• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Monster Hunter: Social Thread

What's your primary weapon?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MisterDark

Inkling
NNID
wsteph2
I'm making this thread because why not.
For the uninformed, Monster Hunter is a game where you do exactly as the title says, hunt monsters. If you already play Monster Hunter, or plan on doing so, you can post your Friend Code/NNID/PSN/whatever you want, and we can all hunt together. So, with that all out of the way, let's start talking.
My Friend Code: 3411 1223 1286
Armor Set: Rath Heart
Primary Weapon: Charge Blade

Albatross

Senior Squid
NNID
Zacrowski
I don't really stick with one weapon class. I switch between Light Bowgun, Bow, Insect Glaive, Sword n Shield, and Gun Lance.

Although recently I've been mostly using bow and evade bombing with SnS.
I've been trying to get certain Guild Quests, but it's so random :(

My FC is 4184 - 5002 - 2760.

Rhode

$("div.content::dd").hide();
NNID
ricobullet
I made it to HR999 in Tri and then in MH3U, both using the lance. In Tri, lance was a lot better though because you can side-step after your third strike, in MH3U they made this impossible to do. :(

I haven't really gotten into MH4U because of the lack of Wii U support, I don't really like playing a game like Monster Hunter on a portable despite its origins.

Mind's Eye is one of #1 skills needed as a lance player, because not being able to counter after a bounce is very very veeeery bad.

ndayadn

yeah
NNID
Seabass
I played Hammer in MH4U, but by the time I got to G-rank it was very unfun since I had to let my friend with Charge Blade go for the head at all times. Which you know defeats the entire purpose of playing Hammer. Also past G-rank in general is something I don't want to devote time to unfortunately v_______________v

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
I play Insect Glaive and Charge Blade in MH4U, but I play Gunlance in 3U.

Razen

Inkling
NNID
RazenRaven
Aww man, I love me some good monster huntin'. Been into the series for about 5 years now, I think. Started with the original Tri on the wii not long after it released, then went back to Freedom Unite, then 3u and now 4u.

Back when I first started out, I'd tried getting into lance but for some reason it just didn't click with me. Ended up going with hammer, and mained that for most of Tri and Freedom Unite.

When 3u came around, I forced myself to drop the hammer and try something different. Fell in love with dual blades and stuck with them for nearly all my hunts. Probably my favorite weapon.

Decided to switch it up again in 4u so now I'm using charge blade. Feels really weird being able to block, but I'm really enjoying it. I haven't had as much time to play as I'd like since I've been so busy lately, but ehhh that's just how things are sometimes. Think I'm at the last hr quest now. So far no carts, but we all know G rank's gonna change that :p

StayPuft

Pro Squid
NNID
cellularSP
I used to be a Hunter like you, until my SD card wouldn't let me save my game anymore for some reason??

I got Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate in May of this year, and it was really fun. I solely played the hammer, and I think I got pretty decent with it. If I wanted to get into the game again I would need to reset though, and I don't feel like grinding monsters for armor and weapons again... though the Isabelle Palico armor is definitely making me consider changing my mind.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I played MH4U up to near the end of High Rank and then got tired of the game. I wasn't enjoying the kill monsters > farm materials > craft armor/weapon > kill monster cycle anymore. But anyways, the 100 or so hours I had with the game were very much worth it.

I played Hunting Horn and Insect Glaive most of the time. Tried to play Bow/Light Bowgun but ranged weapons aren't for me.

thekawaiione

Inkling
NNID
thekawaiione
...This thread reminds me I should get back into MH4U again. I got up to slaying Gore Magala and having all the other frenzied monsters start showing up then stopped playing to wait for my brother to catch up so we could play together.

Onto main topic though~ my main weapon changes with each game lol; I'll always alternate often with Dual Blades because I like the speed, but then on Tri was mainly Hammer, MH3U was Switch Axe, and now it's mainly the Long Sword.

Artakha

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Artakha
Hunting Horn G3 here. I finished my all purpose HH set and working on a collection of Hunting Horns.

Dolphoshi

Pro Squid
YES!
well i main the bow i love being able to dodge when ever I want the hunting horn and glaive are my runner ups because of the movement speed increase they have
my favorite monster hunter was MH3U I loved fighting underwater (don't murder me please) and plus it had gobul which is my favorite monster for many reasons
My armor is the Gobul armor i love critcal eye and speed eating 2 is godly, my favorite weapon is the selene moonbroken because i love focus rock drop, and the pierce for the first two levels, and spread if they get to close.
so thats all about me

Artakha

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Artakha
I'm actually okay with the notion of the underwater combat. But i disagree with gobul. Royal Ludroth is clearly cuter.

Kamiyouni

Inkling
NNID
ElthianTri
I'm multiclass. I'm not proficient, but I can hold my own with ALL weapons except hunting horn. I need to essentially 100% the game before I go to that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom