• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Mafia! Season 0

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
Welcome to Mafia! Season 0. Here are the rules:

How to Play
There are bad people on the loose in the town! By day, they’re townsfolk hiding amongst us. But at night, the Mafia get together and plot the murder of an innocent! The rest of the village must find out which of them are secretly in the Mafia and kill them, before the whole town is destroyed! In this game, you will be on one of these 2 side: Town or Mafia/Scum. The host of the game will send you a PM saying which team you are on, as well as what special abilities you have. The Townspeople won’t know for sure which side anyone is on, as everyone can only see their own role PM. The Mafia, however, know who each other are, and may communicate to each other privately. They also get to kill 1 person each night.

As said earlier, each role has their own special abilities. Some of them are always in effect, while some you have to activate. The Town can use their abilities to get closer to finding the Mafia team, while the Mafia can cause more confusion amongst the town. The Town’s goal is to use deduction, process of elimination, and sometimes their roles to figure out who the Mafians are, and lynch them. The Mafia is much weaker in terms of numbers, so they must try to blend into the crowd, and not act suspicious enough to be the target of the day’s lynch.

During the game, several night and day phases will pass until one side has won:

Night Phase
During the night phase, the Town takes refuge in their homes, and are unable to speak to each other, while the Mafia meets up to murder a member of the Town. Some roles on both sides are able to use one or more night actions. These night actions can do any number of things, such as seeing another player’s role, protecting another player from the Mafia’s kill, or block another player from using their night actions. (See your role PM if you have a night action.) To use a night action, PM the game host that you wish to use the night action, which player(s) you are using it on, and anything else that night action requires you to do.

Day Phase
During the day phase, everyone may discuss in the game thread. This is the Town’s opportunity to deduce which players are in the Mafia. During the day, if you think someone else is Scum, you may vote to lynch them. To cast your vote, post in the game thread which player you’re voting for, usually with some sort of formatting. Example: ##VOTE: Enperry. Read your game’s original post to see exactly what that format is. If at any time you want to take back your vote, or vote for someone else, you may unvote. Unvoting usually has a similar format to voting, just with an “un” before it. Example: ##UNVOTE: Athena. You may vote for someone again after unvoting, but it is not necessary. If more than half the remaining players are voting for the same player, that player will be lynched, their role will be revealed, and the day phase will end. If by the end of the day, a majority vote hasn’t been reached, usually the player with the most votes will be lynched. Be careful who you vote for! This is one of the Town’s only chances to kill the mafia, so don’t waste it!

Rules
Just like any game, Mafia has rules you must follow. If you break any of these, you may be subject to a modkill (immediate death) or replacement. Be sure to follow these so the game is more fun for everyone!
  • You cannot edit posts.
  • You cannot communicate with other players outside of the game thread (unless a role states otherwise).
  • You cannot screenshot anything the game host has PMed you, nor can you screenshot anything you send to them.
  • Play to win. Don't be that guy who claims to be in the Mafia.

Alternate Rules

The wonderful thing about Mafia is how much freedom the game host has to make their game their own. Every game is different! Here are just a few examples of common rules hosts implement into their games.

Independent Roles
Most games will have Independent roles. These roles are not sided with the Town or the Mafia, hence the name. The way they win the game can be literally anything. These roles can be harmful to one/both factions, helpful to one/both factions, or entirely neutral. Due to being the strangest faction, these roles are often very unique.

Outside Communication

Some hosts will allow all players to communicate with any other players outside of the game thread. If you have information you don’t want the whole town to know, take advantage of this rule and only give that info to the people you trust!

No Role Reveal

Some hosts will prevent players from revealing anything about their role. This makes it so the only thing that will influence a player’s vote is what the player’s say in the game thread, or what they find with their own role.

You may not post in thread during the night phase.
Be nice to other players.
You may not edit or delete any of your posts.
Do not post screenshots or images.
You may not like people's posts.
No outside communication (besides from roles).
Please try to contribute. If you don’t feel like you can be active in this game, don’t join. If you find yourself unable to be active at some point during the game, please let the hosts know. Not contributing takes up a spot that an someone more active and committed to the game could use.
The hosts word is law. Once a decision is made, it’s final.

-To cast a vote, players should follow this format: ##VERB: PLAYER

-To unvote, use: ##UNVERB: PLAYER

-One Mafia night will last 48 hrs

-One Mafia day will last 120 hrs

FACTIONS:
The goal of Squids of Inkopolis is to eliminate all members of Ominous Octolings.
The goal of Ominous Octolings is to have a number of players more than the number of remaining members of Squids of Inkopolis. There may or may not be a third, independent faction.

Players:
  1. Yin
  2. Evalko
  3. Azure ST
  4. Nerdbird
  5. This could be you!
  6. Raxel920

Last edited:

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
Unfortunately, due to lack of participants, Mafia! Season 0 will not be continuing; thank you, @Yin_:).

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
ooh this looks cool can i join?
Edit: damn just saw this isn't gonna happen :(
Glad to see you are interested! If you could gather at least 4 more people, it might just happen!

Azure ST

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-2076-3733-1036
I heard of this game before, I know someone who I'm pretty sure was obsessed with it at some point. I guess I can try it out myself if enough people show up

Nerdbird

Pro Squid
Can I join?
You guys have been waiting a long time for enough people so I understand if you decide to cancel!

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
Can I join?
You guys have been waiting a long time for enough people so I understand if you decide to cancel!
Absolutely!

Just 2 more people! C'mon, one of you 190 viewers - you know you wanna play! Do any of you know anyone that might be interested?

(@Yin_ , @Evalko, @Azure ST in case you don't get a notification)

EDIT: I was just informed 7 people is the requirement

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
Just one more person to begin!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom