• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Mahi Mahi Resort

VideoGameVirtuoso

Pro Squid
NNID
ExtremeTechPro
Looks fun and very strategic compared to other maps, since this one is dynamic.

Dragonuto

Pro Squid
Community Ambassador
NNID
Dragonuto
My opinion precisely, This will be a death trap for new players as they probably wouldn't be able to handle the water.

Zero Revolution

Pro Squid
NNID
Zeedief123
Switch Friend Code
SW-8519-0178-2889
This map seems potentially cool, I like the more dynamic maps, they tend to be more interesting to play on. I'm assuming the flooding won't occur in ranked battles, at least not Rainmaker.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
I can't wait for it personally. It's so much different than the other maps it excites me! I'm extremely curious what weapons will have the advantage here.

Calamari

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Toowrighteous
This map seems potentially cool, I like the more dynamic maps, they tend to be more interesting to play on. I'm assuming the flooding won't occur in ranked battles, at least not Rainmaker.
I remember from the Splatournament stream, the flooding will still occur in Ranked.

Zero Revolution

Pro Squid
NNID
Zeedief123
Switch Friend Code
SW-8519-0178-2889
I remember from the Splatournament stream, the flooding will still occur in Ranked.
Oh okay, I wasn't able to watch the Splatournament, didn't realize they showed this map off. This should be interesting in Ranked then.

Calamari

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Toowrighteous
I'll have to take another look, but I thought they only played a turf war on it.
They did only play a TW, but I recall them mentioning before that it still happens in Ranked, before the match started. But don't quote me on that, actually. I'm probably wrong.

warghoul

Inkling Cadet
I can't wait for it personally. It's so much different than the other maps it excites me! I'm extremely curious what weapons will have the advantage here.
I think Chargers my have the advantage before the floods. Looks like some of the platforms may be out of most of the range of a lot of weapons. I could be way off on this only time will tell.

Now that I look at it again it sure looks like there`s plenty of walls to block the good firing zones for chargers. Regardless I am psyched for the new map.

Sasorin

Inkling
They did only play a TW, but I recall them mentioning before that it still happens in Ranked, before the match started. But don't quote me on that, actually. I'm probably wrong.
"Ninety seconds after the start of each match, the water level decreases, revealing new platforms to stand on. What’s more, these platforms will appear in both Ranked and Regular battles." quoted directly from the Splatoon US Tumblr. So I can only assume that its definitely going to be the same in Ranked with some added grates to walk on.

Sqwiddles

Pro Squid
NNID
PheenieWeen
HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE!
CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS STAGE, ESPECIALLY FOR SPLATFEST!
So much rage is going to happen because of stupid mistakes of falling. I can just see everyone now...
Hmm... what weapon would be great for this stage?

AidanC97

Senior Squid
NNID
aidancalhoun
I personally cannot wait wither for the new map. It's going to be soo much fun, a lot of rages and laughs will be had. Mahi-Mahi Resort will also (I believe) be a good map for getting the most ink points

Dragonuto

Pro Squid
Community Ambassador
NNID
Dragonuto
This map looks like it'll be hard on Rainmaker, so many paths to take it seems :D I can't wait personally, one of my most anticipated map releases!

Dragonuto

Pro Squid
Community Ambassador
NNID
Dragonuto
I couldn't agree more. Rainmaker looks to be really tough if you don't have the strategies locked down. we'll see what happens come 6PM!
Hell yeah! Bubbler and Kraken look sorta useless on this map. The Bubbler could get easily shunted off and the Kraken may have trouble with the Grates Before the Flood :P

AidanC97

Senior Squid
NNID
aidancalhoun
Hell yeah! Bubbler and Kraken look sorta useless on this map. The Bubbler could get easily shunted off and the Kraken may have trouble with the Grates Before the Flood :p
I could also add tower control as another issue many will have. Kraken will only be useful (in my opinions) during the last 90 seconds of the match. Depending on the Tower Control position, it's going to be really tough

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom