• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Mechanical Exploits & Competitive Tips Compilation

GameGalaxy64

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlareFusion
Hey everyone,

This thread will serve as a central hub for compiling exploits and proposing exploits for the community to test that benefit competitive play. If you have any proposals or confirmed exploits, please leave a comment down below.

*NOTE* An exploit is taking advantage of a mechanical bug the developers didn't intend to happen.

Confirmed Exploits
  • Arowana Mall [Patched]: Clipping through the barrier on the wall in the hallway facing towards each respective spawn. [Link]
  • Camp Triggerfish[Patched]: Clearing the gap in the center of the map by jumping at the very end of the ledge. Works best in the center of the ledge. [Link]
  • Kelp Dome: Jumping over the first wall; might have some good use in Rainmaker. [Link]
Proposed Exploits
  • Kelp Dome: Clipping through the barrier on the wall leading to the spawn points.
  • All Maps: Clipping through any barrier that's on at wall at a concave 45 degree angle.
***​
This thread will also serve as a hub for competitive tips, ones that aren't exploits, using the same format as the mechanical exploits.

Confirmed Tips
  • Tower Control: When you are on the tower, jump away from the tower and throw a Splash Wall towards tower once you've been in the air for about one second. The Splash Wall will land on the tower as a result. A demonstration can be seen in the first couple seconds of this video. [Link]
  • Tower Control: You can ricochet Splash Walls off the the environment to land on the tower. You can chain these throws together to essentially earn free points. I recommend having two people throw Splash Walls at once for maximum protection. Ink Recovery Up and Ink Saver Main are also recommended so you can shoot enemies while you are protected by the wall and have enough ink to place another wall down when the first one expires. [Link]
  • Rain Maker: While the opposing team is breaking the shield whether it be in the beginning of the game or not, sneak up on them and kill them, allowing you to take the Rain Maker and gain some points.
  • Arowona Mall: You can throw a bomb over the wall at the end of the hallway to take out an unsuspecting enemy in the adjacent sniper spot. [Link]
  • Kelp Dome: You can get Splash Walls on numerous pathways by bouncing off of unconventional objects and throwing the Splash Wall at the apex of your jump where you wouldn't be able to get them other wise. [Link] For a more in depth guide on how to do the wall strategy, click here. [Link]
Proposed Tips
  • Tower Control: Have four people jump off the tower and throw Splash Walls on the tower. It can be done, but its practicality is the question. Can anyone form a squad and try it out in Squad Battles?

Last edited:

Noise Tank

Full Squid
Here's a webm of the mall jump:

http://webm.host/95516/

I doubt we'll see this used elsewhere unless someone can find another barrier at the right height with a corner that you can squid jump into.

GameGalaxy64

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlareFusion
Here's a webm of the mall jump:

http://webm.host/95516/

I doubt we'll see this used elsewhere unless someone can find another barrier at the right height with a corner that you can squid jump into.
Thanks for the link. I thought I saw some other walls like that in Walleye Warehouse or something. I could be mistaken though. I just really want to see Splatoon's competitive scene and skill take off. :p

Krozo

Full Squid
NNID
KrozoMagnus
I wonder what the chance is of stuff like this being patched, those two you have right now aren't very game breaking, but give the player a pretty big advantage, especially the mall one. Nintendo could easily patch that sort of thing though.

Charlight

Meme Spy
Oh hey, that's my Camp Triggerfish video. I honestly think the developers might have intended to make the jump possible. Only time will tell, I guess.

GameGalaxy64

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlareFusion
I wonder what the chance is of stuff like this being patched, those two you have right now aren't very game breaking, but give the player a pretty big advantage, especially the mall one. Nintendo could easily patch that sort of thing though.
I hope they won't be patched, but you never know with it being Nintendo. You are right, they're pretty minor so I don't see the big deal.
Oh hey, that's my Camp Triggerfish video. I honestly think the developers might have intended to make the jump possible. Only time will tell, I guess.
You rightfully deserved for your video to be featured. It helped me out a lot! I hope your channel takes off!

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
You can throw a splash wall onto the wall on Kelp Dome at the apex of your jump.

You can also clip on blackbelly to swim up the wall infinitely. It's the corner wall directly to the left after the inflatable cover.

GameGalaxy64

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlareFusion
You can throw a splash wall onto the wall on Kelp Dome at the apex of your jump.

You can also clip on blackbelly to swim up the wall infinitely. It's the corner wall directly to the left after the inflatable cover.
Thanks for the posts. Where's the wall in Kelp Dome. Sorry for my lack of knowledge. :oops:

Edit: I can't find the BB SP wall either. Can you be more descriptive? Sorry again.

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
It's the entire white wall going around the stage.

Go to the inflatable cover outside of spawn. Directly to your left 2 corners of the walls meet. Face spawn and clip like you do with Arowana.

GameGalaxy64

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlareFusion
It's the entire white wall going around the stage.

Go to the inflatable cover outside of spawn. Directly to your left 2 corners of the walls meet. Face spawn and clip like you do with Arowana.
Oh, okay. I understand now. Thanks. I'll add that to the list. :)

GameGalaxy64

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlareFusion
After much delay, I finally added the Kelp Dome Splash Wall tip to the OP. Thanks to Nintendome for the footage! Go subscribe to their channel! They have a bunch of other useful content! [Link]

Poyo

Senior Squid
NNID
Poyoarya
Alright, time to bring this thread back from the dead.

It's possible to jump the first wall in Kelp Dome. Aside from, admittedly, looking hilarious, there's heavy potential for abuse in Rainmaker.

See you, Kelp Dome. It was fun while it lasted.

GameGalaxy64

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlareFusion

It's possible to jump the first wall in Kelp Dome. Aside from, admittedly, looking hilarious, there's heavy potential for abuse in Rainmaker.

Added. Let's hope it doesn't get patched ;)

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta

How many sets of pipes will they double up on this one do you think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom