• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

More/better ways to earn super sea snails?

Are the current ways of getting super sea snails fair?

• Yes

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters
NNID
m0nkeyd0g
I have seen a lot of people (understandably) frustrated with the inconvenience of getting super sea snails.

Generally, I am in agreement with this notion. But at the same time one must always consider the possible downsides to making them more easily accessible.

What do you think? Is it fair as is, or should there be new/easier ways?

Quilavaflare

Senior Squid
NNID
Quilavaflare
Personally, I think the fact that they are even needed in the first place is just silly. So yes, I think they should be more readily available and easier to get.

boredguy108

Semi-Pro Squid
In a nut shell, isn't a single Sea Snails just 30,000 currency? (What is the currency called, anyway? Splat Cash? Splatoon Doubloons?)
I mean, all they do is re-roll gear and/or add slots, which I believe cost at most 30,000 currency.

So yeah, you can technically earn "Sea Snails" (or at least what they're worth) just by playing the game a lot.

That being said, I don't like the grind to earn 18/24 Snails. So I do think there is room for improvement. Even though I'm not sure how.

Edit: Just in case some people aren't aware, after you reach Level 20, you get the option to add slots and re-roll gear for currency. Just talk to Spyke.

NNID
m0nkeyd0g
Well, what else are you going to do with the money? After you bought all the weapons and gear, the only place where you can spend money is with Spyke.
I guess, but it's still kinda inconvenient/frustrating. Also, I personally don't think that making them easier to get would mess up the distribution of shiny/pure gear, which is the only real possible downside (although I will admit that the difficulty of obtaining the snails makes rolling nice gear all the more satisfying).

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I dunno, maybe get 5-10 Sea Snails per week upon reaching level 50?

I remember having a dream that there was a new event introduced that took place every non-Splatfest weekend, sorta like a Splatfest-lite. Maybe something like that could work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom