• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

-Missing- IC Thread: RP Cast Filled

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
Squidding through bars didn't work - whenever she tried she just reverted to her inkling form, it was annoying, really. There's wasn't much she could do at this point so she settled for simply trying to find a way to entertain herself.... or fall asleep whichever one came first. Gripping the bars it wasn't long, however, before something caught Lili's attention, changing locations in the room could get a better look out, she saw Alga and Brutus! "Alga! Brutus!" Lili called out trying to catch the duo's attention. Maybe she would finally be able to get out?

Talk to; Alga + Brutus

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
@Aykorn and @Ashlee DE Points: 2
Ash ==> Autopilot
Wade ==> Talk

"Sooo," Wade drew out, adjusting his charger strap. He was possibly checking if his arms were intact.

"That wasn't... completely horrible...?" Wade asked.

"Nope!" Ash grinned. "But man, that was a rush!"

"Yeah," Jax said, simply, after leaping out of the narrow tunnel. "At the very least, we have leads. And evidence."

Wade chuckled at Ash's reaction, glad that didn't need to be worrying about... somewhat leading them down that situation. Not really, but still...

Wade looked towards Jax and replied.

"You mean Cato? Or the two we spotted back in the tunnel?" he asked. "I guess both count," Wade shrugged.

"The latter. And this, specifically," Jax stated, motioning as he produced a phone. It turned on quickly and after a short moment, the Inkling pulled up a video file.

It didn't take more than a few moments of it playing to make it clear... he'd taped the whole conversation!

Seeing that the two understood, he put the phone back into another pocket in his vest. "But, of course, it isn't much on its own. I'm trying to complete a full investigation to take Deepview down through information control. For that, we need to find more."

Wade smirked. Of course Jax was recording.

"...I thought so," he remarked to himself.

"So." Wade steepled his fingers and grinned mischievously for effect. He had some stuff to throw out. Like, damn this was important.

"We haven't exactly found our anonymous lead yet," Wade began, "but we haven't exactly been screwing around aimlessly either."

He scoffed. "Apparently there's enough involvement from Octovalley that we can run into a business deal. Aaand this specific contract has happened for.... Months? Monthly..."

"Monthly, if we're reading context clues correctly," Jax clarified. "However, we have no way of knowing that it was malicious in intent and, again, need more proof if we want to legally, or socially attack them."

"But yeah, the anon!" Ash chimed in. "How long did you say they'd stick around? I mean, we still probably have plenty of time to find them!"

"Three days," Wade answered immediately, but then paused.

"I... still don't think there's reason to think there's a trap," Wade motioned as he tried to articulate an idea, "but I'm starting to wonder about some of the details of the message."

"Since Octovalley is involved, its making more sense to lead us down here, but '3 days' still seems pretty arbitrary. ...Which is what I also thought about the location at first. But if something were happening during that time then it would also make sense, like..."

Wade stopped gesturing to thoughtfully press his fist against his mouth. "When do you think the actual 'moving-of-parts' is happening for the deal?"

Wade paused to think again. "And where do you think the parts are headed?"

"Not enough information," Jax said, simply. "As far the timing, we can't really say until we meet the informant, if that's truly what they are. In any case, we should be prepared for the worst, trap or not. In one case, we look prepared. In another, we are prepared."

"...I wonder if they're making a big robot or something," Ash threw out. "I mean, why would they need parts over months of time?"

"...Actually that's an idea," Jax noted.

"What, the giant robots?"

"No," he said, somehow not coming off condescending. "No, the material of this has to come from somewhere. Deepview has to have some connections to be able to collect material of this sort and that probably leaves a trail of information of some sort.

"Still... that would take time to research. But good to note," he concluded.

Wade tapped his mouth before absently saying, "...Octolings are drilling under us."

He blinked for a moment, recalling the conversation this morning, before clarifying.

"The 'giant machine thing,'" Wade said. "Had a really weird conversation this morning?"

Wade shook his head and just started.

"Simone --neighbor and definitely mind-wiped-- claimed they made it to Octovalley for some reason. And drilling was what caused the earthquake. That kind of makes sense," Wade pointed out.

"He also warned me about coming here but," he shrugged, "I wasn't really planning on listening to him though."

"But why would Deepview supply drill parts to Octarians? What do they stand to gain?" Ash asked.

Jax, usually quick with some sort of explanation just shrugged. "Still, good to keep in mind," he added.

Wade snorted. "Deepview is crazy and has nothing to lose?" Wade rolled his eyes with a particularly tired look. "Or... maybe something legitimate?"

"Anyways," he redirected, "if following the part transaction lead us to where Deepview is, that would be helpful. But I get the feeling it'd also be riskier than necessary."

Wade clapped a hand over his fist. "We try Area 1 again?" he suggested.

"I don't see why not," Jax said, shrugging.

"Though it's getting late," Ash noted.

Jax checked his phone. "True enough. Hard to believe we've been searching this place for a few hours. Sundown is only about an hour off. Maybe we should head back?"

Wade pulled out his phone to check the time. The battery was diminishing, too even.

"Uuuuh, yeah," he agreed, surprised by how much time had passed. "Jeez, I'm going to need to clean my apartment," Wade muttered.

"Yeah, we could probably just head back," Wade replied. "And chances are... the contact could show up tomorrow."

"Well, I'd say today was productive as heck!" Ash declared. "Should we meet in the square tomorrow?"

"Sure," Wade responded. "Unless there's another secret tea party anyone needs to attend."

"...Mm. Hey, does this mean returning our weapons later, for now?" he asked.

"For now, but leave it to me," Jax said. "I'll store them someplace that's easier to retrieve than the Tower."

It took a little bit, but the three retraced their steps through Area 1 and back to the main hub they’d started at Octo Valley. Cap’n Cuttlefish was gone so they simply returned to the ruined square without stopping for conversation. Upon arrival, time’s march became clear, as the sun had begun to set, bathing the asphalt with orange light.

What now Wade?

@Banshee @xCoCo 2 DE Points

Alga ==> Talk
Lili ==> Talk

As Brutus gave the tour of the hallway, Alga noticed something amiss. "H-Hey, um..." She began, feebly tapping Brutus' shoulder. "Uh...Is that...L-Lili over there? Behind the bars...?"

"Alga! Brutus!" Lili called out, accidentally verifying her statement.

Brutus lit up like a lightbulb. "Lili!" Hastily, he ran over to the bars, excited and asked "how are ya? Why are ya in there? Do ya know where Aelia is?"

The inklings face brightened considerably as she spotted the familiar faces, "Brutus! Alga, what are you doing here?" She questioned, relieved to see the duo.

"I have no idea where Aelia is; she went missing." Lili crossed her arms, "Aelia headed off and told me to look for her if she didn't return, which I did, and then I wound up locked in here. Apparently I'm suspect, but, I have no idea where Aelia is!" She furrowed her brows a sigh escaping her lips.

Well, at least Brutus and Alga were confirmed safe? she thought.

Alga gave Lili a look of mild concern and stared back down towards the floor, twiddling her thumbs and trying to think of what to do. Aelia was missing? She'd gone off and never come back...

"Where were you guys...?"

"Yea!" Brutus asked. "Maybe we could, uh, retrace yer steps?"

"Where?" Lili crossed her arms trying to remember where her and Aelia had landed, "It was mostly dark.... a cave? Underground? Sewers? Something along that? It was really hard to see though - I could barely see Aelia when I found her," she admitted before shaking her head.

In the meantime, Brutus seemed to be playing with the door to the jail, jiggling the handle. Whether it was a nervous habit or not, no one could tell, but Germana grumbled, "ya don' 'ave ta break the lock again . Oy can just open it."

"Oh!" Brutus jumped. "Oy, uh..."

"Don' bother lyin'" Germana sighed, unlocking the door. "yer bad at it. An' anyway, Oy doubt ya'd let me keep yer friend behind bars."

Nonetheless, Germana continued to give Lili a dirty look, even as she pulled the key from the now open door.

"To be frank I don't even know how I got here," Lili continued. "But Aelia didn't tell me a single thing, so..."

Slowly, Lili pushed open the door and stepped outside of the jail... resisting the urge to bounce around, it was nice to be free, even if it could be temporary. She seemed oblivious to Germana's dirty look or did she ignore it? "Alga, Brutus? Which direction did you guys come from?"

"Maybe we should try to retrace our steps?" Lili suggested - she really wanted a few answers herself, it wasn't as if Aelia could just vanish into thin air - and besides after being stuck in that jail cell for a while the young inkling really wanted to move around.

"We might be able to find some clues - or at the most - Aelia?" Teal eyes focused on Alga, Germana and Brutus. "Unless we have other suggestions...?"

"Oy would say tha's a good plan, but tha's what Felix is doin' already," Germana noted, rolling her eyes.

"We ain't dumb," she went on. "When ya said that the two o' ya were together there, 'e went ahead an' sent out a search. If she's in the sewers, then we'll find 'er. The worry is that none o' 'em 'r back yet."

"Oh? Really? I didn't know that." The inkling scratched her head before speaking once more, "Alright, well, why don't we go looking for them?"

Lili insisted, "I mean if they've been gone for a while, isn't it a bit worrying? Unless Felix is the kind that likes to get lost... or go for a stroll which I highly doubt. It doesn't hurt does it?" She chimed placing the palms of hands against the back of her head. "It's better than just sitting here and not doing anything."

"Ain't that 'ow everyone else got lost!?" Germana snapped. "Nice plan, pinkie."

Brutus frowned. "Germa! Why 're ya bein' so mean ta Lili!"

"It's fine, Brutus, don't worry about it,” Lili admitted. “I think everyone's just a bit on edge."

Germana didn't say anything back, simply continuing to frown.

Alga took the conversation in quietly, brow furrowing just the barest bit as she listened to the rest of her companions shoot back and forth with arguments and ideas. Aelia was lost now, too? Was it...related to the missing Squid Sisters? It seemed to be the case, as far as she could tell, but she didn't want to assume and then have her idea come out wrong.

Things were just complicated, and she didn't know what to make of it.

Lili frowned slightly at Germana's response, "But what if they're waiting for us to find them? Or if they're hurt somewhere and they need our help? Even if we do get lost it's a lot better than standing here and twiddling our thumbs, Germana. If you don't want to look what do you suggest we do? Besides stand here, of course," she finished, shaking her head.

"What if, what if, what if!" Germana retorted. "What if, someone raids the base while i's totally open? What if, they get back an' don' know where we are? Even if we split up, i's not as if we now know where you all wen' so then yer as good as lost too!"

Germana did hav valid points, that was for sure, "... I mean what're you going to do?" Lili questioned. "What is there to do? I feel uneasy just waiting around for them...."

The inkling walked around in circles, "You have no way to contact them at all? How well do you know this place? Is there a map?" She fired off a few questions. "...well, we could leave them a note... or something? Maybe? As for someone raiding the base... I have no idea." Although - Lili had to wonder - how many people knew this place anyways? And how often do Inklings and Octolings spend underground? Or even wander down here for the mater?

"Sometimes, and it makes me sick to say tha' Felix might be right, but as 'e says..."

And with that, Brutus seemed to pick up on where she was going and they spoke, in unison, "sometimes, the most productive thing ya can do is nothin' at all."

"...believe me, Oy don' like it either, and 'e's said that it can 'elp to do somethin' totally unrelated to get yer mind off it," Germana continued ruefully, "but Oy don' think anything we'd do ta try ta 'elp the situation would make it better."

"I don't like it though." Lili softly admited before letting out a exasperated sigh, "Is there anything we can do from here? How long does Felix usually take to return?" Lili found it strange that they had no ways of communication.... especially in an area like this, "...Did he say anything about where he was going?"

She questioned before crouching down and poking the floor. "This entire situation is unfortunate though." If all she could do was wait... then, she may as well hope they returned soon, enough people had already gone missing.

"If it helps," Germana mumbled, "we could called Felix. Assuming he hasn't lost his communication device, too."

"Is that so?" Her attention turned to Germana looking up at the Octoling guard, "Why don't we give it a shot then? It doesn't hurt, right? Besides, it'd be reassuring to know they're okay, and they might have information about Aelia." Lili nodded her head - her pink tentacles pressed against the ground.

@VeryButter and @Rustic 2 DE Points

Canchi ==> Talk
Magabelle ==> Talk

"Uh... Excuse me, but is Alga there?"" Canchi mumbled to himself. "Nah, that sounds creepy... Maybe, "Excuse me, sir and madam, but by any chance is Alga home...?""

While muttering, the Inkling knocked on the door, continuing a number of other possible greetings that might allow him to come off as uncreepy as possible.

Though, it was taking a while for anyone to answer the door so, Mag decided to ask, "Hey... One? ...what's your mother's name?"

"...wh-why?" One replied, stuttering.

Mag shrugged. "I'm just curious."

One paused before finally saying "P-professor Blot."

Mag blinked a few times. She was not expecting a title and a family name... but, she supposed, now she knew a little more about One.

About five minutes passed and it was becoming clear that no one was answering the door, despite having rung the doorbell twice.

"Is anyone home or something?" Canchi turned around and asked the two, growing frustrated, "there's not really any reason you'd be out and about today." He mumbled, motioning to One, "aside from helping people, I guess."

Mag would've asked something else, but unfortunately, Canchi started talking. She sighed and turned to him.

"Maybe they've gone to complain," Mag rolled her eyes, "or, maybe Alga lives by herself?"

"No, my informant Spyke, told me that she lives with her grandparents." Canchi raised two fingers.

"...then where are th-they?" One mumbled.

"I don't know..." Canchi knocked on the door again, ringing the doorbell to get their attention, if they were even in there to begin with.

"... I don't think that's going to work," Mag pointed out, watching the repetitive button pressing and door knocking.

"Yeah, but do you have a better idea?" Canchi asked, continuing his repetitive button pressing and door knocking technique. "We could break it down, but I feel like we'll get arrested really fast."

"Um... breaking it d-down m-might also make whoever o-owns the house m-mad or s-s-sad," One added, as if speaking for past experience of some sort.

"Yes, I do have a better idea," she replied, "We can ask around the neighbourhood if anyone has seen Alga or her guardians. That won't get us arrested, right?"

"Sure, it's better than standing here bruising my hands knocking on this door." Canchi retorted.

One nodded, supposedly endorsing the idea.

((Have any questions? Did I misrepresent your character? Contact me via PM or Skype. Otherwise, please mind the deadline.))

Reminders:

Posts are Due: May 4th at Midnight PST
Gm Post will (hopefully) be Made: May 5th

Will be Responded to in GM Post:
Do Nothing [sit back and let the story happen; useful when it would be dangerous to do things]
Talk [use on people you want to start a conversation with]
Shadow [use this to try to stealthily follow a target. I'll make rolls on whether you succeed or not]
Ink / Go To ______ [use this to travel from one place to another relatively quickly; ink if it's something specific, like a kettle, Go To if it's a general area]
Call [use on a person that you want to call (talk, but when not in the area)--or a item that has a number on it to contact someone you don't know]
Research [some topic; need to be in a library or have access to a computer--shellphones don't count]
Sleep [use this when there's nothing left you can do, logically, in the day]
Follow [use this to just keep together with a party member or let an NPC take the lead]

Will be Responded to Immediately:
Conceal [use this action on something you intend to hide on your person]
Pick Up [use this action on something you want to hold onto]
Examine/Observe [use on things that you want more details on]
Use [use on things that you intend to use in some way--please specify how you're using it]
Attack [use on people or objects you intend to hurt or break, specify any weapons you might be using]
Search For [use like examine but for things that may or may not be there]
Hide [Insert Applicable Preposition] [use to conceal oneself, usually for a short amount of time]

Banshee

Full Squid
NNID
Laddy-Daddy
Alga still didn't respond, reaching to stroke and fiddle with one of her tentacles as she listened to the others talk. Truthfully, she was relieved, even if she wouldn't admit it; going out to search for Aelia would probably have been dangerous, and she was happy to simply stay here and do nothing, even if there was a bit of concern as to the Octoling's wellbeing. If Lili had insisted on going...she might not have come with her.

So. It was good they were staying put and calling this...Felix guy. It made her relax, however marginally, and she breathed a small sigh through her nose.

Yeah, let's let them handle this...

Do: Nothing

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
As much as it killed Lili; she understood that doing nothing was the logical situation. That didn't mean it made it any easier though. Right now the best choice was to wait for Felix to return as well as contact him. Walking over to the Octoling guard, she nodded her head, "Alright, Germana. Let's contact, Felix. " She waited for her to lead last thing she wanted was to start touching things and get in trouble.

Lili; Do Nothing.

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
The low sun was gorgeous, as it usually is on warm afternoons. Too bad the plaza was still a torn up sight.

Being away from Inkopolis all day had blissfully tucked the affects of this morning's earthquake to back of Wade's mind, but now back at the crossroads, it dawned on Wade that 'oh yeah, Inkopolis is a freaking mess.' He remembered the morning, having thought back to it when he jotted down notes earlier, but half of him was still expecting to return to a plaza, pristine and full of the usually inkbatling crowd.

Honestly, Octovalley seemed like an entirely different world. The change in scenery was some weird whiplash to begin with.

Being in the plaza at the end of the day made it feel like another day of turfing and ink battling. Instinctively, Wade turned his view towards the display of his favorite Booyah Base shop.

Examine: Cooler Heads

Rustic

Inkling Commander
Canchi looked around the street, maybe someone knew where they went?

The street wasn't too bad, but it had probably seen better days, but he'd have to ask around for this girl's whereabouts. He went to the first house he saw, that wasn't the one he was currently at, and knocked on the front door, regardless of whether it was Magabelle's or somebody else's house. They might have seen where Alga went, even if she just went onto the bus to the Plaza, they'd have some kind of lead then.

Let's hope this isn't a dead end, he thought. Glancing around the earthquake-ed neighborhood, he wondered how much a mess his room might be right now. But Canchi's thoughts drifted back to Spyke's words. "This Inklin' you're lookin for is one of the mouldiest that ya can find."

He shook his head of those thoughts and thought back to the task at hand.

[Search: Ask around for Alga's whereabouts]

VeryButter

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
EatALLTehCereal
Mag sighed. "Alright then, uh..." she quickly glanced around the street. Where to start?

As she watched Canchi hop off to one of the houses, she opted to go to one of the neighbouring residences opposite of him, making a few steps in that direction before gesturing to One to follow. She then continued, stepping over various things in the way, until she reached her destination. Magabelle approached the door and knocked three times.

Let's hope someone's home, she thought.

Search For: Information On Alga's Whereabouts/Knock On Door and Talk: Whoever Answers

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Wade ==> Examine: Cooler Heads

The plaza was a mess, but it was nothing in comparison to the buildings... Cooler Heads was no exception.
Though there was police tape barring off the entrances to the stores, it wasn't hard to see that there had been plenty of damage done, even from looking around the outside.

The glass littering the asphalt must have partially been made up of the windows from the hat shop, because now the displays that lined the shelves were unprotected by they usual screen. Jagged shards remained, however, as a sharp reminder of what was only yesterday.
The displays themselves were no longer arrayed for presentation, the quake having shook them to and fro.

Wade had looked in on this window too many times in the past and knew, from heart, that while some of the hats were lying in the shards, a few, notably some headphones and a bobble hat, were nowhere to be seen. It really hit home how bad things had gotten if even for just one day.

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Canchi ==> Search: For Alga

Canchi began his search, knocking door to door--it looked like Mag was getting to work as well, so hopefully altogether they'd find something out about this Alga girl.

> Base Pool 4
> 2 Successes on Search

Some door to door salesmenship showed the fruits of effort, Canchi quickly get an older gentleman who responded, in a very explicit tone, "yeah, I saw the muddy kid! She was walkin' toward the abandoned house! Of them... squid sissies? With a weird case too! Can't trust kids these day, you can't! What do ya need? Are ya one of her friends!?"

It took a little bit for Canchi to explain that he was just looking for her and, with an annoyed response, got the door shut in his face. Still, he found out what he needed to know.

Returning to Alga's house, he shared what he now knew with Mag and One, and they explained that Alga's grandparents were heading to the bus stop to go look for her. What now?

Mag ==> Search: For Alga

With One in tow, Magabelle went to the other side of the street and began to go door to door, in the same hope that they'd find some information on Alga's whereabouts.

> Base Pool 4
> 1 Success on Search

Mag didn't have that much luck and it was only when she was about to give up knocking on another door that someone came to answer. She didn't look like much, pretty much just some suburban mom. The lady looked at the kids questioningly and Mag froze up. She didn't exactly have a pitch so, quickly, Mad asked in a quick stutter where Alga might be.

"The brown girl? Not that sure," the lady replied, "but her guardians--I want to say they're her grandparents?--they were headed to the bus stop. They've been looking for her too. Wasn't too long ago. If you have some information on her, you might wanna go let them know."

Mag and One return to Alga's house to find Canchi and explain the situation; Canchi explains that Alga was last seen going to the Squid Sister's house with a weird case in tow. What now?

VeryButter

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
EatALLTehCereal
((.n.))
"So..." Mag trailed off, giving herself a few moments to think. Alga was last seen going to the Sister's house? With a case, too... maybe her guitar case?... why?

Shaking her head, she figured she wasn't going to find the answers to her questions just by standing around, and continued talking. "...I say we check Callie and Marie's house. She could still around there."

Talk: Canchi

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Wade squinted into the display, distinctly picking up what was off, and yet still hesitant to believe it. Mostly because he would never touch a thing on the shelves without permission, whatever the case may be.

It'd been a day; how was merchandise gone? It wasn't like the hats had just been jostled off the displays. Broken in windows, missing store items.... All in the chaos of "natural" disaster...

Automatically, Wade suspiciously glanced around the plaza, wondering if he could see anyone with oddly familiar headgear.

Search: Headphones and bobble hat

Last edited:

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Wade ==> Search: Headphones and Bobble Hat

Wade took his time, looking for anyone who might have pilfered the headphones or the hat; there were a lot of people in the plaza though.
Plenty of them had hats and headphones of the same model... really there was no way to pick out if anyone had taken them at all.

...but seriously, if someone had stolen those articles, they were probably long gone. They'd had the whole disaster day to take advantage of the chaos.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
(( ... ))

"Well..." Canchi said, mentally weighing the options between going and finding Alga, thus letting her grandparents worry about her, or going to ask them about Alga, but losing the warmest trail that they had in finding her.

"I say we go find her Grandparents first-- Oh wait," he looked over at One, "I forgot it's a 2v1..." Canchi sighed, but then he perked up. "At least we'll see if the Squid Sisters are really sick, right?" He started to walk to the house down the street.

(( Go to: Squid Sisters' House. ))

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
@Aykorn DE Points: 1
Wade is Searching for Perps...

Alga ==> Do Nothing
Lili ==> Do Nothing

The group, an air of silence falling over them after Lili said "Let's contact Felix," followed Germana to the end of the hallway. The door at the other end of the hall had the cold, metallic look of the entrance, before the living quarters, foreshadowing a more business-like atmosphere.

It did not disappoint.

Germana scanned her hand against a pad at the side of the door and a soft click resonated from the metal door in front of them. Through the door was a dark, spacious room lit only by the ambient light of various computer screens. The sheer number of them, however, made the room as visible as the well-lit hallway.

It was a rather large, symmetrical room with plenty of seats in front of different computers, all lined up in parallel. Germana quickly led the group through the aisle between the computers, motioning for the others to follow as she made her way to the biggest monitor looming at the opposite end.

Taking a seat, she said, "dis is the main comm' room. We research 'n' communicate from 'ere." Typing with two fingers into the keyboard in front of her, Germana input some text commands into what looked like a computer shell. A password and a username were all it took for the gigantic computer in front of them to boot up into a more standard-looking OS.

It took her a bit, but the Octoling finally pulled up a janky-looking communication application then typed in the command:

> Call Felix

An old-fashioned ringing sound effect jingled from a huge set of speakers located tactically throughout the room--whatever was displayed on this main computer was meant to be heard throughout the room.

It only took a few rings for them to get to their mark. "Ya've reached the number of resident snarker and sneak. What're ya be needin'?"

"Jus' makin' sure ya ain't dead," Germana mumbled.

"Aww, 'ow sweet o' ya!" Felix cooed, all-too-sweet. "Oy nevah would'a guessed that our ice queen was openin' up to my roguish charms!"

"...Do ya guys 'ave anythin' ya wanna say to this jerk before Oy 'ang up on him?"

Canchi ==> Go To: Squid Sisters' House
Magabelle ==> Talk

Mag's eyes followed Canchi as he started to walk, and after a moment, she quickly went to his side and matched his pace.

"Hey, uh," she began, but took a pause. What to say? "...why are you helping us?"

"That... is actually a good question," Canchi answered, he sighed tiredly. "I uh... I don't really know the answer."

He looked over at Magabelle, "heck, it could be sheer curiosity, some form of a Good Samaritan deed, or my beautiful personality," he chuckled at the last bit.

Surprisingly, One chipped in, in his meek voice. "Y-your personality k-kind of s-scares me, a-actually." He mumbled.

"...g-guys actually s-scare me, k-kind of, s-s-sort of..." he trailed off... before starting up again, going about as loud as they'd ever heard him speak. "B-but I-I-I'm happy you're h-h-here to h-h-help me!!"

With that he did a full bow, with his head facing all the way down, his body in a perfect ninety degrees.

He stayed like that for a short while, actually.

Canchi stopped for One's little comment and bow. "Well, to be honest, dude. You erm... kinda started giving me the creeps after you," he looked around before leaning in closer, "exploded into Ink in that tunnel back in the subway."

One noticably blushed, finally pulling himself up. "Uh. I-I-I... uh... I'm n-not supposed... mom said... um..."

He trailed off, clearly not wanting to talk about what happened down in the subway.

Mag, noticing that Canchi and One had stopped, did the same. She noticably tensed when One spoke, but didn't do anything. She walked back a step so that she was closer to the two boys.

"Let's keep going," Mag sighed, trying to cut the subject.

Canchi rolled his eyes, "alright Mag, let's not talk and walk." He replied, moving briskly to get to the house.

"That's not..." Mag started, but then just sighed, dragging a hand down her face. She looked at One briefly before continuing on.

Canchi didn't respond to Magabelle. He kept walking until he sighed, slowing his pace. "Magabelle, you were going to say something?" He asked her.

"What?" Mag looked at Canchi, matching his pace, "No, I wasn't."

"But..." Canchi started, confused, "you mumbled something before we started moving again." Looking back at where they were before.

"It wasn't important," Mag replied.

Canchi shrugged, "whatever you say."

It wasn't much longer until the two arrived at the Squid Sister's house. However, there was someone standing outside the house already. Mag could vaguely make out the shape of--

"Mom!" One shouted, making both Mag and Canchi jump as he run up to the woman.

What now?

((Have any questions? Did I misrepresent your character? Contact me via PM or Skype. Otherwise, please mind the deadline.))

Reminders:

Posts are Due: June 5th at Midnight PST
Gm Post will (hopefully) be Made: June 6th

Do Nothing [sit back and let the story happen; useful when it would be dangerous to do things]
Shadow [use this to try to stealthily follow a target. I'll make rolls on whether you succeed or not]
Ink / Go To ______ [use this to travel from one place to another relatively quickly; ink if it's something specific, like a kettle, Go To if it's a general area]
Call [use on a person that you want to call (talk, but when not in the area)--or a item that has a number on it to contact someone you don't know]
Research [some topic; need to be in a library or have access to a computer--shellphones don't count]
Follow [use this to just keep together with a party member or let an NPC take the lead]

Use [use on things that you intend to use in some way--please specify how you're using it]
Attack [use on people or objects you intend to hurt or break, specify any weapons you might be using]
Hide [Insert Applicable Preposition] [use to conceal oneself, usually for a short amount of time]

Last edited:

Banshee

Full Squid
NNID
Laddy-Daddy
Alga was somewhat taken with the scenery surrounding her, and though she did itch to tap at one of the keyboards and pull up a browser, she resisted rather well, in he opinion at least. She moved off towards the back alongs with the others and stuffed her hands into her pockets, pursing her lips and listening attentively at the conversation.

Well, Felix hadn't exactly been what she was expecting, but it didn't really matter. She'd let Lili try to take care of this; she herself didn't know what to say, or if she could even say it without messing the words up. Best to just keep on the down low and listen...

Do: Nothing

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
((Haha, whoops, went overboard, I'm just kinda glad to be writing for this again with some focus))

Somehow, Wade knew beforehand that there'd be no point in searching for the headgear, but he couldn't help that quick glance out at the plaza-dwellers, or the bit of disappointment afterwards.

He sighed, putting his focus back to the smashed display window, frowning at the shards laying about.

Wow. There could be something said here. About this window... and all of this glass. Something something relating metaphor about desolation, despair. Glass, shattered like his view of the world.

Wade took a moment to mentally cringe, becoming acutely aware that he was more exhausted then he realized. His thoughts were getting away from him and spiraling in weird directions. Like, where was he even going with that? View of the world? An awful world where people steal hats? Maybe? Wow, how terrible. How would his innocence return, especially after listening in on a shady business deal from a organization that was literally erasing people's memories?

...Yeah, kelp was tangled in the world to begin with --he was aware of that-- but it suddenly felt a lot closer to home with the recent developments. Wade closed his eyes for a minute. A lot really had happened today.

Suddenly, he wished he'd kept the Zapfish doll from earlier so he could curl up for a quick nap somewhere, and use it as a pillow. He would have been back for Zapfish Jr., but the Captain hadn't been around when they left and Wade wasn't sure if taking the doll would be rude or not. At least he'd been nice enough to move it back towards the shack ...so that it could be with the rest of the zapfish dolls and wouldn't be alone.

So then they had left Octo Valley and returned to Inkopolis (without Zapfish Jr), and now Wade was here. In this familiar place and time.

The sun was setting, and he was standing outside of the Tower, just outside of Cooler Heads. Coincidentally, with a little more insight on the darkness that was Deepview. More insight on what he didn't know the day before, even more insight on what he still didn't know now. Wade looked back at the broken hat shop and felt a stirring dread bubble inside him. He still didn't know enough to know where Annie went. She was still gone, and worst yet, in her disappearance people were ransacking her shop. It made Wade want to clutch his torso and crumple to the ground. All of these terrible things happening to Annie... and she was the last person to deserve all of this.

He didn't melt into a puddle on the pavement --as much as he wanted to-- instead, turning his back to the shop and walking to his bike, patiently exhaling through his nose until the feelings ebbed away. There wasn't much left to do in the Plaza besides leave. He'd go home, he'd try to clean his room, he'd...

Wade briefly felt over the card in his hand, glancing over the digits. He'd ...try to call Cato.

Wow, another day, another number.

Wade allowed himself a quizzical smirk. Was he just getting popular or were people just too paranoid to hand out their emails? Briefly looking over Cato's number, Wade had to wonder if the octarian even had an email to give out or.... jeez, did he even have internet? Did Octarians have computers? This was a legitimate question.

Something in him was suddenly giddy about talking to this new person, living in a world so unlike his own. Something in him was also renewed with determination as he crinkled the card in this hand. As long as he had things like numbers, tangible leads to go off of, there would still be a chance. There would always be some clue to keep following, and some hope of pinning down the truth.

No more cold trails,
Wade assured himself. He'd keep trying to find the answers that lead back to Annie.

Go To: Wade's Apartment

Last edited:

VeryButter

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
EatALLTehCereal
...Wait, what?

Magabelle spent a bit staring as One rejoined with his mother, who happened to be Beth. Lucky coincidence?

It took her a while to snap out of her initial surprise, but once she did, she was prompt to approach the two, giving them a quick "hey!" as she drew close. She gave Beth a smile.

"Uh... I found him?" she said, following along with an awkward laugh.

Talk: Beth (and One)

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
As she followed Germana to contact Felix; Lili couldn't help but glance around. After all she'd never seen anything like this and that piqued her entrance; everything was not like anything she'd seen in Inkoplisis. As Germana opened the the young inkling couldn't help but bounce in her spot; full of excitement.

It wasn't untill the she had walked into the comm room that Lili began to sparkle. Lili dashed around inspeftibg closely (but never touched anything). The pink head couldn't help but marvel; it was still all quite new to her. Her attention turned back to the group when they contacted Felix stumbling over.
When Germana had asked if they wanted to say anything; she remained silent before speaking up.

"Have you found anything? "

Talk to; Felix.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
Canchi looked between One and his Mom. Confusion being overridden by curiosity. One's Mom, the woman, the myth, the mystery. He thought.
For some reason, I expected his mom to be... like that woman in Perry Mappins. He thought, quickly running over to the two, letting his curiosity take over.

When Magabelle spoke up about "finding him," most likely for the woman. He looked at her quizzically, wondering what she meant by that.

"You found him for her?" He asked.

[Action: Talk Magabelle, and most likely One and his Mom]

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
@Aykorn DE Points: 1
Wade ==> Go To: Home

The ride home didn't feel right. Wade had to take the side-roads that he'd used before to get home because a surprisingly large number of cars simply sat abandoned on the road.

...At least he hadn't given up his bike.

Since he remembered the way, it didn't take more than twenty minutes to weave the odd path back to the apartments. But passing by the broken shops and abandoned cars, bathed in the light of dusk, made the city seem all alien. There were squids sitting in the streets, but no bustle. Motion, but no sound. The air was stale.

Wade felt like the only real person alive.

Walking up the steps to his apartment, Wade opened the door to the same mess he'd left. It was only then, in the confines of his home, that Wade realized that he was incredibly tired. His feet hurt. His legs hurt. His head hurt. He was starving. And now, there was this room to clean.

Great.

Well, what first?

Alga ==> Do Nothing
Lili ==> Talk: Felix

"Aww, 'ow sweet o' ya!" Felix cooed, all-too-sweet. "Oy nevah would'a guessed that our ice queen was openin' up to my roguish charms!"

"...Do ya guys 'ave anythin' ya wanna say to this jerk before Oy 'ang up on him?"

"Have you found anything?" Lili asked.

"'Oo's this?" Felix responded, not missing a beat. "Oy don' recognize yer voice. Yer accent says yer an inklin--ah! Germa, wha's the pinkie doin' outta her cage?"

"Jus' answer 'er question."

"Nah, this is a weeny bit important," he shot back.

"Brutus is back and vouches fer 'er. Now, 'ave ya found anythin'?"

"Hii!" Brutus interjected, but he was ignored.

"Not anythin' yet. Been combin' the sewers more but Oy ain' found anythin on Aelia. She doesn' 'ave 'er tracker on 'er even though we been tellin' 'er to wear it."

Lili nearly rolled her eyes at being callled 'pinkie' again; although she nearly laughed at Brutus when he interjected. "Really? Nothing? That's weird; it's not normal for her to /not/ wear it, is it? Is it possible it could have been lost?" She questioned, maybe it was possibly lying around somewhere...? Perhaps Aelia wasn't even in the sewers anymore. " She tapped her chin thoughtfully, "What was Aelia doing before she vanished? Do you know?"

"Tha's what we wanted to know from you, Pinkie," Felix retorted. "Ya were with 'er last, remember? An' ye, she never wears the damn thing--says it violates 'er pry-vo-sea." He pronouned the last words with some annoyance, as if it were a cardinal sin. Or that he just didn't understand the word.

"Yeah," Germana confirmed. "We've been tryin' ta get 'er ta wear it fer ages. Speakin' o' which, Brutus, where's yers?"

"Me wallet," he responded, cheerfully. ...before looking downtrodden and adding, "which Oy lost."

"Nah," Felix went on, "we foun' it wif some random Inklin', don' worry 'bout it. Anyway, Pinkie, tha's the skinny--ya ain't askin any questions we ain't already."

"Well, I already told you what happened." She let out a sigh, was there something she had missed, maybe? Lili tried to rack her brain but that didn't accomplish much. "All I remember is she told me to wait before going off; and only told me to look for her after fifteen minutes which I did. Then I ran into you guys. I have just as information as you."

The pink-haired inkling poted as she crossed her arms. "Do you happen to know anything about the Squid Sisters disappearence? It might be a bit far-fetched but if everyone's randomly vanishing it could be connected." She then rubbed the back of her head. The lack of clues were alarming; it really felt like Aelia had just... vanished.

"We we're lookin' into that as well," Felix said, offhandedly. Having heard what he wanted to hear, he seemed to stop caring. "Unfortunately, we found the same stuff as ya did. An empty 'ouse, and no sisters. Seein' as they're our founders and funders, tha's a bit o' an issue."

"It really is a dead end for now..." It was perplexing , really. At this point she wasn't sure /what/ to do. One option was to to scour through the tunnels and see if they could do anything. That would take a while, sadly. "What will you do if you can't find anything?" What options did they have? There was only so much they could do. Perhaps it really was best to just wait and not do anything. "Is there anything we can do to help?"

"Nawt really, love," Felix shrugged. "Jus' wait fer us to check ever nook 'n cranny an' tha's it. Fer now, ya should sleep 'ere though. Oy'd like ta share this info wif ya all tomorrow bright an' early, Oy would."

Although Lili had taken in all of Felix's information - she /was/ curious about him mentioning that the Squid Sisters were their founders. Honestly, there was a lot Lili didn't know about them. Most of the Inklings saw them as lovely idols - but - it would seem that they were more than that.

As much as the pink inkling wanted to ask Felix questions about what he had stated; it was probably best to save the questions later and then let them resume their search. "I have a few more questions for you but I suppose they can wait until tomorrow." Lili spoke, "I guess I'll see you tomorrow; make sure you stay safe." After all if Felix vanished that would be another thorn in their side and much more worrying. Hopefully he would return safe. "That's all I have to say. I'm done Germana." She turned to the Octoling.

“Thank the Deep Ones,” Germana sighed, as she quickly ended the voice call with another command into the prompt. She turned off the main computer and then ushered everyone out of the room.

Brutus seemed excited to show the girls around his room, but Brutus was ushered to his own room; Germana promised to tuck him in later and he went silently enough.

With a glare, Germa showed Alga and Lili to their room--one that seemed for guests--with four beds in the four corners, with colors matched by the rug. The lighting was nice, not too bright and not too dim, giving the room a warm feeling and the sky wallpaper made everything seem so open.

It seemed homey enough. But the Octoling’s goodbye was anything but. She glared at the two Inklings then slammed the door, leaving them to their own devices.

At least she didn’t throw around any threats. What now?

Canchi ==> Talk: Beth
Magabelle ==> Talk: Beth

It took her a while to snap out of her initial surprise, but once she did, Mag was prompt to approach the two, giving them a quick "hey!" and a smile.

"Uh... I found him?" she said, following along with an awkward laugh.

"You found him for her?" Canchi asked.

"So she did," Beth said, a gentle smile on her face. She was stroking One's head lovingly holding him close. He made no effort to pull away. "Pray, where was my little troublemaker?"

Magabelle looked at Canchi. "...yes?" Then she just shrugged.

"Okay then..." He replied.

"We found--," Canchi paused, before he corrected himself, "well actually, she found him on a subway train. I just tagged along because I was wondering what they were doing there."

"...Isn't the train down?" Beth asked, suspiciously.

"I-I w-was waiting," One explained, as if that made everything clearer.

"I... see," Beth responded... as if that made everything clearer. "In any case, thank you, you two. I would love to have you over for tea or coffee--do you have a preference?--as thanks for finding my boy... but it's a bit late now. I'd also like to ask what you were doing heading here." She made a broader gesture toward the Squid Sister's house. "But we can save that for later. For now... I'm just glad to have One back."

One snuggled closer into Beth's embrace as they spoke; they seemed natural to be together, the confident mother and the tentative son.

Magabelle looked at the sky, only just noting the time of day. Wow.

"...yeah, it's... late," she sighed. But why is Beth here?...

Canchi shrugged. "I don't really have a preference."

"But uh... is his name actually One or is that a shortened form of something or...?" He asked, curious about the reasoning behind One's name.

"...it is short for something," Beth added, her tone getting more serious. "I will talk with One tonight and tomorrow I'll explain if I have to, but not before. For now, just consider it a weird name and--"

"M-my name i-i-is w-weird?" One began, sobs coming up in his voice. Again, a chill started up in the air, noticable to both Canchi and Mag.

"No, no..." Beth cooed. "Don't worry. Don't worry. You're not weird." Petting his head, the odd aura calmed down as well. She looked to Mag and then to Canchi; they didn't seem terribly surprised at what had happened, though had clearly noticed.

With a calculated pause, the mother said, carefully, "visit tomorrow and I can answer that."

Mag blinked in confusion. "Okay? We'll be sure to do that, then..." she shrugged again.

Canchi rose one of his brows in a questioning manner, "sure, I guess." He added, saving his questions for later.

((Have any questions? Did I misrepresent your character? Contact me via PM or Discord. Otherwise, please mind the deadline.))

Reminders:

Posts are Due: June 25th at Midnight PST
Gm Post will (hopefully) be Made: June 26th

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom