• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Map Essentials: Arowana Mall

Maps Map Essentials: Arowana Mall

Robotoboy20

Squid Scout
NNID
robotoboy30
Robotoboy20 submitted a new guide:

Map Essentials: Arowana Mall - A series of guides designed to outline core areas of each map.

Map Essentials: Arowana Mall

Welcome to the 2nd installment of Map Essentials. Due to popular demand, I've decided to do Arowana Mall instead of Kelp Dome (though Kelp Dome will happen) If you haven't checked out my previous guide, you can click this link to...
Read more about this guide...

Hitzel

Inkling Commander
NNID
Hitzel
Hmm... it's bad form to use numbers for area names on maps, numbers are used for enemy count and elevation. That, for example, lets you be specific and say "2 Snipe 3," which translates to "There are two enemies on the third level of the Sniper Tower." I've been considering making a thread about that...

Robotoboy20

Squid Scout
NNID
robotoboy30
Maybe so, but I'm in too deep to alter the format - These took about 3 hours each, and I'm a busy guy... I tried to make these as fluid and readable for anyone. I was going to label each nest individually - but - things happened and I attempted to streamline it a bit. Thanks for the input though!

Hitzel

Inkling Commander
NNID
Hitzel
Maybe so, but I'm in too deep to alter the format - These took about 3 hours each, and I'm a busy guy... I tried to make these as fluid and readable for anyone. I was going to label each nest individually - but - things happened and I attempted to streamline it a bit. Thanks for the input though!
Yeah no problem dude. I've been planning on making a thread about how other shooters follow Halo's naming conventions and precedents for callouts and communication techniques because they have been proven to work so well. When I make the thread I'll give you a heads up =)

[EJ]_Locke

Inkling Commander
NNID
EJ_Locke
Hmm... it's bad form to use numbers for area names on maps, numbers are used for enemy count and elevation. That, for example, lets you be specific and say "2 Snipe 3," which translates to "There are two enemies on the third level of the Sniper Tower." I've been considering making a thread about that...
Dear past yourself, in the future you do make a thread about it and everybody loves. I even named my child after you.
-Jesus

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom