• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Mario Odyssey: NO SPOILERS!

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
WE ARE THERE, ALMOST FOUR DAYS LEFT TILL THE GLORY RETURN OF A OPEN WORLD MARIO GAME AFTER A 15 YEAR HIATUS! WOOT!

This thread is to discuss and talk about the upcoming game of Mario Odyssey! Please keep in mind and respect other people, so if you have any spoiler, please put it in the spoiler tag for the rest of us.

I've been keeping myself from looking at any search, or youtube videos, so I am pretty much in the dark what will go on besides some things that have been quietly been revealed already.

But yes, talk away! Let the excitement begin!

Maits

Inkling
NNID
Maits
Switch Friend Code
SW-3341-0548-3520
Just pre-ordered it! So hyped for the game!

precastzero180

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-6334-8399-0502
I love all the 3D Mario games, so pre-ordering this one was a no-brainer. Unfortunately, I will probably be too busy to spend much time with it this weekend.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
I haven't really played either a mainline or sideline Mario title since the SNES (though I owned a DSi and 3DS for the longest time), yet I'm somehow excited to play this (and finish Mario+Rabbids and occasionally play MK8DX when others want) weird~.

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
I haven't really played either a mainline or sideline Mario title since the SNES (though I owned a DSi and 3DS for the longest time), yet I'm somehow excited to play this (and finish Mario+Rabbids and occasionally play MK8DX when others want) weird~.
Well, this consider a Mario title that lines up with Mario 64 (And Mario 64 DS), and Sunshine as confirmed by Nintendo. So what you played on the snes is considered linear. They are going to continue to sort of line so both won't be confused with each other, which is nice. I really miss it when they had a sandbox Mario, and half of the experience was just exploring, or fooling around without any guided path or goal. I also really like the emphasis of the hat feature, and able to possess things.

I do plan to play this in our camper trailer as a small camp trip in October for the sake of doing so, so it will be even more exciting. Got snacks and everything to bring along! Oh, and grilling on top of it.

SAHSWAMPY

Semi-Pro Squid
not played a Mario game like this since Galaxy... I cannot wait ^_^... I might not get it when it actually gets released but I will be getting it when I can...

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
Um...I do believe this is a forum for Splatoon, not Mario.
This is the off topic thread and there are other threads in here speaking of Animal Crossing, and the like. If you can't agree with the rules of the forum, please don't start a dispute on my topic, please. That is all I am asking, thank you.

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
Hey, I wasn't trying to do anything like that. I'm sorry if I made you think that.
Yes, but if it is a problem then forward it to the mod if the thread seems off topic, don't post it on here since it derails the thread itself, no offense. I am just generally stating otherwise, don't take it as if I am going at you.

Anyway, back on topic, I don't want to go any further than this.

SAHSWAMPY

Semi-Pro Squid
the reviews for it are great!, the lowest score I've seen for it so far is 9.5/10 XD... I'm getting even more excited for this game now!!

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
the reviews for it are great!, the lowest score I've seen for it so far is 9.5/10 XD... I'm getting even more excited for this game now!!
Be careful while going on youtube, stupidly someone had to go and put a major spoiler image in the picture! Just warning everyone, it does pop up and it gave away things that I didn't want to be seen.

SAHSWAMPY

Semi-Pro Squid
Be careful while going on youtube, stupidly someone had to go and put a major spoiler image in the picture! Just warning everyone, it does pop up and it gave away things that I didn't want to be seen.
will do! thanks for telling me :D hate it when people show the spoiler and they say "spoiler alert!" :/

Last edited:

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Or worse, even with a randomish feed or not logged in to youtube or social media or what-not, you're still getting spoiler screencaps and titles from rando a-holes that are promoted.:mad:

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
I just picked this up myself. I'm looking forward to getting some time with it. The E3 trailer had me hooked.

Just remember to Mario responsibly. We don't want it to affect your vocabulary. Last thing everyone needs is people speaking in "Hoo-hoo!"s.

Sgt. Puffling

Why am I still alive?
Ah, I'm SUPER happy to finally have my hands on a copy. Not sure if this happened outside Canada, but I also got one of these for preordering...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom