• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Maps in Splatoon 2

AlphaOmegaSplatter

Inkling Cadet
NNID
phs2003
Switch Friend Code
SW-5305-7165-0622
Thinking about maps for this new installment of Splatoon, could we see a few possible maps returning from the original Splatoon? I think so.

Magic8Ball

Inkling Cadet
Community Ambassador
NNID
M4g1c8Ball
From what I've seen, it looks like Urchin, Bluefin, and Moray were all THERE, just not in the form we were expecting. You can see the general art and building styles of Bluefin and Urchin, but the maps have been revamped is my guess. It looks like they want the maps to have more, larger slopes and wider open areas, which you can see several times in the announcement trailer. This would make more maps attuned to weapons like the Squelchers which were often overshadowed by the stage layouts that included obstacles and other obstructions that hindered their range, but snipers could perform just fine on. All in all, I've enjoyed what I've seen from the maps even in the short look we got.

HySquid

Full Squid
NNID
mob362
The arena kind of maps we have right now are perfect.

Some of the other maps from Splatoon 1 felt kind of awkward (to me).

Splash

Full Squid
NNID
ChameoFive
Switch Friend Code
SW-3931-9636-2696
Bluefin Depot was one of my favorite maps and I guess Urchin Underpass was OK depending on the ranked match type, but the fact that Moray Towers is being brought back... just no, my nightmare, my squid nightmare, I don't want it. Ever! That is purely sniper grounds you are looking at there! Hopefully the ink rails and the Ink Jetpack makes that map less terrible, but I'm not hopeful because it's Moray Towers.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I really want a saltspray rig revival.

The walkways, the open sea breeze, shooting the seagulls, moving platforms!

If it wasn't such a 1 min. or less death match, it would easily be my favorite stage.

Jhonnybird

Full Squid
NNID
Jhonnybird2004
I reckon they should add an expansion pack with all the old maps but edited a bit and the chance to vote.

★Forge

Senior Squid
NNID
Slumplush
I hope Piranha Pit will be in Splatoon 2, or Flounder Heights, Moray Towers was shown in the video, So I doubt they won't put it in there, But As long as Hammerhead Bridge isn't going to be in Splatoon 2, I'm fine

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom