• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Marie's Sass Level?

Kaze

Pro Squid
I like Marie too, but it feels like the Europe version have different text compared to the other versions which make me a bit sad :(
I have also seen Spyke call the player ''Love'' which is kinda cute, but I have never seen it myself T__T

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
I like Marie too, but it feels like the Europe version have different text compared to the other versions which make me a bit sad :(
I have also seen Spyke call the player ''Love'' which is kinda cute, but I have never seen it myself T__T
The EU version has a lot less personality from what I have seen- The last boss has kinda generic dialogue as well in not just EU but JP as well, so it might just be the NA treehouse having way too much fun. Some of it is kinda bothersome like 'C'mon' instead of 'To Me' on the pings leading a lot of NA players to use it when we are doing poorly so people in other regions probably get confused.

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
Her sass level is over 9000. That's why she's so awesome!

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
The EU version has a lot less personality from what I have seen
I don't think that's true. The characters are slightly different (Marie is less sassy for sure), but they're still all compelling and loveable. Also thank god Spyke doesn't do that awkward cockney impression over here - reading his dialogue is like listening to Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
I don't think that's true. The characters are slightly different (Marie is less sassy for sure), but they're still all compelling and loveable. Also thank god Spyke doesn't do that awkward cockney impression over here - reading his dialogue is like listening to Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins.
Sorry about **** Van **** in Marry Poppins haha- Stll find it funny his accent coach kinda shrugged and didn't have any clue what he was doing either.

I also didn't read Spyke's dialogue as a ****ney accent... It reminds me more of the candy raver/drug raver/stoner crowd that I used to sometimes run into at conventions (I was a younger teen back then so they were older than me so they'd call me 'love' so maybe that is why I have that association.) I would said the characterization is more subtle and in your face as the NA version but they are definitely still lovable. I prefer the NA version's localization a bit more (Well I did until they renamed ABXY and their song 'Friend List' into the Chirpy Chips and 'Shelfie.')

...Also why did it censor mine and not yours? :scared:

Funen1

Full Squid
NNID
Funen1
Is it just me or is Marie becoming more and more sassy as more "stage tips" are being written? Not that there's a problem with that of course.

ndayadn

yeah
NNID
Seabass
I was legitimately shocked she called Team Marshmallow "sweet-toothed tryhards."
like goddam woman

Ryuho

Pro Squid
NNID
FurryRyuho
Awww man Marie is becoming so saucy. Her sauce levels are going off the charts. I love it.
Callie will always be my golden girl but Marie has that silver tongue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom