• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Most Brutal Mario Kart Game?

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
For online play, Mario Kart Wii takes the cake. It's the most unbalanced MK I ever played, and it's even worse online. Doing very well? Expect constant blue shells. Many of them. The brutal part being when your on the last lap near the finish line and this happens....extreme burn.

For offline play so far I would have to say maybe MK8. Ive cleared MK64 and MKDD completely and was near completion of MK Wii...but 200cc has me on the rails. Mirror on that may even be worse. To me it's brutal just for the speed and needing to break more often than what your used to. I haven't fully done it yet though and I'm just going to wait for the deluxe versions release before I fully clear the game.

Special mention goes to Super Circuit, the weakest game in the series. I only consider it brutal due to the poor controls and playing on such a small screen though.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
And when you lose a grand prix, the game says "Nice Try!", it shows Lakitu clapping for you, and the music is rather happy for losing music. I never feel bad for losing!
In that sense, then yes. VERY friendly about it. Unlike Mario Kart 64...I'm sure we all remember the humiliating bomb and salt in the wounds type music for placing in 4th place. Not so nice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Goont

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PrankingMaster
MK64 is really unforgiving on the player. Drifting wrong will make your character swerve and do a twisting animation that pretty much guarantees death every time. This can even happen when swerving left and right too much. The Lakitu animations also take quite a while. And on top of all that, the controls are very floaty. That's not saying it isn't a fantastic game though. It's aged very well and was a great game considering true 3D karting hadn't been accomplished yet. But boy are the handling and controls difficult to master.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
MK64 is really unforgiving on the player. Drifting wrong will make your character swerve and do a twisting animation that pretty much guarantees death every time. This can even happen when swerving left and right too much.
I remember this being a big problem when I first got the game when I was little. Even following the game manuals instructions for drifting, I still kept spinning out easily. Years later I went back to clear the game and realized that for 150cc and Mirror Mode, you HAVE to master the drifting.

It took alot of pratice and I did manage...but it was nowhere near as enjoyable as the MK: DD drifting that I loved so much. I felt that it punished you more easily than later games...not enough for me to consider it brutal, but pretty darn close.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom