• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Most despised weapons in splatoon (1&2)

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
So I though I would take a second to list some of the weapons I despise in splatoon and my reasoning behind them
10. Aerospray- this isn't a great weapon, never truely was that good of a weapon but my goodness can seeing a whole enemy team full of aerospray when trying to dilute salt can really fry your nerves.
They cover very quickly and have nearly instant special, seeing this with special charge make it ever more annoying to deal with in battle.
Again though even with it being buffed it still has terrible rng, so getting by keeping your distance and minding your special you can be safe from most dangers

9. Dynamo Roller- this weapon is obnoxious at turfing, but was the bane of exsistance of all players who dare find the common lagging dynamo and it's phantom flicks, now with a vertical strike this weapon is even more scary now than it was before
However I will say that due to it's long delay alot of splat you usually get from this thing are either a result of lag or impatience, and in all honestly you can't really change this no matter how hard you try, so it is just better to work around the problem (both figuratively and literally)

8. Custom scoped Eliter 3k/ Eliter 4K- In early days eliters were always a pain, then they though why don't we give it even more range...? NO NO NO, having a weapon that can shut down pushes out of sheer fear of being sniped, used to draw out games longer than necessary, plus if you dared get close to one you were easily shut down due to it's close range panic button special
Nowadays, I will give it a pass since it runs a more conservative set that agrees with the weapon, and most splats they get require a lot of skill to pull off from such a distance.

7.Hydra splatling

6. .52 gal- quick hit to kill with a splash wall, good .52 gals were always a pain to deal with, and made you regret ever getting a map with a close or coming on when port mackrel was involved. Plus when showering was a thing it made these weapons practically invincible.
Though slightly hypocritical since I too played the gal :scared:, gals again have gotten nerfed with the absence of damage up, and though still pretty good I feel a lot less annoyed when seeing them nowadays

5. Duelies- Okay I will admit I love these they are really fun to play with and have a lot of technicality behind them, but then you meet the other duelies out there, people who don't know what they are doing and occasionally roll off cliffs and into enemy fire. This is one of the few weapon that not because it is ridiculous (though a last second roll out of range does at times upset me), but because there is some much potential that some refuse to learn due to rushing in head first.

4. Carbon rollers- Last weapon I play that made it this high on the list, carbons are bathed in the dead sea, they can easily ruin a persons day with quick attacks, burst canceling, and the hated inkzooka. Plus a sharking carbon that camps in one area you can't reach.
Carbons though like many weapon aforementioned are a lot more enjoyable to use, still has quickly splat potential, but now it focuses on luring you to them or holding a zone rather then the rushdown tactics of it's predacessor so again I can live and even enjoy using such weapon with less guilt:D

3. Rapid pro/ clash blaster- rapids and clash make it so high on this list for one reason, when you see one it is honestly feel like they are just out to farm xp and ruin people's day, all damage up rapid just felt cruel and never liked the idea of it.
Now the clash blaster looks to pick up where it left off, we see how bad this is when it comes out
Again it isn't the worst though, due to using any other set made it rather fun to play against and even use in practice set (never won with it but I tried it here and there), and again clash blaster looks like it can be bad, but it has got a fun design and can't insta splat so I will give it a pass

2. Neo LUNA- No one can disagree qr stealth luna was the bane of many people games, OHKO with ridiculous blast radius, whether being camped from around a corner, getting a trade and seing them instantly respawn from the kill feed, or being splatted by a laggy luna. This Meta weapon in Splatoon 1 just about made me not even like the whole blaster class... thankfully custom range exists to balance the PH and show how fun these weapons can potentially be.
Though why not number 1? Well it does require some skill to use, so most new players aren't all that overpowered with it, plus again with balances and a nerfed quick respawn this weapon will be a lot better to use.

1. Tentatek splattershot- :scared::scared::scared::scared: I despise this weapon so much, kills feel free, it has the hated inkzooka, it can use any set and still wipe a team, and not only that but a newbie can pick it up and easily get 20+ splats.
Seeing a ranked team comprised of all or mostly tentatek saddens me, 1 cause I know the one tentatek on our team is likely to be either garbage or godlike, and it also take all the variety away from splatoon.
Worse yet is I still see people trying to do this again in Splatoon 2, and is unneccesary.
That is why I made an promise not to use this weapon, because if I have a choice between sucess or having fun with a variety of tools, I stay at C rank anyday over using the tentatek

Anyways just wanted to do a little something different after all the meta, tech, and gear discussion, feel free to share some weapons you dislike or want to see patched in someway in the sequel

OogieBoogie

Pro Squid
NNID
MrOogieBoogie
I have seen a few people complain about the aerospray because it is a very strong weapon/load out. You do not seem to think it is a good weapon, but I disagree. It covers turf insanely fast, gets special quickly, the suction bomb is the best sub (my opinion) and once you get your cursor on an enemy, it is lights out for em'. I used to use the slosher, but with that my win rate would be like 50% and I would place in 3rd or 4th. Switching to the Aerospray, I come in 1st almost every match and win rate climbed drastically. I can actually understand why people would hate this weapon, and foresee it being the first weapon on the chopping block for nerfs. If not the weapon, maybe altering the special charge rate or load out.

BloodWingdAngel

Inkster Jr.
NNID
BloodWingedAngel
Don't be hatin on my Carbon!

Nah but in all seriousness I can see why we Carbon mains are disliked, though to be fair we aren't the worst offenders of cheep shots in Splatoon. I'll admit though that it depends on the player, as the way I use a Carbon is very different then how normal sneaky sharkers do.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
@OogieBoogie I am not saying it is a bad weapon nowadays, but I am comparing weapons from both iterations and tbh aerspray was one of the least used weapons in all of splatoon.
Also take into consideration nowadays they are good but far from the best, simply cause it lacks range that many other weapons, including rollers have, it was the same way in splatoon 1 everyone thought the aerospray was overpower due to it's coverage, but soon faded, buffs should keep it relevant but again there are other options that are better.

@BloodWingdAngel I agree cheap salt shots where awful in spaltoon 1, I personally preferred to sneak right into the enemy base and go in burst bombs blazing from there, it was alot more fun then hiding and it was one of the things that drew me to this weapon, that and my all swim speed sets
:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:
:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:
:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_inksaversub::ability_swimspeed: gotta swim fast

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
So far as of recent- Autobombs.

But ZERO! You use the Carbon! How can you say that?

It's the anti to my sneaky Inkbrush playstyle. Hiding in ink? That Aubobomb is going to fish my inky butt out. Oof.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom