• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

-Missing- IC Thread: RP Cast Filled

Banshee

Full Squid
NNID
Laddy-Daddy
All of that being said and done, the Inkling kept her distance as she held the weapons case close to her heart, clicking it closed but keeping her hands firm upon it. She surveyed the area quietly, frowning and looking distrustfully at the two before deigning to lean forward just a bit for a closer look.

"So..." She cleared her throat of any hoarseness, though her voice still trembled just a bit. "Wh-What all did you find..." Oh, she hated this. She hated having to work with people she didn't know. But, this was her only option, she knew. She couldn't just leave. Not anymore.

"Not.... much really. We just got here. Hopefully we'll find something."

That... That honestly sounded pitiful.

Alga's eye twitched and she took another deep breath, staring the two down before shaking her head. "...A-After you, then."

Do Nothing

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Search for: Makeshift weapon

It's true that there is plenty of refuse lying around however...

In this alleyway, nor much was affected. No building collapsed so there weren't any skeletal pieces of buidings lying around--and besides, an I-Bar would probably be too heavy to swing around much anyway.

There was garbage, but that was more likely to annoy or disgust rather than hinder. The worst that was around was probably a few shards of glass from broken windows and bottles from all assortments of places.

Ashlee

Inkster Jr.
NNID
KikyoTheHedgehog
Seeing as there was nothing she could really use in defense, she wasn't armed at all. And considering that she's been caught, she debated on running. However, they didn't seem to be armed, so she stood her ground, though seemed at a loss to say anything, other than "Um."

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Wade got on his tippy-toes to peek out from behind Jax, only to frown out the doorway at the unexpected guest.

They were shifting their eyes around for whatever reason, like they were nervous or searching for something, but they soon went speechless. Clearly your usual, random person you find in a doorway. Had they heard anything of the conversation?

Wade flicked a glance back to Jax, quietly remarking. "I'm... going to go out on a limb and say this wasn't the friend you were expecting."

If they had heard anything that was said in that backroom... well, who knew what that meant. But if they hadn't, this person might just be a normal cafe go-er, surprised and checking in on their favorite spot.

Either way, it was probably advantageous to straighten out the situation. Wade stepped forward, hoping for a nice, casual encounter. Or to casually edge behind them and stop them from dashing off right away.

"Hey... we were just about to close this place up. It's a bit of a mess right now."

Talk To: Miffed-looking Inkling with the odd ear-accessory

Banshee

Full Squid
NNID
Laddy-Daddy
Lili levelled Alga with a curious stare before shrugging good-naturedly and gesturing for Brutus to come with. "Well, if you're sure! Come on Brutus, let's go..."

The duo made their way towards the back of the house as Lili had initially planned. The white picket fencing was crossed with ease, and the debris littering the back yard was dodged with minimal effort. A smile of amusement wormed its way to her face as she saw Brutus tumbling around the overturned trees and littered holes in the ground, grunting to himself as he traversed the land. The almost childishly determined expression was a sight of endless endearment, really it was!

Soon, they reached the back yard, and Lili took a quick moment to take in the scene. One could tell that this area had been expertly tended to, complete with a gazebo and a patio adorned with a set of chairs and tables which now lay strewn about in various states of disrepair. The sight was almost a little saddening to see; had nothing gone untouched by the fearsome earthquake?

Lili decided to take a small look around, edging towards the ruined patio while keeping an eye on Alga for reassurance. "Ahh, what a mess..."

Lili: Examine: Squid Sisters' back patio

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Examine: Squid Sisters' back patio

The wooden floor of the white patio was plain, but it looked like it had a new coat of paint on it; like everything else it was simple, but well attended to. Clean, were it not for the rubbish that was knocked all over it. Stone benches made for comfortable places to sit... if there weren't dirt from broken potted plants dusting the surface.

There were a few exotic plants that looked like they were from some island somewhere, but they were small and littered all over the patio floor now. All except for two... though they were teetering on the edge. They looked like little palm trees. How cute!

Brutus, however, was the one who found the note. It was posted on the glass back door and read: "Wait here!" in the same handwriting as the last note.

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
"Oi! Brutus; what is that?" Lili stared at the note for a good couple of seconds; after she had approached him. The note hung on a glass wall - clear for everyone to see. Huh, well that was demanding wasn't it? Right now the inkling had a couple of choices - two specifically came to mind. She could do as she wanted and be a rebel - possibly try to find a way into the Sisters' house? Or she could wait... around. Crossing her arms she debated over the choices she had right now. Gently grabbing the note from from the door she glanced at Brutus and Alga.

Turning to the crew she spoke up; "We have two options right now - we can wait around here - or we can find a way in... without breaking something. Which do you guys prefer?" Lili questioned the duo, "I mean - we could find evidence inside before Brutus' friends arrive... it might save time?" Lili suggested - she honestly didn't want to stand around for zapfish knows how long. "So?" She waited for her groups input.

Talk to: Brutus and Alga

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
And without further ado. Hopefully...

@Aykorn and @Ashlee

Confluence

Wade stepped forward, hoping for a nice, casual encounter. Or to casually edge behind them and stop them from dashing off right away.

"Hey... we were just about to close this place up. It's a bit of a mess right now."

"Yeah," Jax added, without pause. "Sorry for any inconvenience this might have caused, though if you have a complaint it would have been better to go through the proper channels--i.e. phone or email. Not through the kitchen."

"O-Oh, um, no worries!" Ash chirped, an ear flicking nervously as she put her hood down. The accessory seemed to take the place of her real ears. "To be honest, I followed someone here, thinking they were up to no good.. They looked a little suspicious.."

"Oh-h! Well..." Wade glanced restlessly at Jax, to see how he'd react. Considering Wade had been the sketchiest person to enter the alley recently... that could be him. Maybe. Krak.

Time for an improv bluff. "Wow, there are lots of sketchy people who go down alleyways. That could be anyone," Wade pointed out.

"Anyway," Jax picked up, "what did they look like? Why did they seem sketchy? Male, female? Inkopolis has been trying to reduce crime since its founding--I would be happy to help reporting whoever this odd individual may be if you don't feel confident enough to do it yourself."

"Oh, well, it was a male Inkling, that much I know.." Ash replied, scratching the back of her head. "A-And I saw him walk in through this door.. He looked back at me several times, and then left the door open.."

Wade quirked the edge of his mouth up and gave a noncommittal shrug.

"Uhm, that's not exactly much to go off of... Unless you're talking about one of us and simultaneously calling us suspicious."

Wade was actually wondering if he had left the door open, but for now, Jax had the right idea. Be helpful.

"Do you remember anything, anything else?" Jax repeated.

Ash seemed to think, before shaking her head. "Nothing other than that he was carrying a can of soda or something.."

Wade lowered his hat a little in response. "Pfft, seriously, I think that could be anyone."

Yup, that was him.

He'd start creeping behind the conversation in case things got sticky.

Wade side-eye'd Jax, slightly passive-aggressively, "'Cause I mean, there are just soooo many vending machines around. You know?"

"Yeah, he's right," Jax said, either ignoring the sentiment or missing it entirely. "We're going to need more to go off of."

Ash eyed Wade slightly at his response. "Actually.. Now that I look at you, he looked alot like you.." Not to mention he was acting guilty, in her mind, and trying to play it off as nothing.

Wade lowered his hat completely, pausing before huffing. "You know, I thought you might say that."

Part of him felt caught in a trap, the other saw that trying to edge away was doing no good. He was actually curious about this situation, too. If this girl could accuse, she could also answer questions.

"So, let’s say I am your 'sketchy character.'" Wade crossed his arms. "....What now?"

Jax eyed Ash, waiting for her response. He grinned slightly as he took a relaxed pose, putting his hands in his pockets.

Ash seemed to think a moment, crossing her arms and shifting her weight to one foot. "Well.." She said quietly, an ear flicking as she watched the two. "If you WERE my 'sketchy character'... I'd have a few questions for you... Like, why be so sneaky and secretive if you're just going into a cafe? Or, why leave the door open if you knew somebody was following you, considering you were being sneaky?"

Wade shrugged awkwardly.

"It was an impromptu, secret tea party. How else do you show up to those besides sketchy and fashionably late?"

He motioned towards Jax. "And despite this being RSVP only, apparently someone else was supposed to attend. So, the doors stayed unlocked."

Jax probably didn't find this lie very good. Wade could feel it. But on the outside, he continued to play along.

"It's embarrassing, but we do this all the time." His smile was oddly convincing, though to Wade, it was odd that it was there at all. Jax always seemed to be neutral.

"...An improptu tea party?" Ash asked, eyeing the two. "...And you're expecting someone else to come, but yet you're leaving? Please forgive me, but.. This has lie written all over it."

She sighed and shook her head, shrugging a bit. "Still though, as long as you guys aren't doing anything bad, I guess it doesn't matter if you're lying or not. ...By the way have you guys seen the people who've taken over the shops? I haven't gone in them in a while, because I have all the gear I need, but..." She frowned, "I've seen them in the windows. First Callie and Marie go missing.. Now the shop keepers at Booyah Base?"

She sighed, shaking her head again. "I call foul play. Big time."

Wade stiffened, his eyes shifting to the floor. "...Yeah, I have seen the stores."

The smirk he had started wearing after making such a botched, lighthearted lie drained away. The comment on Deepview was too open to be insincere. She didn't know what she was skirting on. Wade had to hint something.

"Hey, what's... your name?" He asked. Wade rubbed the back of his neck, unsure how to go about this. "...Do you go chasing everyone who you think looks suspicious? Because... you might want to... Not."

Jax said nothing, simply keeping his hands in his pockets, eying Ash.

"My name?" She blinked, "It's Ash. And no, I don't usually chase people around, unless I'm in a Battle... But with all the weird stuff happening lately, I couldn't help it this time. And I swear I saw an Octoling earlier in the crowd back at the Plaza!"

An octoling? And the strange things she was referring to must have meant the earthquake. Those two things might actually relate. Wade was starting to wonder if they should leave her like this, actively curious and looking for clues.

"Look, Ash," Wade began, "if you start trying to look into this stuff, there might be people that--" He bit his tongue and stopped himself. "...You're going to attract trouble if you aren't careful."

"What my ever-sketchy friend is trying to say is," Jax said, sighing, "can you learn to live without knowing what's going on around you? We can't. It's better if we could. But we can't. If you can, then you should."

"I'm too observant for that." Ash laughed, grinning a bit. "Not when we have things that need solving.. Like what the heck is going on lately. Yeah, I know I'd attract trouble to myself, especially now with all the weird things, but I'm trying to get a permit to carry my Octobrush around. Anyone tried to hurt me, they'd get a good smack to the face."

Wade blinked, looking over Ash thoughtfully. He tilted his head curiously, his hat no longer concealing his eyes. Wade opened his mouth to speak, but everything he wanted to say was... hypocritical.

"Ash, you--" He turned back to Jax, sort of at a loss for words. "What if...? I mean, she found her way here."

Jax looked thoughtful for a moment. Then finally said, "what would you do if I attacked you right here because I was part of a gigantic conspiracy? What if I had some way to kill you or permanently scar you for life and you'd just walked into a trap? Would you regret your actions?"

Jax fingered something in his pocket as he spoke, but looked Ash straight in the eyes.

"Depends." Ash replied, after a moment of thinking, one of the ear accessories flicking like a real fox ear. "At this moment? I might regret it, because, really, there's nothing that's been found out. No big discovery, nothing's helped anybody at the moment, by my being here. If it had helped someone, I probably wouldn't have regretted it."

"However, I doubt you WOULD hurt me." She smiled, "You two seem too nice. Besides, if you were gonna hurt me, you would have already, instead of just talking to me. I noticed he'd been casually inching around the side incase I ran."

Wade put his hands up in defeat. "Thanks for humoring me, I guess," Wade muttered. "I wouldn't hurt you. Fair. But that's not really what you should be worried about."

"Unlike Wade here," Jax said, slowly, "I'm not entirely convinced. I think your story is more sketchy than ours, if better laid out. Why should we trust you."

"A good question, but another good question is: Why shouldn't you trust me?" Ash replied, looking to Jax. "I mean, I've been nothing but honest with you guys. And hey, if I wanted to hurt y'all, there's a LOT of shards of glass here that I could have used. Sure, I woulda cut my hands, but if I wanted to hurt you guys, that wouldn't have mattered."

Wade shook his head. "He's right. You tailing us out of nowhere, specifically looking for trouble, bringing up the 'replacements'...?" Sounded like bait. But he wanted to trust this person because they were either oblivious and recklessly headed for a brainwash... or a trap meant to deceive.

Wade racked his mind for some sort of way to tell the difference, but instead, he came to another conclusion.

"If you're some kind of double crosser," he began, "you've already seen us. If you aren't, you're toast unless because, there was seriously nothing cautious about waiting by the door of a sketchy cafe, and you're probably going to do this again."

Wade looked to Jax. "What do we do?"

"This," Jax pulled out what he had in his pocket--a disruptor. While throwing it at Ash, Jax prepared another weapon from an inner pocket. A certified ink-knife. While Ash was stunned from the disruptor, he dodged behind her. Although she put up a decent fight, which is amazing considering her disrupted state, in the end, Jax got behind her with a knife.

“I don’t mean to splat you--after all, you’d just end up respawning somewhere else with a nasty scar.” The words were said without malice. They were simple and matter of fact. “No, what I need is cooperation. You may think I’m dangerous now, but I need to be. Others that stick their noses where they don’t belong end up losing a lot. Distrust any shadow. Beware everyone.”

He shrugged. “Honestly, I prepared this stuff in case Wade ended up being a trap. No offense, dude, but I’m still considering that possibility.”

Jax went on. “So, you will work with us and you will find the truth. If what you said is true, which I will be trying to discern as we go, then you should be getting what you want.”

Systematically, Jax checked all of Ash’s pockets until he found her shellphone. Even in this situation she was trying to fight back, but the disruptor only wore off when Jax had fallen back to a safe position.

“Work with us. We have a lead on the Squid Sisters, assuming it’s not a trap.” Putting his knife away and pulling out another disruptor from his pocket, Jax, finished with, “Also, you can’t get a permit for carrying an Octobrush. Shooter-type weapons are considered actual weapons while brushes and rollers are still considered simply dangerous sporting equip--wait. More important things are afoot. Follow me.”

@lonelyrollingsquid 1 Credit

One Warning.

((Have any questions? Did I misrepresent your character? Contact me via PM or Skype. Deadline is later because I'm moving tomorrow and will not have stable internet.))

Reminders:

Posts are Due: Friday, 30th of October at Midnight PST
Gm Post will (hopefully) be Made: Sunday 1st of November at Midnight PST

Will be Responded to in GM Post:
Talk [use on people you want to start a conversation with]
Shadow [use this to try to stealthily follow a target. I'll make rolls on whether you succeed or not]
Ink / Go To ______ [use this to travel from one place to another relatively quickly; ink if it's something specific, like a kettle, Go To if it's a general area]
Call [use on a person that you want to call (talk, but when not in the area)--or a item that has a number on it to contact someone you don't know]
Research [some topic; need to be in a library or have access to a computer--shellphones don't count]
Sleep [use this when there's nothing left you can do, logically, in the day]

Will be Responded to Immediately:
Conceal [use this action on something you intend to hide on your person]
Examine/Observe [use on things that you want more details on]
Use [use on things that you intend to use in some way--please specify how you're using it]
Attack [use on people or objects you intend to hurt or break, specify any weapons you might be using]
Search For [use like examine but for things that may or may not be there]
Hide [Insert Applicable Preposition] [use to conceal oneself, usually for a short amount of time]

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
@Banshee and @xCoCo Coco has 1 credit.

Confluence: Talk

Turning to the crew she spoke up; "We have two options right now - we can wait around here - or we can find a way in... without breaking something. Which do you guys prefer?" Lili questioned the duo, "I mean - we could find evidence inside before Brutus' friends arrive... it might save time?" Lili suggested - she honestly didn't want to stand around for zapfish knows how long. "So?" She waited for her group’s input.

"Aelia said to wait, so Oy'm gonna wait," Brutus said, firmly. "Besides, Oy wouldn' wanna break anything on the way in. Oy'm... kinda... uh... clumsy." He seemed rather embarrassed about that last part.

A pity she waited, because Alga didn't really have anything to say. She trudged along behind the two and kept her case steady in her grip, glancing around before looking at Lili quietly. She wasn't apt for making decisions; it was honestly up to Lili and her friend.

Lili pouted ever so slightly, well, that wasn't what she wanted but - "I figured you were clumsy Brutus." After all, he did fall and hit his head, "Well, we could wait around - but if so, then Alga, Brutus, tell me about yourselves?" If they were going to wait around may as well talk to each other

Here, Alga's eyes narrowed, and she looked away with a shrug of the shoulder. "Nothin' m-much," Came the mumble. "I'm an Inkling. 'M brown." Was there anything noteworthy to mention? Anything at all? ...None that she could think of.

"Can ink even be brown?" Brutus asked, truly curious, "Oy didn' know tha was a thing! Oy thought ya powdered yer tentacles like the sisters!"

"Huh - you guys don't have any special talents or anything? Or hobbies?" Lili questioned, curious. "I mean for example I like baking treats - you guys should come over and have some sometime."

She nodded her head to the other girl’s comment, "Alga - you okay there?" She noticed the inkling’s narrowed eyes. "Well of course you're an Inkling - what else would you be an Octoling? Not that would change my opinion of you."

She shook her head. "I can't say I've seen brown ink before, Brutus. It's interesting. But hey; anythings possible!"

Alga frowned and looked away, but didn't offer much to Lili's point. "It is what it is." Chewing her lip, she glanced down, murmuring. "Dad has it...too..."

"Why ya seem sad?" Brutus asked, still oddly chipper, "brown's an awesome color! Oy've thought about what it would be like if Oy could 'ave whatever ink color Oy wanted! Black! Wouldn' that just be spiff!"

Alga looked at him and shook his head, speaking clearly for the first time in awhile, in a firm tone of voice that implied she didn't quite like his words. "It's not like th-that. Inklings... They may be able to change color, but...it's not fun. N-Not when you're different from everyone else. O-Only rainbow colors are viable. Black, white, brown... A-Anything other than a color than can be produced by sp-spawn points... People h-hate you for that.

"The Squid Sisters are an ex-exception. They use powder. Something like-like black that's genetic -- it'll get you killed."

"Ehh, if ya says so. Man, people’re dumb." Brutus mumbled the last part. He got up and started pacing around, which quickly turned into running around, from shrub to shrub in the backyard. Birds fluttered from whichever bush he shook.

Lili turned from, Brutus to Alga, "So is that it, you can't change your colour? I don't think there is anything wrong with it though. But, I can imagine it'd be ... strange to stand out? I mean, I'm sorry, I can't understand what you've been through - but I don’t see the issue."

"Mm."

Alga looked down, not comforted by Lili's words but at the same time feeling no jab of insult either. If she hadn't been holding her case, the Inkling would have put her hands into her pockets, but as it was, she simply tightened her hold and clutched her case close to her chest.

The hours rolled by in awkward silence. Lili tried getting conversation going but to no avail, and eventually she just stopped trying and started watching Brutus. The clumsy Octoling was charming, even if he kept tripping over fallen potted plants.

But watching him couldn’t pass multiple hours. It didn’t help that Alga kept eyeing her as time went by. And to be honest, here they all were, sitting in the backyard of some mysteriously vanished celebrities… probably illegally.

Maybe it would be better to go…

Lili sat up and was about to say something when another voice spoke up. A stern voice. “Hands up where I can see them.”

@SP3CT3R 3 Credits: Specter, until you post, I'm putting your character officially on autopilot. I'll have the other players voting power on what your character will do based on a few options I provide. If you can post, you can do whatever you want. But if you can't we can keep the story moving along.

Autopilot

Fight or flight? Eric was prepared for a fight but he was quaking in his boots. This was hardly the time to be fighting. He was already next to the escape and these people, these... suits, they had weapons that he'd never seen before. And that was saying something. Who knew what they could do... who even knew if an ink wall would stop them?

No the safest thing to do was run. He had his respawn stone after all... he was safe.

But... his parents.

No time to think about that now. Eric shrugged off the feeling of dread coming down on him and started going down the metal emergency stairs as fast as he could without making much sound.

"See," a voice came from his room as he about halfway down. "Are you happy now? The stone isn't here. They got to it before getting the kid. The other group is probably halfway back to the lab by now. Now stop floundering around looking for his dumb stone and let's find the way out of here!"

They might be coming your way soon. But then again, maybe they don't know this is the exit? What do you do Eric? {Vote: Go down stairs at fastest pace! Best to get a lead on them! : Quietly now... maybe they don't know the way out.}

@VeryButter

Go To: Inkopolis

The best and perhaps the only way to get to the plaza proper is by train. Unfortunately, it appears the earthquake has taken that out of commission. D'oh!

So here she stands at the station with a few hundred other Inklings from your neighborhood who look like they're trying to do about the same thing as Magabelle was: get to the city. Most of them probably just wanted to see what the raucous was all about, though maybe some were trying to get to work. Point is... the option didn't seem to be available.

The train station itself was barred off by yellow tape and Magabelle could see the train behind it. Police were ushering curious onlookers away from the tape, but there were too many. It was all too easy to push up to the tape and get a good look at the train. There were simply too many people and not enough police.

The train was a wreck. Not because the hull was particularly fractured, but the tracks had cracked. So that baby wasn't going anywhere any time soon.

Magabelle was about to get in line--there were a number of buses headed into the city proper at a snail's pace when her eye caught... someone? Someone was on the train still and they didn't look like an official. Who were they?

All said, what will you do, Magabelle?

((Have any questions? Did I misrepresent your character? Contact me via PM or Skype. Deadline is later because I'm moving tomorrow and will not have stable internet.))

Reminders:

Posts are Due: Friday, 30th of October at Midnight PST
Gm Post will (hopefully) be Made: Sunday 1th of November at Midnight PST

Will be Responded to in GM Post:
Talk [use on people you want to start a conversation with]
Shadow [use this to try to stealthily follow a target. I'll make rolls on whether you succeed or not]
Ink / Go To ______ [use this to travel from one place to another relatively quickly; ink if it's something specific, like a kettle, Go To if it's a general area]
Call [use on a person that you want to call (talk, but when not in the area)--or a item that has a number on it to contact someone you don't know]
Research [some topic; need to be in a library or have access to a computer--shellphones don't count]
Sleep [use this when there's nothing left you can do, logically, in the day]

Will be Responded to Immediately:
Conceal [use this action on something you intend to hide on your person]
Examine/Observe [use on things that you want more details on]
Use [use on things that you intend to use in some way--please specify how you're using it]
Attack [use on people or objects you intend to hurt or break, specify any weapons you might be using]
Search For [use like examine but for things that may or may not be there]
Hide [Insert Applicable Preposition] [use to conceal oneself, usually for a short amount of time]

Last edited:

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Walking away from the alley, the Plaza and general crosswalk area were depressing sights to see. Particularly the fallen news monitor. Despite this mess, Inkopolis's most famous landmark stood upright and mostly intact. Wade figured it had to do with how the Tower was designed, something about triangles being more stable and balanced, but in any case, how well it held up after an earthquake was a solid testament to it's structural integrity. Of it's architectural genius.

Sometimes, thinking about the Tower made Wade consider being a architect himself when he grew up. Though he didn't think about it often, Wade was pretty good with maps and stage layouts. He really could see himself being someone who created things of function and structure, and made lot of cash at the same time. Wouldn't that be the life?

Admittedly, it was a weird thought to have when the end goal of this venture was to break into a building. It was weird to think about being successful in the future when he was presently sneaking away weapons and getting himself into conspiracies.

...Were these doubts? No.... No. Wade glanced over to Ash, still amazed at how unwavering she was about meddling, and how uninhibited she had seemed in general. He wondered if Ash had doubts she didn't show, or if it was just him worrying too much.

No, he was probably worrying the right amount for a normal person that didn't deal in sketchy happenings regularly. In fact maybe even too little considering how prepared Jax had came. Yet, it seemed appropriate. Weirdly, in Jax's extreme caution, Wade felt he could trust Jax, that he couldn't be that cautious without being genuine.

Wow. Maybe Wade was too worried, and too trusting. But wasn't it his strategy and determination that would see him through?
-----
As Jax lead them into the Tower locker room, he dropped Wade some brief instructions.

"Let's get geared up, quickly," Jax said. "I'm going to go to my locker and pick up a few things. Wade, if you could keep an eye on our 'guest' while you pick out lethal weapons that would be wonderful."

Wade responded with a jokey salute, "Yessir," already thinking about what he wanted to grab. And what weapon was that? Well, see, that was a complex and wonderfu--Charger. Charger charger charger. It crossed Wade's mind that he should choose a safer weapon, but he ultimately disregarded it.

Left with Ash, which was not awkward at all --was this a hostage situation or was she willingly here?-- Wade tried to make some light banter while looking.

"So, I'm guessing I know what weapon you'd chose, Octobrush," Wade stated, "buuut I think I'm going with something more.... snipey."

Ash responded enthusiaticall, "Heck yeah I want my Octobrush! That thing is my inky baby."

Wade smirked. First things first though.

Search for: Splatcharger

Last edited:

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Search for: Splatcharger

The locker rooms are, to put it simply, gigantic. As there are so many players coming in and out of Inkopolis, the locker rooms have to be large enough to accommodate for everyone. As such, the rooms are separated into a huge underground complex that can be near labyrinthine. Luckily, anyone who's anyone in Ink Battling has memorized their locker.

Well, most anyway.

The elevator, however, was out, so the duo had to walk to Wade's floor and room. This in itself was odd because almost no one used the stairs--it took some time to even find them. Still, six floors later, the duo made their way to the correct location.

It was jarring to say the least. To be in the locker rooms without anyone else around, that is. The lights were off and they had only Wade's shellphone for lighting. On the plus side, it made it easier to bring Ash into the men's locker room when they missed the sign.

Wade got himself to his locker with Ash trailing close behind. Punching in his keycode he prayed it would work...

It did. I guess that made sens, Jax probably didn't expect them to break into their own lockers. Hopefully. But now, what do choose? Wade had an amazing collection of chargers--it was his main weapon type.

VeryButter

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
EatALLTehCereal
Magabelle’s attention stuck to the person on the train. Why were they there? Were they repairing it?...they didn’t seem like they were. Maybe she should get a closer look at them…

Examine: Person on the train

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Magabelle: Examine: Person on the Train

Trying to rationalize that person's activities didn't seem to appear plausible. They were clearly too young and they didn't seem to look professional in the slightest. ...So what were they doing there?

VeryButter

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
EatALLTehCereal
Well. A random person, in the train, while it’s out of commission, and an earthquake just happened,and it’s being guarded by officials...totally safe. Totally.

Should she try to get closer, and see what they’re doing? Or should she ignore them, and go to Inkopolis?...she silently cursed herself. She had to see what they were doing, if only to assure herself that it wasn’t dangerous.

(Attempt to) Go To: Train

Banshee

Full Squid
NNID
Laddy-Daddy
The voice gave Alga pause, and from where she was sitting on the patio her posture seized up. Adrenaline began its merry course through her body, and once again she forced herself into taking deep breaths at the voice that most certainly did not seem friendly.

For a moment, Alga wondered; was it the authorities? Were they going to take her in as a criminal? Of all the things, that was the one she had tried her utmost to avoid thus far, and for them to arrivej ust when she'd managed to relax...

The Inkling glanced to the case sitting beside her, and for a second she debated over whether it would be better to draw her weapon. The thought was dismissed as quickly as it came though, and with hesitation she did as she was told. Hands shakily rising into the air, blue eyes glanced upwards in order to take in the appearance of this newcomer.

They didn't...look like police officers...?

Examine: Voice Owner

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Wade put his fist over his mouth, deeply contemplating what weapon to choose.

It had to be a charger, no doubt about that. But which one? Wade clearly needed every charger he could get his tentacles on, but now this weapon collection tasked him with choosing just one of his precious rifles. Drat. Darting his eyes over the ink barrels, Wade started considering his choices.

If he needed one weapon to do it all, an E-liter seemed solid. Definitely not a Custom make, no need for Beakons, sooo... Vanilla Eliter?--pros: long range;Burst bombs,decent close;wall mobility;echolocator --cons:long charge time;narrow ink paths,bad area control,limited mobility--

As Wade pulled out the weapon and turned it over in his hands, his mind cleared. He could use an E-liter, but right now, it just wasn't doing it for him. Not as much as a splatcharger would. Wade would've liked to say that he loved all chargers equally, but splatchargers were what he learned to use first and what always felt instinctual in his hands.

If he was going for familiarity, he'd no-scope it, too. So the real question was... Kelp, or Vanilla....? Wade stood staring at the two weapons for a solid minute, tossing pros and cons in his head back and forth frantically.

Kelp splatcharger was his go to for Ranked, but but but, vanilla had splat bombs, best bombs, but but but, Kelp had the killer 'killer wail and sprinkler' combo, but but but...

The original splatcharger had options. The Kelp? It was good at keeping people away and claiming splatzones, things good in controlled arenas but... there was no denying the multi uses of splat bombs and a good bomb rush in a pinch. He needed that versatility... and he needed the close range panic option.

Wow. To think he had a locker full of chargers and the one he'd really need was the first one he ever bought. Wade smiled fondly, cut short as he turned around and remembered Ash still waiting in the room.

Huh. Wade was set with a weapon, but what about her? He hesitated, wondering if he should at least offer to let her grab a weapon if she was tagging along, just so she could... defend herself? At least for now, neither of them had their ink tanks. If he had to be honest, having a close range ink battler might be helpful as shell since he was such a squishy sniper.

Wade was meaning to ask something anyways... like.. where they were going to meet up. He might as well bring up the topic while he was at it. Wade pulled out his shellphone and dialed away.

Call: Jax

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Examine: Voice Owner

Turning around slowly, being sure to keep her hands in the air, Alga turned to look at the harsh-voiced speaker that had ordered them quiet. She was wirey-looking, tall and gangly, holding in her hands, blatantly, a Splash-o-Matic. Where had she gotten that?

She wore a beanie over her head, much like Brutus. Her layered shirt and menacing glare were her most defining features and that didn't make her any less imposing.

Was she... who they were waiting for?

lonelyrollingsquid

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Selfcat
Kiki cringed as people accidentally bumped against her when trying to manoeuvre through the crowd. She had always disliked being here when it was busy, it was why she didn't care much for Splatfests.

Being here now was making her frustrated, but she didn't want to have made her way there for no reason. So she edged back into the outer layer of the crowd and settled for watching the commotion, hoping she'd find something of purpose here.

Observe: Plaza

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Examine: Plaza

Kiki found it hard to push her way out of the crowd, so it took her some time. Still, with perseverance, she managed to get to the edge.

But there wasn't much to see around here. The crowd was mostly a mob shouting at the politician who continued to try to sate them nice words. It was largely impossible to make up what was going on there... it was chaos.

So she looked away, getting even further from the group, leaning against the railing. There Kiki saw something she'd never expected to see... an old man was poking his head out from a sewer drain, observing the crowd, same as her. It was hard to tell he was there because he only came up when he thought no one was looking, but now that she was out of his line of sight...

What now?

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
The hours seemed to pass by - in fact she was almost ready to leave. Where was this person? Rubbing the back of her head she wondered if staying here was even worth her time. But; she promised she would help Brutus - so she couldn't break that promise could she? Sighing the young inkling looked around the yard while watching Brutus chase butterflies to his hearts content - well Octolings werent so bad... were they?

Standing up i was then an unknown voice spoke up from behind her - "Hands up where I can see them." Huh? The young inkling whipped around - tentacles wish whipping around her coming face to face with the person that she assumed was "Aelia". Remaining silent she waved her hands around trying to indicate and show she was no threat. "Are you.... Aelia? Brutus is that her?" She made she to keep her hands raised and shown. Hopefully things won't go south....

Raise Hands: Do Nothing

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom