• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Maxing out the equipment upgrades in campaign gets you NOTHING

Treadlight

Inkling
NNID
Excavater9
Well, nothing besides a "reset upgrades" button, although I think that might have been there before. It's bad enough that maxing everything requires more than 4 times as many eggs as the campaign contains. I really wish I hadn't wasted so much of my energy on this, consider it a PSA to warn others against doing the same.

EDIT: Whoops, typo in the thread title.

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Yeah, well your gear gets better isn't that enough ?

Although, it would be really cool if they added something like a new piece of clothing or something similar.

Howl

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
SilverHowl
Yeah, well your gear gets better isn't that enough ?

Although, it would be really cool if they added something like a new piece of clothing or something similar.
He means the 1-player mode. In which upgrading your equipment is not really that much of a deal.

I feel you mate.

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
He means the 1-player mode. In which upgrading your equipment is not really that much of a deal.

I feel you mate.
I know. I'm guessing the upgrade doesn't make much of a difference in the 1-player mode.

Howl

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
SilverHowl
I know. I'm guessing the upgrade doesn't make much of a difference in the 1-player mode.
Not only that, but there aren't that many Power Eggs in the levels, so you probably will beat the Campaign before you max out everything. So maxing out is a time waster (unless you want to have everything absolutely completed... but it does not really grant much)

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Not only that, but there aren't that many Power Eggs in the levels, so you probably will beat the Campaign before you max out everything. So maxing out is a time waster (unless you want to have everything absolutely completed... but it does not really grant much)
Ah, thanks for the clarification. I appreciate it.

Last edited:

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Doesn't surprise me. It's only to make things easier, duh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom