• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Mechanic i have been testing around with during the demo.

Manwell

Inkling
NNID
Manwell
I am not really sure if this is really effective versus other techniques but during the demo i found out you can use the weak grenades very quickly from stealth and instantly cover ground on-top of you. This may be useful for going into enemy ink from your own ink without popping up. Since the weak grenades don't take up as much ink you can kind of spam this quite fast. If this has already been done and shown then i apologize for re-posting. I have not really seen any videos of people doing this though. Again, more testing will have to be done to see if this has any merit. Maybe if a gear perk in the final game will enable these grenades to cover more area or use less ink this will be even better.

Here is a clip from one of my YouTube videos showing off what i mean.

edit: linking timestamps dosnt seem to work for me. Go to 2:28 to see.

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
Considering games are only 3 minutes long this does not seem efficient at all honestly.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
This seems useful to give yourself a small patch of ink real quick when you are surrounded by the enemies ink. But considering how much ink they eat up, it is more efficient to just use your main weapon to spread ink.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Very neat, this seems mostly useful for not dying in enemy ink. I don't see it being useful for covering the map, though.

Manwell

Inkling
NNID
Manwell
Ill have to test more but it did seem helpful for escaping. For example if an enemy surrounds you or cuts you off via ink you can swim into the enemy ink and grenade yourself very fast to get out instead of shooting to get out like normal. I really want to see if this is viable for stealth assassinations also like swimming up next to a splat charger and throwing 2-3 grenades at the ground. I do agree with DAK though it probably is not ideal for spreading ink normally unless there is some kind of gear to enhance grenade coverage.

Citanul

Senior Squid
NNID
outforprophets
I think you might be right about assassinations Manwell. Something like that looks like it'd be great for swimming up to Shooters/Chargers to throw a grenade down before popping up and shooting them. It could add a good amount of "burst damage" up front to get a kill.

Flying_Tortoise

Sushi Chef
It is useful it's like a splatdash but you get a bigger radius from it. Sure you can only throw like one bomb every so often b/c you don't want to use up too much ink when you might face an enemy. But its like.. sure why not?

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
i guess it's useful if you need some immediate breathing room and you're surrounded by the other team's ink, but i don't know how much application this will actually have

breakfast

Inkling
This seems like a pretty niche tactic so far, but it looks like using it to escape or during splatdashing to assassinate / get an easy kill gives it some use. I can see it being used in splat zones especially.

DatGuyAegis

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Tmoney670
Maybe for a class that goes totally assault doesn't seem very useful in turf wars though. Maybe, in splatzones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom