on how you're using it. Lest it be unclear and your result won't be what you want.) - Will be responded to in GM post.
Go to/Move to... (Go somewhere, name it. Move somewhere, name it. Else I won't know where and may just arbitrarily pick your next destination.) - Will be responded to in GM post.

Insta-Response Actions (As instant as I can make it, at least)
Dexterity Roll- Hide at... (Hide somewhere, use it to evade detection.) - Will be responded to instantly.
Grab... (Grab an item, compliments hiding in cover.) - Will be responded to instantly.
Intelligence Roll- Fix... (Attempt to fix a computer, broken down robot, or weapon.) - Will be responded to instantly.
Intelligence Roll- Examine... (Take a more in-depth look at an object or person.) - Will be responded to instantly.
Dexterity Roll- Shadow... (Follow someone close behind while hiding) - Will be responded to instantly.
Charisma Roll- Approach... (Approach to interact with a CaST.) - Will be responded to instantly.
Strength Roll- Throw... (Throw an object, it can a rock, a vial, a broken gun, etc, to grab something's attention. However it needs to be logical, as in no objects appearing out of thin air. Can start a fight.) - Will be responded to instantly.
Charisma Roll- Persuade... (Use your words. Might lower prices, access areas, and etc... Bonus for detailed writing.) - Will be responded to instantly.
Strength Roll- Push/Move... (Says it all. Push or move anything with enough strength.) - Will be responsed to instantly.
Charisma Roll- Intimidate... (Scare someone off. Again, bonuses for detailed writing.) - Will be responded to instantly.
Intelligence Roll- Hack... (Begin hacking. Must have computer or phone on character.) - Will be responded to instantly.
Intelligence Roll- Tinker... (Begin modifying weapon with materials, able to make it stronger.) - Will be responded to instantly.

For combat, just like Octo Lab, you have 2 AP.

Use Main - Uses main weapon. Can not be used with Use Sub and Use Special.
Use Sub - Uses sub weapon. Can not be used with Use Main and Use Special.
Break - Melee attack, decreases enemy DEF by 3. Could be used in the beginning, then every 5 turns.
Use Special - Uses special. Refills ink tank. Can not be used with Use Main and Use Sub. Can only be used when special gauge fills up, usually 5 turns during battle. Special charge is kept throughout battles.
Charge - Charges for a charged shot, fling, or umbrella release. Can only be used once a turn.
Use Item - Uses item. Can be used two times.
Defend - Defend increases defense by 20% and dodge by 20%.
Block - Block increases defense by 40%. Only available to Splatbrellas.
Roll - Roll increases dodge by 40%. Only available to Dualies.
Ink Area - Inks area. Hinders enemy defense and dexterity by 10%.
Ink Recovery - Recovers 20% of ink.
Hide - Hide in ink or behind/in something. Based on DEX.
Vision - INT based. View the battlefield, a good counter to Hide.
Move - Move towards the enemy by one rank. Ranks are Close>Mid>Long>Very Long.
Run - Run away, but enemy might go after you.

Now, stats. There are five kinds of stats for inklings/octolings.
Strength- Increases break chance, ink damage, strength based rolls.
Intelligence- Increases accuracy, tinkering, and intelligence based rolls.
Dexterity- Increases dodge, run, move, and dexterity based rolls.
Defense- Increases defend and ink tank.
Charisma- Increases turn priority and charisma based rolls.

These are the weapon stats.
Power- The power of your weapon. Strength increases it. Some weapons increase their power by other stats as well, you just need to find out -wink-
Range- The range of your weapon. Not measured in a number, but with descriptions, like short ranged. Intelligence increases range.
Accuracy- How accurate it is. Dexterity increases it.

Weapon Stats made by @ReedRGale

Here are the modifier bonuses.
Ex. (Number)-(Number) is the stat range to get that bonus. =(number) is the bonus.

1-3= 0
4-7= 1
8-11= 2
12-15= 3
16-19= 4
20-23= 5
24-27=6
28-31= 7
32-35= 8
36-39= 9
40-43= 10
44-47= 11
48-50= 12

Each person begins with 15 HP, 3 Resurrections, base stats of 3, and 10 stat points.
Level cap is 20, and stat cap is 50.
You level by completing missions, side missions, and defeating enemies. Every time you level up, you gain 5 stat points.

Whoops, forgot the Resurrections. Everytime you reach a town, you gain a Res. If you lose all Resurrections, you come back to the base. There you will be stuck until one person reaches town safely.

Now, your character sheet.

Name: [insert name.jpg]
Race: [Inkling or Octoling? Or something else?]
Personality: [Your character’s personality, include negatives and positives and an overall explanation.]
Appearance: [What your character looks like and stuff, has no influence on the RP but it helps with a mental image, y’know? Tall, buff , skinny, chubby, average, white, black, hoodie, anything really. Pictures are also good.]
Backstory: [What made your character who they are? Defining events and turning points? Where did they grow up? Who was important in their life?]
Stats: [Base stat is 3, and you have 10 points to allocate. It should look kinda like this:
STR-3
INT-3
DEX-3
DEF-3
CHAR-3]
Favorite Weapon: [Vanilla weapons. This will be your characters weapon.]
Faction: [The most important thing (other than stats, of course.) Choose wisely.]

This is a first experience for me, so I hope you guys could enjoy it!

Accepted Applicants-

Luciia Project/syndicate
1. MacSmitty as Evan Lockhart
2. Aykorn as Gwenora Reese
3. Rustic as Symbios - 1080

Luciia Project/distortion
1. ReedRGale as Kant
2. Yin as Shade
3. Hescoa as Lady Adaline

Last edited:

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
I hope the best for this. If there is anything that I am flubbing up or doing that will make things more difficult for you, let me know. However, I look forward to participating.

Gameplay Related:

Stats:

STR: 3
INT: 8
DEX: 8
DEF: 3
CHAR: 3

Favorite Weapon:

Splat Dualies

Faction:

Distortion

Character Related:

Name: Kant
Race: Octoling

Personality:
Kant is a quiet one. Despite this, they always manage to get their point across. They aren't afraid of taking extreme action if it is required to achieve a goal. Speaking of goals, Kant gets obsessed rather quickly. That, combined with their own brand of justice, makes them a quiet extremist, going the distance to bring about a world they believe is better than the one they live in now. Otherwise, Kant is naturally curious, and is always excited to learn how things work, constantly amazed at the geniuses that made the world what it is... despite society, which holds them back.

Appearance:
Kant is tall, though lanky might be a better word. They're always wearing baggy shirts with no logo; plain things. Their pants are serviceable, comfortable and never lacking in pockets which seem to contain all manner of basic tools, particularly a big journal which barely fits in their pants and a green pen which they jot notes with. Their eyes are brown and tentacles are tied up in a bun to keep out of their eyes. Olive skin. Emerald ink.

Backstory:
Entry 87:

I have run out of space in this journal. Just as well. I believe this will be my last entry before a serious turn in my life. Poetic.

I believe I have found people I agree with. I believe I have found people with potential. Together we will make a new world. A world in which no one will suffer.

I am excited but I am no fool. I fear I cannot write their names. Not here. There must be no records. I should burn this journal, but I fear I am too attached to do so. Yet that is what makes me sentient: attachment to that which is not necessary. A burden, but one I take on gladly.

About attachment, it is sad, but I must leave this place. My home. My journal must be left with it. To represent a passing of phases. Of beginning anew.

I will miss this solitude. It was a reprieve.

But no longer. I can't hide forever. The world must change. I must aide in that.

I have written before that sometimes, action must be taken for the sake of the world. That one must sacrifice their personal peace to improve things for the potential of others. So that the exceptional may thrive, the world must change. Now is the time. This is the place. I am ready to begin my work.

I pray I make the right decision.

I pray for many things.

Last edited:

IcySetsuna

Inkling
I hope the best for this. If there is anything that I am flubbing up or doing that will make things more difficult for you, let me know. However, I look forward to participating.

Gameplay Related:

Stats:

STR: 4
INT: 8
DEX: 7
DEF: 3
CHAR: 3

Favorite Weapon:

Blaster

Faction:

Distortion

Character Related:

Name: Kant

Personality:
Kant is a quiet one. Despite this, they always manage to get their point across. They aren't afraid of taking extreme action if it is required to achieve a goal. Speaking of goals, Kant gets obsessed rather quickly. That, combined with their own brand of justice, makes them a quiet extremist, going the distance to bring about a world they believe is better than the one they live in now. Otherwise, Kant is naturally curious, and is always excited to learn how things work, constantly amazed at the geniuses that made the world what it is... despite society, which holds them back.

Appearance:
Kant is tall, though lanky might be a better word. They're always wearing baggy shirts with no logo; plain things. Their pants are serviceable, comfortable and never lacking in pockets which seem to contain all manner of basic tools, particularly a big journal which barely fits in their pants and a green pen which they jot notes with. Their eyes are brown and tentacles are tied up in a bun to keep out of their eyes. Olive skin. Emerald ink.

Backstory:
Entry 87:

I have run out of space in this journal. Just as well. I believe this will be my last entry before a serious turn in my life. Poetic.

I believe I have found people I agree with. I believe I have found people with potential. Together we will make a new world. A world in which no one will suffer.

I am excited but I am no fool. I fear I cannot write their names. Not here. There must be no records. I should burn this journal, but I fear I am too attached to do so. Yet that is what makes me sentient: attachment to that which is not necessary. A burden, but one I take on gladly.

About attachment, it is sad, but I must leave this place. My home. My journal must be left with it. To represent a passing of phases. Of beginning anew.

I will miss this solitude. It was a reprieve.

But no longer. I can't hide forever. The world must change. I must aide in that.

I have written before that sometimes, action must be taken for the sake of the world. That one must sacrifice their personal peace to improve things for the potential of others. So that the exceptional may thrive, the world must change. Now is the time. This is the place. I am ready to begin my work.

I pray I make the right decision.

I pray for many things.

Oh my god. I am currently grinning like an idiot. Considering you are the first character sheet and all... This character fits into the Distortion really well. Well then, we shall wait for three more. I wish the best of luck to your faction.

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
Hope this is good enough.
Full Name: Evan Lockhart
Primary Turf Weapon: N-Zap '89, Octobrush Nouveau, Rapid Blaster Deco.
Dream Job: Composer/Musician
Appearance: His ink color is teal, and he wears Noise Cancelers based in his color everywhere. His traditional shirt attire consists of a Olive Ski Jacket that has a funnel big enough for him to cover his mouth. As for his shoes, he wears the Punk Whites. He also has very slender muscles and Inkling hair that is long enough to cover his eyes, (a character tic that will be explained in the "personality" description.)
Personality: In General: Evan is a kuudere, so he's generally blunt and has brutal honesty, along with acting like he's emotionless, key word being "acting". A character tic he does is cover his eyes and mouth with his hair and funnel like http://images.khinsider.com/The World Ends With You/Artwork/Mugshots/Neku10.png He does have some nicer moments when spoken to, but will keep a dull facade at most times. He tries to be a good kid and stay out of trouble but trouble loves Evan.
Positives: He can a general nice guy when he needs to be, especially to those that know him really well. Doesn't let his emotions get the best of him. If something is bothering someone, he'll usually be the first person to ask what's wrong.
Negatives: Has a bad reputation due his status of being a person who recently got out of Juvenile Hall and for having a "threatening" look. He's a combat pragmatist, so he'll do some really dirty tricks in order to win a fight, unless its Turf Wars and Ranked Battles, which makes people question him morally. His emotionless facade often causes a bad first impression to others.

Hobbies: Generally listens and composes music of his own, as music is one of the few things that can actually bring a smile on his face. Other than that, he usually goes to gym keep his body in shape.
Backstory: Originally Evan was a very emotional personal person. It was easy to impress him or to get on his nerves, and the latter kept on happening very often with classmates and family. At one point, a group of bullies made him lash out and resulting 3 nearly dead Inklings when he was 13 years old. After being taken to Juvenile Hall and a social worker, he maintained an emotionless facade, which may fall depending on the situation due to his highly emotional behavior prior to being convicted. A few weeks after being released, he enters the Sapphire Institute in order to enhance his skills.
Faction: Syndicate

Stats
STR-6
INT-4
DEX-5
DEF-7
CHAR-3
Edit: Fixed Stats.

Last edited:

IcySetsuna

Inkling
Hope this is good enough.
Full Name: Evan Lockhart
Primary Turf Weapon: N-Zap '89, Octobrush Nouveau, Rapid Blaster Deco.
Dream Job: Composer/Musician
Appearance: His ink color is teal, and he wears Noise Cancelers based in his color everywhere. His traditional shirt attire consists of a Olive Ski Jacket that has a funnel big enough for him to cover his mouth. As for his shoes, he wears the Punk Whites. He also has very slender muscles and Inkling hair that is long enough to cover his eyes, (a character tic that will be explained in the "personality" description.)
Personality: In General: Evan is a kuudere, so he's generally blunt and has brutal honesty, along with acting like he's emotionless, key word being "acting". A character tic he does is cover his eyes and mouth with his hair and funnel like http://images.khinsider.com/The World Ends With You/Artwork/Mugshots/Neku10.png He does have some nicer moments when spoken to, but will keep a dull facade at most times.
Positives: He can a general nice guy when he needs to be, especially to those that know him really well. Doesn't let his emotions get the best of him. If something is bothering someone, he'll usually be the first person to ask what's wrong.
Negatives: Has a bad reputation due his status of being a person who recently got out of Juvenile Hall and for having a "threatening" look. He's a combat pragmatist, so he'll do some really dirty tricks in order to win a fight, unless its Turf Wars and Ranked Battles, which makes people question him morally. His emotionless facade often causes a bad first impression to others.

Hobbies: Generally listens and composes music of his own, as music is one of the few things that can actually bring a smile on his face. Other than that, he usually goes to gym keep his body in shape.
Backstory: Originally Evan was a very emotional personal person. It was easy to impress him or to get on his nerves, and the latter kept on happening very often with classmates and family. At one point, a group of bullies made him lash out and resulting 3 nearly dead Inklings when he was 13 years old. After being taken to Juvenile Hall and a social worker, he maintained an emotionless facade, which may fall depending on the situation due to his highly emotional behavior prior to being convicted. A few weeks after being released, he enters the Sapphire Institute in order to enhance his skills.
Faction: Syndicate

Stats
STR-9
INT-8
DEX-8
DEF-7
CHAR-4
Ohhhh boy. Masurao is going to have a keen eye on you. Well, your character is perfect for the Syndicate. Now we shall wait for the other four. I wish your faction the best of luck.

Did I say FOUR instead of THREE? WWHAAAAAAA
Well yes. Time to get my hands dirty. Added one slot to each side.

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
'Aight, I have been indecisive long enough. Tell me if there's anything I should edit! plz check the appearance, there's actually an important thing there

Name:
Gwenora Reese (Responds to 'Gwen' and 'Nora' though!)

Race:
Octoling

Personality:
Gwenora comes off as loose, nonchalant and friendly to people she meets. She can be a tad persuasive, especially when she needs small favors or temporary assistants so it's not uncommon for people to get recruited into helping with odd machining projects before they know what's happened to them. Gwenora is confident about her wits, her skills and the value of her work, but she'd rather avoid confrontation if possible, settling things with deals instead. She's a good judge of what's practical and when a situation calls for her to be serious. When she's focused, Gwen is easily lost in her work, sometimes forgetting to take care of herself and consider others.

Appearance:
A large front tentacles obscures Gwenora's eyes, but, for sure, she's usually wearing an amused grin. Her purple tentacles fall a little past her shoulder when she doesn't tie them back. Gwen's pretty fit, and has a surprising amount of arm strength.

For her usual look, Gwen wears a slightly over-sized black, leather jacket over a grey logo'd tank-top. She also wears a canvas belt and faded green cargo shorts with no shortage of pockets, perfect for holding various pocket-sized hand tools. Her look is complete by classic Octarian combat boots. When she isn't out and about, Gwen wears her favorite Urchins baseball cap with whatever sweat pants and lounge clothes she's wearing.

Right. Gwenora is an amputee from her left elbow down. She's missing her left forearm and hand. When outside, she might be wearing a variety of simple prosthetics or modified tools, but not a functional hand replacement (those cost too much). In octopus form, one of her arms is a bit shorter than the rest, too.

[For battle, Gwen keeps some sort of strap around herself and her main weapon so that she can drop or collapse it when she needs to use subs or specials, then easily retrieve it. While most weapons are still usable with 1 hand, she definitely cannot make use of splat dualies.]

Backstory:
Carrying the legacy of Octoweapon engineers in her ink, Gwenora is a skilled mechanic and tinkerer.

Having worked in her 'grandpappy's' shop for years, assembling and dismantling any device she could get her hands on, Gwen's picked up an invaluable set of skills and a life passion. The knowledge is practical for maintaining her motorbike and DIY projects, but she felt limited by how ordinary her work was, even at it's most daring. Her odd and sometimes impractical projects were on a budget due to her humble circumstances, and she could feel the lack of challenge stagnating her ideas.

Now, the Sapphire Institute? There's a chance too good to pass up. The top-notch facilities and incentive to travel? She'd have state of the art technology to borrow and worldy knowledge for inspiration. Education wasn't a bad deal, too. Her mission: absorb what she could from institute and from it, machine something truly amazing.

Stats:
STR-4
INT-7
DEX-4
DEF-4
CHAR-6

Favorite Weapon:
Jet Squelcher

Faction:
Syndicate

Last edited:

IcySetsuna

Inkling
'Aight, I have been indecisive long enough. Tell me if there's anything I should edit! plz check the appearance, there's actually an important thing there

Name:
Gwenora Reese (Responds to 'Gwen' and 'Nora' though!)

Race:
Octoling

Personality:
Gwenora comes off as loose, nonchalant and friendly to people she meets. She can be a tad persuasive, especially when she needs small favors or temporary assistants so it's not uncommon for people to get recruited into helping with odd machining projects before they know what's happened to them. Gwenora is confident about her wits, her skills and the value of her work, but she'd rather avoid confrontation if possible, settling things with deals instead. She's a good judge of what's practical and when a situation calls for her to be serious. When she's focused, Gwen is easily lost in her work, sometimes forgetting to take care of herself and consider others.

Appearance:
A large front tentacles obscures Gwenora's eyes, but, for sure, she's usually wearing an amused grin. Her purple tentacles fall a little past her shoulder when she doesn't tie them back. Gwen's pretty fit, and has a surprising amount of arm strength.

For her usual look, Gwen wears a slightly over-sized black, leather jacket over a grey logo'd tank-top. She also wears a canvas belt and faded green cargo shorts with no shortage of pockets, perfect for holding various pocket-sized hand tools. Her look is complete by classic Octarian combat boots. When she isn't out and about, Gwen wears her favorite Urchins baseball cap with whatever sweat pants and lounge clothes she's wearing.

Right. Gwenora is an amputee from her left elbow down. She's missing her left forearm and hand. When outside, she might be wearing a variety of simple prosthetics or modified tools, but not a functional hand replacement (those cost too much). In octopus form, one of her arms is a bit shorter than the rest, too.

[For battle, Gwen keeps some sort of strap around herself and her main weapon so that she can drop or collapse it when she needs to use subs or specials, then easily retrieve it. While most weapons are still usable with 1 hand, she definitely cannot make use of splat dualies.]

Backstory:
Carrying the legacy of Octoweapon engineers in her ink, Gwenora is a skilled mechanic and tinkerer.

Having worked in her 'grandpappy's' shop for years, assembling and dismantling any device she could get her hands on, Gwen's picked up an invaluable set of skills and a life passion. The knowledge is practical for maintaining her motorbike and DIY projects, but she felt limited by how ordinary her work was, even at it's most daring. Her odd and sometimes impractical projects were on a budget due to her humble circumstances, and she could feel the lack of challenge stagnating her ideas.

Now, the Sapphire Institute? There's a chance too good to pass up. The top-notch facilities and incentive to travel? She'd have state of the art technology to borrow and worldy knowledge for inspiration. Education wasn't a bad deal, too. Her mission: absorb what she could from institute and from it, machine something truly amazing.

Stats:
STR-5
INT-7
DEX-4
DEF-3
CHAR-6

Favorite Weapon:
Jet Squelcher

Faction:
Syndicate
I love this character. I guess you could say she could single-handedly beat a whole ARMy right? Right?

ill roll back into my hole

You are accepted into the Syndicate. Good luck to your faction. Now we shall wait for the other three.

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
Shade
Race: Basicly a inkling but turned into a unstable form that basically leaks ink.
Apearence: No real appearance, but is a inkling that is surrounded by some ink at all time. Can be seen as just a blob of ink with two white eyes staring out of it, or can be seen as a inkling with ink running off of him.
Backstory: Shade was a regular inkling until he was taken and infused with some dark matter through surgery because they we're trying to make a inkling stronger and faster than ever before. That dark matter at his core turned him into the unstable form he is now. He was used for testing dangerous procedures from the OGMO (Octavian genetic modification orginazation) because of his ability to reach with his inky blackness. But soon he started to become more aware of himself, and escaped to inkopolis. He stayed in the alley until he could turn into a inkling, then went out and tried to fit in. He was a little awkward at first, but eventually he worked his way up to ranked and enjoyed it a lot. The inklings liked him and helped him along. Even the shop keepers let him in before he was "fresh" enough. But then the incident happened. One day, he was playing in turf wars, just as normal. But then one of the inklings insulted him and the inkling pushed him too far. So far that he could barley think and went full rage mode and killed him. . He was banished from inkopolis. He found out about distortion faction and he joined.
Stats:
STR-6
INT-4
DEX-6
DEF-5
CHAR-4
Wepon: splat brella
Faction: distortion

Hesoca

Full Squid
Yo! Here's that SU, finally. Lemme know if there's anything that's gotta be changed, or that would be useful to add. I have yet to proofread so I apologize in advance for the length and rambling.

Name: Lady Adaline, "Sister"
Favorite Weapon: Splat Brella
Faction: Distortion

Appearance: Adaline is an Octoling of waif-like figure, one marked by an air of daintiness and reform. Don't let her looks fool you, however; despite her frame, she is one of the sturdiest members of her division, hardened by a regimen of rigorous training and passionate sacrifice for her family.

Her formalities extend into her demeanor. In all her movements and expressions she maintains a feeling of ease and beauty. Her eyes, a sparkling lavender, shimmer with elegant softness, and her dull blue hair bounces with the spring of her steps. Naturally, her attire accentuates this regality: a wide brim hat, decorated by a small bow, rests on her head, coupled by a set of pearl earrings, a modified (and more refined) School Uniform Jacket, and a pair of dark ankle boots.

Personality: Adaline is a woman of refinement confined in the body of a charming young girl. A product of old and new money, she holds herself with the eloquency of a seasoned socialite, sharp and stately in every action. Perhaps, then, her mannerisms appear old fashioned (certainly, her peculiar form of speech and penchant for the word "darling" have garnered the ire of some.) Yet her every action is done for the sake of endearing persona. Indeed, it would be remiss of her to portray herself as anything but inscrutable.

In this way, her nature breeds manipulation into each of her decisions; her sharp wit, combined with a knack for understanding the foundations of one's beliefs and purpose, lends her incredible skill in influencing the behavior of her peers. Often, this power manifests in the planting of ideals, drawing to the mind of others simple suggestions through which they have the benefit of accepting. That is not to say she is untrustworthy; rather, she is a great listener and a master of secrecy, and her reputation as such draws many looking for conversation.

In everything, she acts with purpose -- and this is true of her manipulation, as well. Indeed, her actions are motivated by one passion: her family. To her, family is not comprised of blood connections, but close bonds and passionate ideals. Anyone is open to join, and those that do will find the comfort of knowing that she is on their side. Her family is everything, and she would do anything for them.

She is not a fighter; rather, she wields the Brella as a form of protection, shielding her precious family from harm. In many things, she prefers conversation, and this is true of her combatants, and it is not uncommon for her to invite her opponents to a cup of tea to discuss any matters over which they might disagree.

Backstory: Adaline was born into a family of five -- and shortly adopted into a family of four. Though she never knew her true parents, the family that she joined treated her as if she was one of their own. "Close-knit" couldn't come close to describing them; they were always together, ready to sacrifice all they had for the sake of each other's happiness. To Adaline, they were everything, and she could not dream of a world in which they would be apart.

Nonetheless, worlds may change, and for Adaline, this change came in form of an inheritance. Her parents, while not rich in their own right, came from those who eventually were, and the money that poured down after their sudden passing left her family with more than they would ever need. They transitioned to high living, and with the transition came the transition to high culture. The rich of that neighborhood didn't act with the mannerisms of the common people -- that was simply above them -- and they demanded, both implicitly and explicitly, that Adaline's family follow in their footsteps. She struggled to fit in, able only to find a common interest within her own family. Yet this relationship deteriorated as well, and the members of her family, out of a love for things not herself, drifted to follow the lifestyle she failed to understand.

In a fit, she left them, too, looking for family in every place she could find. Her reputation was her greatest weakness; she was too wealthy for her old friends, too commonplace for her new. Loneliness took her search farther, and farther, until she met those who would take her to her new family, the Distortion. It was there, under the combined resolve of those that followed its banner, that she found the closeness she was looking for.

Nowadays, she is a valuable recruiter of the Distortion, and an equally valuable mercenary -- when she needs to be.

Stats:
STR-3
INT-5
DEX-3
DEF-6
CHAR-8

Last edited:

IcySetsuna

Inkling
Shade
Race: Basicly a inkling but turned into a unstable form that basically leaks ink.
Apearence: No real appearance, but is a inkling that is surrounded by some ink at all time. Can be seen as just a blob of ink with two white eyes staring out of it, or can be seen as a inkling with ink running off of him.
Backstory: Shade was a regular inkling until he was taken and infused with some dark matter through surgery because they we're trying to make a inkling stronger and faster than ever before. That dark matter at his core turned him into the unstable form he is now. He was used for testing dangerous procedures from the OGMO (Octavian genetic modification orginazation) because of his ability to reach with his inky blackness. But soon he started to become more aware of himself, and escaped to inkopolis. He stayed in the alley until he could turn into a inkling, then went out and tried to fit in. He was a little awkward at first, but eventually he worked his way up to ranked and enjoyed it a lot. The inklings liked him and helped him along. Even the shop keepers let him in before he was "fresh" enough. But then the incident happened. One day, he was playing in turf wars, just as normal. But then one of the inklings insulted him and the inkling pushed him too far. So far that he could barley think and went full rage mode and killed him. . He was banished from inkopolis. He found out about distortion faction and he joined.
Stats:
STR-6
INT-4
DEX-6
DEF-5
CHAR-4
Wepon: splat brella
Faction: distortion
Yo! Here's that SU, finally. Lemme know if there's anything that's gotta be changed, or that would be useful to add. I have yet to proofread so I apologize in advance for the length and rambling.

Name: Lady Adaline, "Sister"
Favorite Weapon: Splat Brella
Faction: Distortion

Appearance: Adaline is an Octoling of waif-like figure, one marked by an air of daintiness and reform. Don't let her looks fool you, however; despite her frame, she is one of the sturdiest members of her division, hardened by a regimen of rigorous training and passionate sacrifice for her family.

Her formalities extend into her demeanor. In all her movements and expressions she maintains a feeling of ease and beauty. Her eyes, a sparkling lavender, shimmer with elegant softness, and her dull blue hair bounces with the spring of her steps. Naturally, her attire accentuates this regality: a wide brim hat, decorated by a small bow, rests on her head, coupled by a set of pearl earrings, a modified (and more refined) School Uniform Jacket, and a pair of dark ankle boots.

Personality: Adaline is a woman of refinement confined in the body of a charming young girl. A product of old and new money, she holds herself with the eloquency of a seasoned socialite, sharp and stately in every action. Perhaps, then, her mannerisms appear old fashioned (certainly, her peculiar form of speech and penchant for the word "darling" have garnered the ire of some.) Yet her every action is done for the sake of endearing persona. Indeed, it would be remiss of her to portray herself as anything but inscrutable.

In this way, her nature breeds manipulation into each of her decisions; her sharp wit, combined with a knack for understanding the foundations of one's beliefs and purpose, lends her incredible skill in influencing the behavior of her peers. Often, this power manifests in the planting of ideals, drawing to the mind of others simple suggestions through which they have the benefit of accepting. That is not to say she is untrustworthy; rather, she is a great listener and a master of secrecy, and her reputation as such draws many looking for conversation.

In everything, she acts with purpose -- and this is true of her manipulation, as well. Indeed, her actions are motivated by one passion: her family. To her, family is not comprised of blood connections, but close bonds and passionate ideals. Anyone is open to join, and those that do will find the comfort of knowing that she is on their side. Her family is everything, and she would do anything for them.

She is not a fighter; rather, she wields the Brella as a form of protection, shielding her precious family from harm. In many things, she prefers conversation, and this is true of her combatants, and it is not uncommon for her to invite her opponents to a cup of tea to discuss any matters over which they might disagree.

Backstory: Adaline was born into a family of five -- and shortly adopted into a family of four. Though she never knew her true parents, the family that she joined treated her as if she was one of their own. "Close-knit" couldn't come close to describing them; they were always together, ready to sacrifice all they had for the sake of each other's happiness. To Adaline, they were everything, and she could not dream of a world in which they would be apart.

Nonetheless, worlds may change, and for Adaline, this change came in form of an inheritance. Her parents, while not rich in their own right, came from those who eventually were, and the money that poured down after their sudden passing left her family with more than they would ever need. They transitioned to high living, and with the transition came the transition to high culture. The rich of that neighborhood didn't act with the mannerisms of the common people -- that was simply above them -- and they demanded, both implicitly and explicitly, that Adaline's family follow in their footsteps. She struggled to fit in, able only to find a common interest within her own family. Yet this relationship deteriorated as well, and the members of her family, out of a love for things not herself, drifted to follow the lifestyle she failed to understand.

In a fit, she left them, too, looking for family in every place she could find. Her reputation was her greatest weakness; she was too wealthy for her old friends, too commonplace for her new. Loneliness took her search farther, and farther, until she met those who would take her to her new family, the Distortion. It was there, under the combined resolve of those that followed its banner, that she found the closeness she was looking for.

Nowadays, she is a valuable recruiter of the Distortion, and an equally valuable mercenary -- when she needs to be.

Stats:
STR-3
INT-5
DEX-3
DEF-6
CHAR-8
OOOOHHHHH BOOOOIIIII TWO DISTORTION MEMBERS.
Yin-
Well, your character is good for the Distortion. Just a bit worried about the black inky reach and rage mode, but those aside you have something good going on ^^

Hescoa-
Oh my, is that a character of royalty? Very nice for the faction.

Welcome to the Distortion, and I wish for the best for you.
One more person for the Syndicate.
But who?

Rustic

Inkling Commander
NOW THEN, IT IS TIME FOR ANOTHER CRUSADE.

Name: 2YNB10S-1080 (Synbios-1080)
Race: Robot!

Appearance: Synbios is a tall(exactly 7 ft) bipedal robot of large and bulky shape. The plating that constitutes his body is painted red, shaped in a style similar to a knight of old. Most of its plating is not quite cared for properly and are actually scarred and battered from a battle it doesn't recall. The robot has banners draped from metal faulds on his hips, faded and stained so much that whatever was on it previously has disappeared to time.

Aside from the wear-and-tear of his body. Synbios typically wears a black scarf around his neck, long and flowing behind him like a cape. The end of it is somewhat damaged and torn. Along with a beige, unlabeled surcoat which runs down behind him again, still showing the banners hanging off the front-faulds.

Backstory: Synbios' life began within a factory way long before any the Syndicate or Distortion ever came to be. Constructed in secret, he was the only one produced of his kind as a result of an experiment in which he was actually left inactive for over fifty five years, as a result when it awoke to the factory being abandoned with all of the staff missing.
Curious, he wandered towards one of the terminals left active by one of the scientists there and suddenly he was overcome with visions of some kind.

The visions were incomprehensible to him, almost completely unable to understand even a single bit of it. He got one message from it about a divine being of some kind, mighty and all-knowing, gifting him with knowledge about It. It being a mighty creation from ages past, bequeathing powers and knowledge to many other beings such as himself.

First among them were the divinity of technology and intelligence, preserving knowledge from previous times to keep everything going. As a result, to Synbios, all the technology in the world is considered a holy object. But one was projected into his mind so much more than any other. The robot learned of a magnificent device that had the power to shift the seas themselves. Which showed ancient ruins and constructs of a previous civilization, which used technology far more advanced than the ones that the Inklings and Octarians had.

However, the sudden influx of knowledge flooding into his cranium had overloaded his ill-prepared circuitry and nearly sent him unto his newfound god.

Which confused him and sent him into a fanatical state for exactly thirty minutes as he tore through the empty factory and stumbled outside into the new world. Unfamiliar in comparison to the world fifty five years prior, Synbios ended up wandering through the world aimlessly, encountering troubles which it fiercely dealt with if it got in its way, getting its own fair share of damage as it went around.

Eventually however, Synbios discovered the Syndicate and, after some brief research, entered into it to have more chances to search for its benevolent being. But, this being could be something else entirely.

Personality: Synbio is a serious, plain being. Upfront about (almost) everything, as honesty is one of the many virtues granted to him by the Spirit. However, if he senses trouble, Synbios will attempt to lie out of harm's way.

Typically tending to be unsuccessful.

While he isn't one to shy away from a brawl, Synbios tends to work with a code of honor and good conduct. Never harming those who can't or won't harm him, defending the meek and helpless. That sort of thing.

He is also a stubborn construct, unwilling to yield or even give an ounce of ground to the enemy. Which has caused him to get damaged a lot, but through sheer tenacity and will, he stuck through it all.
GAMEPLAY RELATED STUFF.
Stats:
STR - 7
INT - 4
DEX - 4
DEF - 7
CHAR - 3
Favorite Weapon: Dynamo Roller, because it's just like him. Tough, strong, and big.
Faction: Syndicate.

IcySetsuna

Inkling
NOW THEN, IT IS TIME FOR ANOTHER CRUSADE.

Name: 2YNB10S-1080 (Synbios-1080)
Race: Robot!

Appearance: Synbios is a tall(exactly 7 ft) bipedal robot of large and bulky shape. The plating that constitutes his body is painted red, shaped in a style similar to a knight of old. Most of its plating is not quite cared for properly and are actually scarred and battered from a battle it doesn't recall. The robot has banners draped from metal faulds on his hips, faded and stained so much that whatever was on it previously has disappeared to time.

Aside from the wear-and-tear of his body. Synbios typically wears a black scarf around his neck, long and flowing behind him like a cape. The end of it is somewhat damaged and torn. Along with a beige, unlabeled surcoat which runs down behind him again, still showing the banners hanging off the front-faulds.

Backstory: Synbios' life began within a factory way long before any the Syndicate or Distortion ever came to be. Constructed in secret, he was the only one produced of his kind as a result of an experiment in which he was actually left inactive for over fifty five years, as a result when it awoke to the factory being abandoned with all of the staff missing.
Curious, he wandered towards one of the terminals left active by one of the scientists there and suddenly he was overcome with visions of some kind.

The visions were incomprehensible to him, almost completely unable to understand even a single bit of it. He got one message from it about a divine being of some kind, mighty and all-knowing, gifting him with knowledge about It. It being a mighty creation from ages past, bequeathing powers and knowledge to many other beings such as himself.

First among them were the divinity of technology and intelligence, preserving knowledge from previous times to keep everything going. As a result, to Synbios, all the technology in the world is considered a holy object. But one was projected into his mind so much more than any other. The robot learned of a magnificent device that had the power to shift the seas themselves. Which showed ancient ruins and constructs of a previous civilization, which used technology far more advanced than the ones that the Inklings and Octarians had.

However, the sudden influx of knowledge flooding into his cranium had overloaded his ill-prepared circuitry and nearly sent him unto his newfound god.

Which confused him and sent him into a fanatical state for exactly thirty minutes as he tore through the empty factory and stumbled outside into the new world. Unfamiliar in comparison to the world fifty five years prior, Synbios ended up wandering through the world aimlessly, encountering troubles which it fiercely dealt with if it got in its way, getting its own fair share of damage as it went around.

Eventually however, Synbios discovered the Syndicate and, after some brief research, entered into it to have more chances to search for its benevolent being. But, this being could be something else entirely.

Personality: Synbio is a serious, plain being. Upfront about (almost) everything, as honesty is one of the many virtues granted to him by the Spirit. However, if he senses trouble, Synbios will attempt to lie out of harm's way.

Typically tending to be unsuccessful.

While he isn't one to shy away from a brawl, Synbios tends to work with a code of honor and good conduct. Never harming those who can't or won't harm him, defending the meek and helpless. That sort of thing.

He is also a stubborn construct, unwilling to yield or even give an ounce of ground to the enemy. Which has caused him to get damaged a lot, but through sheer tenacity and will, he stuck through it all.
GAMEPLAY RELATED STUFF.
Stats:
STR - 7
INT - 4
DEX - 4
DEF - 7
CHAR - 3
Favorite Weapon: Dynamo Roller, because it's just like him. Tough, strong, and big.
Faction: Syndicate.
DEUS VULT.
Nice character, especially some parts. Welcome to the Syndicate.

Now. Its time. I shall be making the GM post for the Syndicate and Distortion now. Perhaps one side, but now definitely.

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
Name: Agent Strider

Race: Half-Ink

Personality: Grim, soft spoken, and possessing wisdom that usually comes after years of experience he does not yet possess. Skilled in combat and stealth, he is a quick and unpredictable individual whose many years of service to Force ZIPS has made him a deadly Agent.

Appearance: Tall, dark, and not quite British. Strider's outfits will more than often consist of dark clothing and boots, but he always wears a dark hooded cloak that changes color and pattern to blend with the environment and keep him hidden from sight. He has watchful grey Octoling Eyes and dark green Inkling tentacles that are often hidden by his hood. He wears fingerless gloves and a belt to keep Sub Weapons on.

Backstory: Few can speak of this grim Agent of the enigmatic Force ZIPS. Like any member of mysterious group, Agent Strider keeps his secrets well known and lives a false life to use as a front. His mother was Octarian, and his father an Inkling, resulting in his status as a Half-Ink. Where he learned his skills is unknown, but there are multiple connections to him and a certain group of hitmen that were later dismantled by Force ZIPS. He was recruited into the force by Agent Zealous at some point, and gained her trust through consistent success. He will often wander off out of sight for weeks, if not months before returning to Inkopolis to go about his business, whatever that may be. Why he has joined the syndicate is unknown, but it is likely that he is here as a representative of the ZIPS, as the Distortion are a group that greatly threatens them.

Stats:

STR- 4
INT- 6
DEX- 7
DEF- 4
CHAR- 4

Favorite Weapon: Hero Charger :wst_charge_normalh:

Faction: Glacier Syndicate

This is a first experience for me, so I hope you guys could enjoy it!

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
When's the next due date for the distortion? I don't think you put one on there.

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
Understandable, a little sad, but understandable. Hope things get better for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom